commercial, underground

Guest sneak

Guest sneak

i keep hearing all this shit bout ow bands are shit cos they aint "underground". i wanna say that its all bolloks.

i think that it doesnt matter at all. put it this way: ur fav band/group are originally underground. but then the hype builds. are they now shit due to having fans? i doubt it. also, if they r commercial, then they r likely to get $$ which they can use to make more music...hopefully stuff which made u like them in the first place.

i hope u all get me

sorry for talkin such shit recently, no im not tryin to turn in to tease (joke0, im at work experience which involves me sitting here on 12 0z all day, goin to the pub at lunch and sittin on 12oz more while i sit next to the free vending machines. and as its only 11.30, i think its to early to go to the pub

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well,here you go,if people claim they are "underground" music listeners and they have or have heard their(the artist/artists) music then they aren't "underground",are they?....especially if the artist isn't from where you are from....get me?

well,fuck.......I guess that will have to do......mainly in part because I am extremely faded at the moment.......and I had to listen to Godfather Don again....sorry,bro.I'm wasted.

Godfather Don is the man.....also.....ox......Kaer from AOM gave my man a tape a few years ago that is so fucking sick........I don't if I would consider it "underground" though.....

Guest sneak
Originally posted by WhenOne

free vending machines? say what!

dont worry...its just sooo good ahahaha..and its free i tells ya

and on a greater plus side, i just found out that im actually goin to have to do sum work....but wait..just been asked if i want to interview one of my idols..fatboyslim! yessssssssssssss

yeah,I was just joking.......that AOM tape is underground....never sold anywhere.......it is a black tape with a sticker for cover(it didn't come with a tape case).....Army Of Minds(Authors Of Madness)....my man Shaman was good friends with them and I got one when I visited P-Town...I don't know if you listen to hip-hop or not but you should hear that shit....."Boxcar Junkies" is one of sickest songs I've heard in a long time.......it was completed in '99 and '00.try and find one.

Guest Daddy_Screw
Originally posted by ..oX..

i think you totally missed the point of underground and why people disrespect commercial music and stay underground.

underground is, in a way, totally defying, dissing, etc. whatever the masses choose, whatever's popular, no matter what it is, because humans are more or less inherintly evil and/or ignorant/lazy, so what the majority of people like is probably going to be some bullshit brainwashed into them.

most of what the structure of world is based on, in my opinion, is brainwashing, people who've "evolved" to a point that they figured out how to use people's ignorance to control them teach the not-so-fortunate people to memorize lies and do what they're told.

so um yeah thats like the whole reason some people arent all about commercial music.

of course i agree that people clowning commercial without having thought about why, besides to keep their underground image, is wack.

wicked post, i tend to think the reason the mainstream is so shit is because the genres haves been watered down so much (thats why we get hogwash like Limp Bizkit-hip hop an rock.wtf?) so that they appeal to broader audience, the motive for this being profit.So, yah, cash does rule everything around you.

I agree with the with the whole brainwashing deal.fuckin zombies everywhere

Guest catwash
Originally posted by sneak

i just found out that im actually goin to have to do sum work....but wait..just been asked if i want to interview one of my idols..fatboyslim! yessssssssssssss

where are you doing your work experience?! I hesitate to let our work experience kids make the coffee... fuck letting them interview!

Guest sneak

im doin it at a magazine in the burbs of london. if this is what work is like, i cant fuckin w8 till i get a "proper job"

what separates the underground from the mainstream is the quality... what's put out in the mainstream is to sell records, and make money, that's it. those 5 songs you hear every hour on the radio, all that is paid for; they don't rely on skill or talent, they rely on marketing and promoting. what's great about the underground is that you can find acts that are willing to share their music for the sake of music and not money. they don't have to whore themselves to a record company and become greedy motherfuckers cuz that's not the point.

Guest Stapler

What i want to know is that if tommorow the whole COMMERCIAL SHIT FUCKED UP and not one band that was commercial before got any major dollars and it was split up evenly somehow between bands. WOULD THEY STILL PLAY THERE MUSIC. I think the reason UNDERGROUND is so good it that people can do it to live by or they do it for fun, mostly fun because unless you are good you dont make money. But when they hit the COMMERCIAL stage are they still doing it to live? MOSTLY NO THEY ARE TRYING TO HIT THAT RICH STAGE AND WILL SELL TO ANY TEENYBOOPER AND HER OR HIS FRIEND. That is why alot of commercial music sucks people arent putting there soel into it. To make music good to the ears it isnt just the lyrics or beats, BUT THE BAND OR ARTISTS NEED TO WANT IT TO SOUND GOOD.

Just my two cents while i am bored as hell after completing 3 hours of homework.

Fuck all this underground/commercial shit. the topic is tired. TIRED. Who honestly gives a fuck if you're underground or not? Just fucking listen to whatever you enjoy and shut your damn mouth, I mean spread a good word about what you listen to but dont be like "IM UNDERGROUND MAN I LISTEN TO SOME ANTICON WHAT YOU LIKE JAY-Z? HE GOT NO SKILL" type bullshit. And sayin' folks in the commercial industry not having skills or styles, that's very very wrong. I'm not going to sit here and say who I think posess mic skills in the industry, but I'll let you find out for yourselves. I found a lot of shit that's commercial to be more enjoyable than the latest underground hero. Whatever the fuck.

I think the lack of talent and skill can apply to some people in the alternative/rock commercial industry, such as Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and Linkin Park. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of talented artists and shit. Staind is pretty ill, but they got Aaron singing about how his pops disowned him too much.

Originally posted by space

what separates the underground from the mainstream is the quality...

yup..

underground sounds like a dirty ass basement demo and mainstream sounds like top notch studio quality, most of the time. there are plenty of artists in the mainstream putting out quality product. it's kinds funny that the artists do it for the sake of money. it makes sense? why the hell would someone put in so much work for free? that's kinda like saying "I work for Prudential, but I don't get paid. I do it all for the the fact that I enjoy taking phone calls and dealing with angry customers.".

Why do you think Sage Francis gets mad when people bootleg his shit? Because he's not going to make money from it! Why do you think Sole dissed all the FTPs and napster for distributing his shit? Because he's not going to make money from it!

Originally posted by doomfarmer

fuck it dude listen to what you want i used to be die hard underground....then one day i was like fuck it..

that's exactly what happened with me...

I was listening to Sole on my discman then it hit me...WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?

I went and started listening to whatever was bangin' and interesting to me.

The new Non Phixion is bangin'.

Guest THEdude

yes dudes

just listen to what you like.

But in my case there's no one in mainstream I like, So I listen to underground mostly.

besides most commercial music has nothing good to say except for what people want to hear, which is drugs sex and violence, I don't need that. Some underground since they don't have to listen to their labels, because they don't have record labels telling them what to do just do their own thing.

I also used to say rock was wack, mainly because of friends and trying to keep an image, but now I've found some rock music I like.....

so in other words whatever.

listen to what you like.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

yup..

underground sounds like a dirty ass basement demo and mainstream sounds like top notch studio quality, most of the time. there are plenty of artists in the mainstream putting out quality product. it's kinds funny that the artists do it for the sake of money. it makes sense? why the hell would someone put in so much work for free? that's kinda like saying "I work for Prudential, but I don't get paid. I do it all for the the fact that I enjoy taking phone calls and dealing with angry customers.".

Why do you think Sage Francis gets mad when people bootleg his shit? Because he's not going to make money from it! Why do you think Sole dissed all the FTPs and napster for distributing his shit? Because he's not going to make money from it!

thats what i tried to say. welll done, have a cookie

Archived