color schemes for fr8s

taper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yellow cars like RBOXes used to give me a pain in the ass because my favorite forcefields were yellow and white, which don't pop in that situation. And I don't care much for dark fills with white outlines and a dark forcefield (unless Geso did them). So some kind of purple or blue outer works best for me against yellow. I'm big on complementary color schemes and high contrast. I keep coming back to the 4-way complementary scheme involving blue, purple, yellow, and orange. A typical piece of mine has a mix of blue and purple fill with white highlights, black outline/3D with orange in the 3Ds, yellow outer.

The most interesting vertical fill fade I've come up with lately is AA moss green--> Rusto avocado--> antique white, possibly curdling at the bottom into sand or nutmeg. Not so much on a yellow car, just in general.

I haven't done a RBOX panel in ages, now that I think about it. If it's an e2e with a couple people I'll just take the door, I'd rather paint on a black background.

Possibly the most riveting forcefield/background pair I've ever seen is indian spice or autumn gold on a dark blue car (CSX, GVSR, etc.).

Im color blind so its real hard to come up with good color scemes. Cause to me, light green and grey look the same, and brown looks like dark red, and dark green. So some of my other color perceptions are a little messed. So when i paint i just try to get 2 colors that contrast for fill/ outline.. And any details are usually random colors i throw in.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Im color blind so its real hard to come up with good color scemes. Cause to me, light green and grey look the same, and brown looks like dark red, and dark green. So some of my other color perceptions are a little messed. So when i paint i just try to get 2 colors that contrast for fill/ outline.. And any details are usually random colors i throw in.

interesting...heres one i thought up myself white fill black outline with a white forcefield

Guest rolldafukout

well since im such a big fan of railboxes i usually like to outline with regal red on any piece, use some berry pink, harbor, mediterareerean=] and white highlight and whatever border is bright, silver works too!

Guest defyone

all i gotta say interms of forcefields.... Painters Touch BERRY PINK, i hate Painters Touch but i fucking love this can.... its amazing

My favorite freight fill colors are:

Painters Touch Spa Blue

Painters Touch Berry Pink

Rusto Adobe

American Accents Canyon Black

Rusto White

Painters Touch Country Blue

Am Acc Indian Spice

Am Acc Autumn Gold

Rusto Mediterranean Teal

Rusto yellow metal primer!!!!!

Black works to outline pretty much anything. Some crazy border color, like bright yellow or teal green looks good. I also like doing midtone fills, like Am Acc grape, outlining with white, and bordering with black. It looks kind of odd, so it stands out. Teal Blue krylon is fresh.

I wish they made more ugly yellows and light greens.

Guest professor poopatronic

on a serious note, why do people feel the need to outline with black on every single piece they do? and it'll probably have a white inline too. this pisses the hell out of me. people seem to have the mentality that messing around with different color schemes is "wrong". my favorite color to outline with is yellow.

Guest me IS cool

Me, personally I never know what colors I'm going to use because I simply don't know what boxcars are available to me. I try to carry a wide available color scheme but ehh.. go figure.:D

Archived