Computer/MSN help

fr8otech

My computer won't let me send anyone a file through MSN or allow me to upload a file to any hosting site. No attachments to emails, nothing. even the box in MSN which usually displays a picture is gone. When I try to send a file to someone, it looks as though it fine on my end, I can cancel it, it even says waiting for ______ to accept. But they never see a thing.

anyone had this happen or know what to do about it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nothing like that which I know of...

also, keep in mind Im on MSn almost everyday and send files all the time. So for it to just up and not work once I got home tonight, it really makes no sense.

Also, I can receive files from other people, just not sending or uploading at all...

The firewall comment would have been my first guess, its possible that you recently adapted a configuration which is actively blocking certain ports, but leaving common/known ones open (which would explain your browsing ability). Most likely you are leaving out some details which would enable us to expedite the resolution of your problem. Try to recall any recent hardware or software updates, changes, additions, removals - are you on a direct link to the internet, are you on a shared intranet connection, are you on a college lan, etc. Maybe a virus is blocking ports, maybe you uninstalled a driver for something accidentally, etc.

Archived