Compiling Bin Files (please help)

26SidedCube

Alright, whoever's been reading the Doom III thread should know what I'm going to ask...

I downloaded this shit and now I've only got a bunch of winRAR files (compressed bin/cue files).

How do I go about playing my damn game without having to have my masters in computer science or an internship at IBM?

Please tell me there's a simple solution. Winner gets a handjob from Pinup.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

easy. get a copy of nero burning rom, and the cue file....that's the trick...see, the cue file cues up all the bin files to be burned onto the cd. word.

also, bin/cues show up as nero burnables. just double click that cue file once nero is all installed...

Alright, so this is what I'm looking at:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kickasspogostick/doom31.jpg'>

The main folder (I'll bet you'd never have guessed)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kickasspogostick/doom32.jpg'>

Inside CD1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kickasspogostick/doom33.jpg'>

This is inside the highlighted rar file above. It doesn't list the cue file, but it decompresses one. So...

Each bin/cue combo is in it's/their own winRar

(.tar) file. I'm going to decompress all of

these for each CD and then burn them to a

disc? Do I have to keep them in any certain

order or will it take care of itself?

I can't just burn 'CD1' to a disc and expect it to work, correct?

Downloading Nero right now...

Glik.. you need to relax on the teck talk. My cat threatened to bark at me if I read another sentence pertaining to computers containing the word 'algorhythm'. I don't even own a cat.

yes. extract them to seperate folders. bins/cues for cd1, cd2, etc. then nero that shit. expect it to work. nero picks up on bins and cues and it actually loves them. it had a long relationship with one of them, and was planning on marriage until the midget came along. that's a story for another time, though.

what glik is talking about will work, but i figured you wanted the easiest non-techy way to do it.

gliko did mention a crack, and i'm guessing the guy(s) who ripped that game knew what they were doing and included one.

if ya need any more help, i'll be around 12 oz for another hour or so.

Originally posted by casekonly

yes. extract them to seperate folders. bins/cues for cd1, cd2, etc. then nero that shit. expect it to work. nero picks up on bins and cues and it actually loves them. it had a long relationship with one of them, and was planning on marriage until the midget came along. that's a story for another time, though.

what glik is talking about will work, but i figured you wanted the easiest non-techy way to do it.

gliko did mention a crack, and i'm guessing the guy(s) who ripped that game knew what they were doing and included one.

if ya need any more help, i'll be around 12 oz for another hour or so.

Swell.

I'm going to do the cigarette run and come back and try this out. If I need any help I won't hesitate to expand on contractual platforms.

Thanks man-g.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Quick question before I start on my way...

See all those .r30, .r31, .sfv, etc files near the bottom? Should I put those on the disc also (I'm assuming so)?

Obviously I don't need the top-left file.

Abracadabara, bitches.

iso's are for cd's. burn that shit. as for the .ro1 etc...those are extracted by a main zip..like, a .cab file. if you don't know what those are, don't worry about it, the bin/cue will take care of it...just unzip/unrar the files that have .zip .rar on that back end, find the cue file, burn.

Archived