Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

commercial, underground

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sneak, Jun 27, 2002.

1. sneak

sneak Guest

i keep hearing all this shit bout ow bands are shit cos they aint "underground". i wanna say that its all bolloks.

i think that it doesnt matter at all. put it this way: ur fav band/group are originally underground. but then the hype builds. are they now shit due to having fans? i doubt it. also, if they r commercial, then they r likely to get $$ which they can use to make more music...hopefully stuff which made u like them in the first place.

i hope u all get me

sorry for talkin such shit recently, no im not tryin to turn in to tease (joke0, im at work experience which involves me sitting here on 12 0z all day, goin to the pub at lunch and sittin on 12oz more while i sit next to the free vending machines. and as its only 11.30, i think its to early to go to the pub

2. 455

455 Guest

well,here you go,if people claim they are "underground" music listeners and they have or have heard their(the artist/artists) music then they aren't "underground",are they?....especially if the artist isn't from where you are from....get me?

3. sneak

sneak Guest

not really, but ill pretend i do

4. 455

455 Guest

well,fuck.......I guess that will have to do......mainly in part because I am extremely faded at the moment.......and I had to listen to Godfather Don again....sorry,bro.I'm wasted.

5. sneak

sneak Guest

hahaha, no worries

does this:love2: look like the face of sum1 who cares?

my girl just walked in

6. 455

455 Guest

yeah....^^^^that is the point I was trying get across.....but didn't word it right.....

7. When

When 12oz Loyalist

free vending machines? say what!

8. 455

455 Guest

Godfather Don is the man.....also.....ox......Kaer from AOM gave my man a tape a few years ago that is so fucking sick........I don't if I would consider it "underground" though.....

9. sneak

sneak Guest

dont worry...its just sooo good ahahaha..and its free i tells ya

and on a greater plus side, i just found out that im actually goin to have to do sum work....but wait..just been asked if i want to interview one of my idols..fatboyslim! yessssssssssssss

10. 455

455 Guest

yeah,I was just joking.......that AOM tape is underground....never sold anywhere.......it is a black tape with a sticker for cover(it didn't come with a tape case).....Army Of Minds(Authors Of Madness)....my man Shaman was good friends with them and I got one when I visited P-Town...I don't know if you listen to hip-hop or not but you should hear that shit....."Boxcar Junkies" is one of sickest songs I've heard in a long time.......it was completed in '99 and '00.try and find one.

11. Daddy_Screw

Daddy_Screw Guest

wicked post, i tend to think the reason the mainstream is so shit is because the genres haves been watered down so much (thats why we get hogwash like Limp Bizkit-hip hop an rock.wtf?) so that they appeal to broader audience, the motive for this being profit.So, yah, cash does rule everything around you.
    I agree with the with the whole brainwashing deal.fuckin zombies everywhere

12. catwash

catwash Guest

where are you doing your work experience?! I hesitate to let our work experience kids make the coffee... fuck letting them interview!

13. sneak

sneak Guest

im doin it at a magazine in the burbs of london. if this is what work is like, i cant fuckin w8 till i get a "proper job"

14. space

space Member

what separates the underground from the mainstream is the quality... what's put out in the mainstream is to sell records, and make money, that's it. those 5 songs you hear every hour on the radio, all that is paid for; they don't rely on skill or talent, they rely on marketing and promoting. what's great about the underground is that you can find acts that are willing to share their music for the sake of music and not money. they don't have to whore themselves to a record company and become greedy motherfuckers cuz that's not the point.

15. Stapler

Stapler Guest

What i want to know is that if tommorow the whole COMMERCIAL SHIT FUCKED UP and not one band that was commercial before got any major dollars and it was split up evenly somehow between bands. WOULD THEY STILL PLAY THERE MUSIC. I think the reason UNDERGROUND is so good it that people can do it to live by or they do it for fun, mostly fun because unless you are good you dont make money. But when they hit the COMMERCIAL stage are they still doing it to live? MOSTLY NO THEY ARE TRYING TO HIT THAT RICH STAGE AND WILL SELL TO ANY TEENYBOOPER AND HER OR HIS FRIEND. That is why alot of commercial music sucks people arent putting there soel into it. To make music good to the ears it isnt just the lyrics or beats, BUT THE BAND OR ARTISTS NEED TO WANT IT TO SOUND GOOD.
    Just my two cents while i am bored as hell after completing 3 hours of homework.