Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

COMMEMORATING THE LIFE OF THE LEGENDARY "BIG L"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ethreadzny2, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Ethreadzny2

Ethreadzny2 Veteran Member

2. Ethreadzny2

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 16

S.O.B.'s & Flamboyant Entertainment presents:

COMMEMORATING THE LIFE OF THE LEGENDARY "BIG L"

SPECIAL GUESTS:
    DITC, Grand Puba, Black Rob, Herb McGruff, Pharoah Monch, DJ Premier,
    Kid Capri, Freddie Foxxx, Large Professor, Wordsworth, El Da Sensei, Kurrupt Money,
    More to be announced...
    Doors: 7:00pm
    Shows: 8:00pm

Admission
    $22 Advance , $30 Day of

The night of the event alll proceeds will go to the Big L Estates.. Please get your tickets in advance.. Trying to pay admission the night of event will not be guaranteed... Trust Me..

Big L
    Genre: Lyrical, Hardcore Rap/Hip-Hop, Underground Rap/Hip-Hop, Rap/Hip-Hop,
    East Coast Rap/Hip-Hop

Hometown: Harlem, NY, US. One of the fiercest emcees to ever grip a mic, Harlem's Big L got his start in Three The Hard Way before hooking up with Lord Finesse in the early 1990s. He spit ill rhymes on Showbiz & A.G.'s classic 1992 debut Runaway Slave before dropping his own LP Lifestyles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous three years later. Blessed with a unique voice and advanced writing skills, L captured the essence of street life with a singular flair that most rappers only dream of. Tired of sheisty label issues, he created Flamboyant Records and, in 1998, released the blazing single "Ebonics." Also a full-fledged member of the Diggin' In The Crates crew, Big L was on the track to well-deserved hip-hop superstardom when he was shot to death in February of 1999. His long-awaited sophomore album The Big Picture was released in the summer of 2000.

3. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

i dont understand why theyre giving the event money to his estates when he died in 99. i mean, did they not have enough money to bury him or something?

4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

the don corleone of rap...
    i represent harlem world not melrose place.

5. Ethreadzny2

my guess is it is either for the family, or a excuse to have a show to honor him..

6. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

thats fucking ill..i wish i could come through

7. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

One of my fav's for sure.I'd love to go!

8. 00

00 Junior Member

that show seems a little overdue.........some one told me he got shot in the face 9 times. is that true?

9. Ethreadzny2

Rap star, "Ebonics", "Da Graveyard", shot nine times in the face and chest near his home, real name: Lamont Coleman

10. fatlaces

fatlaces Member

11. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

Most of that line-up sounds pretty ridiculous.
    I guess shit like that only happens in NYC..

12. Can you sign my book???

Can you sign my book??? Member

They had a DITC reunion/Big L memorial not to long after he died, at tramps...I have a live Cd of it....It came in two series, one was with OC and someone, and Show and Ag on the other....Anyone a fan of Ditc should look out for it, but i havent seen it in years...I honestly feel that if Big L hadnt been cut down at that time, he would have went on to be one of the best ever, commercially speaking too...I have a freestyle with him and Jay-Z from like maybe even before Reasonable Doubt, and he was rapping circles around him...Everyone from Children of the Corn blew up, and they all suck compared to him....Anyways BIG L REST IN PEACE

13. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

big l is too fucking ill...every line he wrote was like whoaa

14. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

big ups to Big L,true legand

15. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

damn thats a nasty ass lineup.Premier? i would go if i could.

"i got more dimes than that sprint lady"