Pfffffffffft

short and sweet...please help!

i have:

adware-6

avast antivirus

google toolbar..

i downloaded fruity loops 3 demo version from one of you in the

12oz chatroom on soulseek......

now i obviously have a trojan because adware, avast, and google arnt stopping me from popups..

ive had this computer for 8 months and NEVER had a problem with popups until now...

plz help.

i prefer to not have someone help me through this thread due to people posting bullshit and straying off topic. this is serious to me so if you want to offer help or suggestion drop an email.

sykeology101@hotmail.com

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you're on 98, reboot in command line mode and reset you registry:

c:>scanreg /restore

just pick an older backup and hope for the best.

if you're on XP look for system restore and restore to a date previous to which you installed fruity loops. The downside to this is it'll remove any file you've added to the HDD after that date.

System restore is at AccessoriesSystem ToolsSystem Restore.

you might have a dso exploit or adrotator

the dso fucks with your registry

and adrotator can be deleted but keep comin back and opens up a bajillion ie windows

thats what i've had for the past week even with the restore

and i downloaded fruity loops studio on exe and instantly it began

Google sold out man.

www.google-watch.org

I sent you an email about this but I will post here anyways. I too have recently been suffering from a rash of trojans from p2p sharing. So I searched for trojan scanners and I've been using "The Cleaner"

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/thecleaner.html

I believe there is a better scanner for linux but I'm not using linux right now. This is for winblows. Anyways it seems to work pretty decent. It's got a good library of trojans to scan for which can be updated. It can also try and detect unknown trojans by alerting you when you're registry has changed. There are also a multitude of other tools that are very useful. So I would suggest giving it a whirl. It's shareware... But my evaluation time is not clicking off for some reason. Fine by me.

i just recently had this nasty trojan thing that put programs on my machine, added favorites and plagued me with popups.

i tried deleting the added programs but couldn't because they were always 'in use' so i tried to delete the processes while they were running, but they always had some stupid .dll that was running. i also tried to fix the start programs so they couldn't run, but to no avail.

so the way i fixed it:

- found the name of the program with some ad-removal software

- went here: http://www.pchell.com to find the exact solution and just went for it

this website has most nasty things you may want to get rid of, you just need to figure out the name of the bad thing.

i had to delete all the entries in the registry while in safe mode then DL another program stop the processes. then delete everything again when they weren't running.

that website kicks ass tho

good luck