communicating with the universe

metallix

this message will be propagated all over the world in a matter of minutes. all your information is digitized and relayed through hundreDs of servers scattered across the world. this decentralized system serves as a massive data collection grid. there is onE massive computer deep underground compromising a data core.

this is fiction aND FANTASTY. COPYRIGHT©2004 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

someone told me this last night...you know how there are a few fiber optic cables streteched across the atlantic ocean? ok, whales like to rub theirselves on the bottom of the ocean since it's all soft and shit...they also masturbate this way...sometimes, they fuck with the big fiber optic cables...and sometimes that causes probs with the internet...so, next time there's a huge problem with the net, just think, "gosh, maybe some whale was getting itself off and broke the internet"

Originally posted by casekonly

someone told me this last night...you know how there are a few fiber optic cables streteched across the atlantic ocean? ok, whales like to rub theirselves on the bottom of the ocean since it's all soft and shit...they also masturbate this way...sometimes, they fuck with the big fiber optic cables...and sometimes that causes probs with the internet...so, next time there's a huge problem with the net, just think, "gosh, maybe some whale was getting itself off and broke the internet"

Thanks. Ill probably be telling this awesome story this weeking over beers

or what? hold on..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Crimsøn

That was the same one in goldeneye right?

Yep. In "Contact" as well.

Where did you hear this at? I kind of think that would electrecute the whale. But then it would have to light up the whole ocean.

hahahah ROFL

nice :D

Originally posted by Seldoon

what is it?

It was built to fund the SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) program. I think it started in the 1970's or 1980's. Can't remember It's basically one big satellite dish (world's biggest) with the dish itself built into the earth. They basically shoot out large radio waves and signals towards other stars and galaxies in hopes to receive some type of message back from any possible alien intelligent life-forms. The catch is that these galaxies that they send them to takes thousands of light years to reach, so if we were to get a response it wouldn't happen in our lifetime.

They should send them to nearby stars where it would only take a few years to reach. Not sure if they already did, but from what I read they've only beamed it out to large galaxies and nebulae thousands of light years away.

And they probably use it for other things as well, but I know SETI was the original/primary purpose.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Nah, SETI came way after the Telescope was built (it was inagurated in '63, SETI was '84). It's been used for dozens and dozens of different projects, mostly dealing with ionospheric readings (what it was built for), but at the present it's major focus is SETI.

*I thought it was the primary focus, but turns out it's not. There's only about 20 days worth of research each year dedicated to SETI... but it' still the most important dish they got.

Stuff.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Nah, SETI came way after the Telescope was built (it was inagurated in '63, SETI was '84). It's been used for dozens and dozens of different projects, mostly dealing with ionospheric readings (what it was built for), but at the present it's major focus is SETI.

Stuff.

Thanks for the correction. I half-wrong/half-right. Wrong about SETI being the original purpose, right about it being the current primary focus. :crazy:

Archived