Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

computer is fucked up. pelase help.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Mang, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i thought i had a macro virus, so i followed someone's advice and tried to get a trial version of norton antivirus. i installed it, but it said it had errors and it froze.

i restart my computer, and norton freezes every time. i've done control+alt+delete, but even after closing the program the computer is unbearably slow or freezes. i'm thinking (hoping) that norton is the problem (as seems to be with all kinds of virus scans i've dealt with in the past), so i need to delete everything norton has on my computer.

* i have windows XP *

here are my questions:

how do i start my computer in DOS mode (what keys do i need to press to get the DOS prompt?)

how would i go about reformatting my hard drive if needed (through DOS)? [dont forget i have XP]

and help would be appreciated.

2. yoink

yoink Elite Member

are you talking bout reinstalling your system specs?

cause if you are you should be able to put the system restore disk in your comp, restart it and it should start in dos..but thats complete system restore...as for getting to dos normally i would not know...:eek:

3. colour

colour Member

im not familar with xp i still use 2kpro but...

yeah id just fucking reformat already.

2k/xp is based on the nt kernel so you cant really boot into dos as you can in 9x.

but you can make boot disks which will lead you into the 2k/xp reformatting sequence.

or if you have 98 bootdisk you can fdisk from there. id just make a xp boot disk though.

oh yeah if you got a retail xp cd or a bootable one then just pop that fucker back in and itll overwrite and format the HD.

4. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

its the cia they think your a "terrorist"....

5. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

probably.

the problem is my computer freezes when i start windows, and i dont have a boot disk i don't think. never made one.

thanks for all the help. i just need to know the command to start in DOS mode.

6. Dude, i feel guilty mang..sending you there. It aint my fault i know but still, i owe you an apology just for contributing to this, so sorry. Apart from that i cant really help you, starting in dos by keyboard aint something i know...from what i understand this prolly aint got to do with a virus, its an internal thing...i suggest getting help from people that know that shit, and DONT format the disc, it aint gonna help

7. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

hey mang...when I send you the sardaukar demo if you want I can send a copy of norton system works...and I can ASSURE you it works becuase its keeping my computer in check as we speak.

8. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

the problem is my computer is so slow as it is. the virus scan started to work a little bit, but then it froze again.

i could definitely use a virus scan with that band demo. i'll be down in less than a month. maybe we can meet up some time and i can give you some skate vids in return. sound good?

ask tb. i'm no carla thaler, dawg.

9. rip

rip Elite Member

ok i think u presss f8 while the computer is booting up. then it gives u choices to coose. picc start in DOS. then when your in DOS type in format. i think thatll work with xp.

10. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i pressed f8

got in safe mode

got into my computer successfully

tried to uninstall norton, but it wouldnt let me cause i was in safe mode

went in the norton folder and deleted everything i could (i know - bad idea)

eptied the recycle bin

restarted the computer

realized i was fucked

every time i start my computer, it gets in a cycle like this:

turns on
    gives me my intel image
    goes into f8 mode
    i select something, and it restarts again

fuck. i'm broke and can't get the computer fixed for a long long time. i can't reformat cause there is no dos mode for me to work.