Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Compiling Bin Files (please help)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 26SidedCube, Aug 7, 2004.

1. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Alright, whoever's been reading the Doom III thread should know what I'm going to ask...

I downloaded this shit and now I've only got a bunch of winRAR files (compressed bin/cue files).

How do I go about playing my damn game without having to have my masters in computer science or an internship at IBM?

Please tell me there's a simple solution. Winner gets a handjob from Pinup.

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

easy. get a copy of nero burning rom, and the cue file....that's the trick...see, the cue file cues up all the bin files to be burned onto the cd. word.
    also, bin/cues show up as nero burnables. just double click that cue file once nero is all installed...

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

my doom III is 3 bins and 3 cues.

virtual drive

mount

install

actually unique functioning CD Key Gen that uses some algorythm to create the CD-Key.

Cracked .exe

4. 26SidedCube

Alright, so this is what I'm looking at:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kickasspogostick/doom31.jpg'>
    The main folder (I'll bet you'd never have guessed)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kickasspogostick/doom32.jpg'>
    Inside CD1

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kickasspogostick/doom33.jpg'>
    This is inside the highlighted rar file above. It doesn't list the cue file, but it decompresses one. So...

Each bin/cue combo is in it's/their own winRar
    (.tar) file. I'm going to decompress all of
    these for each CD and then burn them to a
    disc? Do I have to keep them in any certain
    order or will it take care of itself?

I can't just burn 'CD1' to a disc and expect it to work, correct?

Downloading Nero right now...

Glik.. you need to relax on the teck talk. My cat threatened to bark at me if I read another sentence pertaining to computers containing the word 'algorhythm'. I don't even own a cat.

5. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

yes. extract them to seperate folders. bins/cues for cd1, cd2, etc. then nero that shit. expect it to work. nero picks up on bins and cues and it actually loves them. it had a long relationship with one of them, and was planning on marriage until the midget came along. that's a story for another time, though.

what glik is talking about will work, but i figured you wanted the easiest non-techy way to do it.

gliko did mention a crack, and i'm guessing the guy(s) who ripped that game knew what they were doing and included one.

if ya need any more help, i'll be around 12 oz for another hour or so.

6. 26SidedCube

Swell.

I'm going to do the cigarette run and come back and try this out. If I need any help I won't hesitate to expand on contractual platforms.

Thanks man-g.

7. 26SidedCube

Quick question before I start on my way...

See all those .r30, .r31, .sfv, etc files near the bottom? Should I put those on the disc also (I'm assuming so)?

Obviously I don't need the top-left file.

Abracadabara, bitches.

8. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i'm having a similair problem, i downloaded an .iso of a program, mounted it, and there's no install file.

how big was the file you downloaded?

9. 26SidedCube

1.71g of unadulterated bootleg.

They don't cut this shit, I know the guy.

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

iso's are for cd's. burn that shit. as for the .ro1 etc...those are extracted by a main zip..like, a .cab file. if you don't know what those are, don't worry about it, the bin/cue will take care of it...just unzip/unrar the files that have .zip .rar on that back end, find the cue file, burn.

11. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

anyone?

12. 26SidedCube

You need to check your Reeves drive for leaking 1s and 0s.

In other news.. I'm going to wait until morning to try to run all this shit. Sleep time.

Thanks everyone.

13. Pinup

Pinup Senior Member

26, I hope the game sucks you into the screen so you get shot.

14. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

dibs on his computer if that does happen

15. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

dibs on your face if you die so i can pull a hannibal