Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

commuter/freight collision in LA

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by seeking, Jan 26, 2005.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

2. B.anthracis

B.anthracis Member

3. KiLL Or DiE

KiLL Or DiE Senior Member

Sumthing bout a guy in a SUV tried to commit suicide by parking his shit on the railroad tracks, but changed his mind at the last fuken minute, jumped out of the SUV leaving it on the tracks, and watched the whole wreck..He was injured but survived...On the conference press right now they said he'll be chraged with MURDER !....
    Thats fuken sad...... :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :( :(

4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

horrible...this is the only reason i dont want to become a rail worker,i know i would end up being in one of these trains..and somehow i would get caught in someone elses fate.

5. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

damn that is sick....

6. poppy183

poppy183 Senior Member

^^ Big Why Write? comin' through first with the flix. He reports, you decide. haha

7. The Leader

The Leader Senior Member

I was talking to a friend, he said there's 11 dead and this accidently was actually a suicide attempt. I'll look further into it and report back when I'm not this drunk.

8. Kirby p

Kirby p Senior Member

i hope dude's ass is so stretched in prison that he can't hold his shit in.
    vato you from compton son! you gotta SUV! live that life!

9. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

yes 11 dead is the number.While i was on my way to work the other morning.I saw cops racing down the freeway and streets of Pasadena to get to the the accident.All because some idiot wanted to commit suicide then changed his mind and ran off..

10. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

That was really fucked up. That guy is a fucking asshole, straight up. Then again, I saw the news report during my lunch break, and caught myself wondering if there would be any graf visible in the footage of the freight train, so I guess I'm sort of an asshole myself.

11. nocomply

nocomply Member

why didnt he just stick his head on the rails

12. AvoidsoutH

AvoidsoutH Junior Member

:burn: well said.. those pictures are raw.. tragic

13. KiLL Or DiE

KiLL Or DiE Senior Member

FUKEN SAD !!!!

LOS ANGELES (Feb. 4) - He wasn't known to the public, but his message left a lasting impression in many minds.

His bleeding body trapped under debris after a train wreck last week, John Phipps scrawled a message to his wife and children in his own blood on an upended seat: "I (heart symbol) my kids. I (heart symbol) Leslie.''

Rescuers managed to pull Phipps from the wreck, and he came forward Thursday to talk about what he believed would be his last moments alive.

"I got up, went to work, survived and got to tell my wife and kids what I thought would be my last words,'' Phipps said at a news conference, flanked by about a dozen firefighters who took part in the train rescue.

Phipps sustained injuries to his head and groin and had internal bleeding in the Jan. 26 crash that killed 11 people and injured 200.

Phipps said he was called to work early that day at an aerospace plant in Burbank, so he went in on a train he normally wouldn't take. He sat upstairs in the double-deck train, went to sleep and remembers waking up and feeling mist falling on his face.

The 44-year-old looked around, saw broken bits of train and knew something was wrong.

When he touched the back of his head, his hands were covered with blood. He called out for help, but no one answered right away.

He tried to lift his head but couldn't. His whole body was trapped under debris. As he waited, he sang "Why Me Lord?''

Reaching out, he felt a chair and saw his bloody handprint. That was when he decided to write his message.

Heart-Touching Message

"I don't know why I did it. I didn't think they would see it,'' said Phipps, on crutches and wearing a Los Angeles Fire Department hat and shirt.

Firefighters say it was easy to understand why Phipps thought he was going to die. Capt. Robert Rosario, the first to reach Phipps and the message, said Phipps was bleeding from below the waist and complained of pain in his legs, back and ribs.

"I've seen some gruesome things on this job,'' said Rosario, who called Phipps lucky considering two of the people who died were only feet from him. "But that moved me. My only thoughts at that point was I have to get this seat to his wife and kids.''

The seat has been kept as evidence and will be used at Alvarez's trial, officials said.

After he was removed from the wreckage, he was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center. Hospital officials did not release his name at his request, even though they received about 100 calls from the public and media inquiring about him.

The Los Angeles Fire Department received about 700 calls from people concerned about Phipps' well-being.

Phipps has three children, a daughter Shara, 22, and two sons, Jeremy, 19, and Josh, 15, all of whom attended the news conference.

Leslie Phipps said she doesn't remember how she first learned about the message, but a nurse gave the family a photo that appeared in the paper. "Hallmark is never going to top that,'' she said. "It's moving, it's thoughtful and it's chilling all at the same time.''

Asked what he thought about the man who allegedly caused the wreck by parking his car on the tracks in an apparent suicide attempt, Phipps said he told his kids: "There isn't a thing on this planet to give up your life for.''