Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

COMIC BOOK/VIDEO GAME STORES

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Theo Huxtable., Apr 7, 2006.

1. Theo Huxtable.

Theo Huxtable. 12oz Loyalist

ANYONE NOTICE MOM&POP COMIC BOOK AND VIDEO GAME STORES ALWAYS HAS A FAT NERD IN HIS EARLY 30'S, USUALLY WHITE, BEHIND THE COUNTER? KINDA LIKE THAT FAT NERD ON THE SIMPSONS THAT WORKS AT THE COMIC BOOK STORE. I WAS AT SOME MOM&POP VIDEO GAME STORE AND SOME FAT NERD BEHIND THE COUNTER WAS GETTING INTO HEATED DEBATES WITH KIDS HALF HIS AGE ABOUT WHAT CONTROLLERS ARE BETTER OR WHAT GAMES ARE BETTER AND HOW MANY SCROLLS YOU NEED TO DEFEAT THE GOBLIN ON LEVEL 13 OR WHATEVER.

ALSO, THESE FAT NERDS IN THEIR EARLY 30'S GENERALLY HAVE A BIG GULP DRINK NEXT TO THEM WITH A STRAW IN IT (NEVER IN A CAN). AND THEIR T-SHIRTS ALWAYS HAVE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS FROM ANIME, STAR WARS, VIDEO GAMES, AND SO ON.

2. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Yeah, there's a pretty cool fat kid who works at my LCS. Last time I saw him, he was on the bus wearing a sweatshirt with the Green Lantern logo on it. And I was reading the latest Batman trade I had picked up.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

whoa, ya don't think that the fat comic book guy on the simpsons is a stereotyped character taken from the witty pages of everyday life?

4. Theo Huxtable.

YES, I DO MR. ABC. WHICH IS WHY IT'S FUNNY AS HELL. EVERYTIME I GO INTO A COMIC BOOK OR VIDEO GAME STORE THERE'S ALWAYS SOME NERDY FANATIC THAT RESEMBLES HIM.

5. Obvious

Obvious Banned

yeah i notice that too. there's a spot called dark horse comics at universal citywalk with a couple guys like this

thing is, if you're not "nerdy enough" they tend to look down on you.

6. AyeBee

AyeBee Veteran Member

I wish I could be nerdy as those guys..I guess laughin at people for not knowin everythin about Star Wars is their way of makin up for gettin their asses kicked in high school

7. Obvious

Obvious Banned

i swear man, they really do look down on you. i get the cold shoulder when i walk into eb games (fat nerds don't work at the chain stores as often; just nerds) just because i don't get into long conversations about megabits and graphic processors and final fantasy storylines and all that hoopla. if i buy a game they just get the game, give me the receipt without saying anything and give me cold looks. a nerdier guy buys it and the employees are all polite and cordial and excited about the game being bought.

8. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

weak crackuh.

lol..funny name

9. Theo Huxtable.

10. Avancier2

Avancier2 Senior Member

Yea. Those dudes probably never get laid. But if they are the one who owns the spot, then they are better off than the fat nerdy dudes who dont and work for the guy who does. At least they are their own boss.

11. MARRERO BEAST

MARRERO BEAST Member

12. MARRERO BEAST

MARRERO BEAST Member

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

The comic book shop that I go to weekly has two girls that work there regularly and one girl that works there every once in a while. No guys. There's no mom and pop video game stores around here but all the ones I go to have normal looking guys in their twenties and they're usually up for talking about current games with anyone. Except one place that was open for a while in Harvard Square that was a window shop with vintage games, the guy working there was definitly a fat guy in his 30's who was a real dick.

14. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

And btw, I'm not fat or in my thirties.

15. asdjk1

asdjk1 Member

did anyone see the basketball episode of the office. dwight had one of those face masks and a shirt that said anime expo haha