Comedy Centrals Graffiti Format

johnny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i saw a jack in the box commercial once, where it showed jack in east la wearing a throw back with pieced up freeway i beams in the back ground and lowrider cars.

at least the comedy central shit is decent.

that shit they have on spike tv where that fool pops up and tags the corner of the screen is cool except the handstyle is gay.

and remember toonami? they had straight bubble letters that were decent enough that my friend took a side name toom and used the letters off it.

95% of graffiti style shit i see on products is horrible but you know some fool got paid scratch for doing it.

Originally posted by old*824

and remember toonami? they had straight bubble letters that were decent enough that my friend took a side name toom and used the letters off it.

Your friend is a lame ass.

I noticed that shit too, I think its pretty good though. Good design, movement, & color.

Spike TVs shit is just stupid, a log and a stencil that says Spike tv...woohoo.

Guest uncle-boy

yeah i noticed that shit a lot now

spike tv has a dude spray stenciling the logo on the bottom of the screen

a mcdonalds commercial has a graff character following two girls around the city as well as computer generated peices on the walls

even a sketchers add has a bunch of monkey kids in front of some production

get paid

anyone else seen that nike commercial with the stencils?

it's all around the wall of a basketball court

and the stencils are animated to give this huge

story starring Vince Cater. The animators actually

took the time to illustrate the overspray on a new stencil

which made it work for me.

and trust this coming from a guy who works in errr... 'where art meets marketing' (I dunno)

Clients will like the real styles but go for what they already know.

There was a billboard add with a full piece on it and I swear it looked

like they pulled it from SubwayArt. Stock tips and all. Soccer Moms

probably thought it looked 'cool' but ever writer I who saw it probably

though... 'at least rip off something half decent and modern'

Guest ctrl+alt+del

maybe they are trying to appeal to a new audience, entice the urban fans of dave chappelle into watching other shows like the last word with colin whats his name, or the daily show, or whatever.

it doesnt matter.

clever marketing means money.

there cashing in on some trendy design. its visually appealing, and urban raw at the same time (or at least thats what its goin for) theyll ride high on it like a trend, and most likely like kilo said drop it like a hot potato. Ive seen more and more laid over animated graffiti hip hop shit on tv, and design vids...its gettin used sooooo much.

shit about the nike stencil ads...what about the fucking nike ad that was a billboard with a few throws on it?? for a nike shoe!? anyone see that?

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

maybe they are trying to appeal to a new audience, entice the urban fans of dave chappelle into watching other shows like the last word with colin whats his name, or the daily show, or whatever.

it doesnt matter.

clever marketing means money.

u said it brother

Judging by the look of the animation, I'd say its very well done and put together. But I think what your missing is that it probally just wasn't any schmoe off the street who put it together and tried make it look like graffiti, it was probally a design team, who most likely used to be writers. There's one of the ads (i only get comedy central, cartoon network and animal planet on my TV, so I've seen it alot) where it really quickly pans and there's a flash of a character, I'll bet that character would help decipher who's behind it. Or maybe not. I just think it's cool, gives hope to people who want to make it in the design world without compromising they're style.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

my friend is not a lame ass at all. in fact hes got crazy styles that are original and we are talking 97. tell me how 8 by 15 foot throws makes you a lame ass...filled in at that.

he retired to do a strike on his record.

Originally posted by Crimsøn

Your friend is a lame ass.

i'm pretty sure all of the new comedy central stuff is being done by funny garbage...a design agency started by reas and a couple others..i know reas worked on the crank yankers show designing puppets and stuff...i think graphic havoc was doing some of the comedy central stuff too, which also has some graf writers doing the design work...

the nike campaign was done by a company in philly called eneone...hmmm..supposedly these cats are claiming a graf backround as well but while i was living in philly i had never seen anything done by anyone named "ene" ..their illustration work is sick but everytime i think of the name i laugh.. :D ..just because i've had other experiences in philly with people borrowing my shit...

also..nike had dalek do his space monkey's for a presto campaign...and back in 95 they had Jav FC do a campaign with FC style lettering and some pretty dope characters

as a graphic designer, alot of clients actually do request that "graffiti" style...usually those clients are the ones i try to steer in another direction...

i've used my handstyle on certian things where it wasn't requested like http://www.pmdhitsquad.com and i got some tags runnin on the garbage pail kids site ( http://www.garbagepailkidsworld.com ) but when that band taking back sunday came at me like "we want a tag for a logo" i dissed it..i hate projects like that because i don't feel like i've put in enough work in graf to get money outta it... but if reas and them wanna rock that style and get that money then they deserve it... lol..i still got like moral issues and shit..haha

Guest im not witty

what the fuck does a fashioncore band with better hair than the cast of sex in the city want a "TAG" logo for? i mean that band has made mad loot already i dont think its necessary for them to cash in on graffiti culture. they are such homos but i do kinda like some of their shit.

different strokes.

Guest im not witty

hahaha, so why doesnt mr girlsjeans whip up his own fucking logo?

whatever, i talk so much shit about those guys but i really do like some of their songs. its too bad, because its incredibly easy to bash them.

yeah..i dunno...one of my friends is the new bassist in that band and he told the other doods in it about my company...they were on some "we want some graffiti" shit and i guess he knew i wrote...i ended up letting my partner do the project and he gave them something else which was not graf but they were still happy...

i still never listened to their stuff...does it sound like the new raekwon album?

Archived