1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

color schemes for fr8s

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by taper, Jan 2, 2002.

1. taper

taper 12oz Elite Member

color schemes for fr8s

Discussion started by taper - Jan 2, 2002

on rail boxes i like to use purples tans browns or black and white. what do you guys think about others....

taper - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Jan Ulrich

Jan Ulrich Guest

Jan Ulrich - Replied Jan 2, 2002

stick to hot pink and you'll be fine.

3. CROW RA

CROW RA 12oz Senior Member

CROW RA - Replied Jan 2, 2002

:crazy: what ever is in my bag.....:idea:

CROW RA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Jan 2, 2002

Yellow cars like RBOXes used to give me a pain in the ass because my favorite forcefields were yellow and white, which don't pop in that situation. And I don't care much for dark fills with white outlines and a dark forcefield (unless Geso did them). So some kind of purple or blue outer works best for me against yellow. I'm big on complementary color schemes and high contrast. I keep coming back to the 4-way complementary scheme involving blue, purple, yellow, and orange. A typical piece of mine has a mix of blue and purple fill with white highlights, black outline/3D with orange in the 3Ds, yellow outer.
    The most interesting vertical fill fade I've come up with lately is AA moss green--> Rusto avocado--> antique white, possibly curdling at the bottom into sand or nutmeg. Not so much on a yellow car, just in general.
    I haven't done a RBOX panel in ages, now that I think about it. If it's an e2e with a couple people I'll just take the door, I'd rather paint on a black background.
    Possibly the most riveting forcefield/background pair I've ever seen is indian spice or autumn gold on a dark blue car (CSX, GVSR, etc.).

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  5. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Jan 2, 2002

My dream piecing car would be a flat, freshpaint purple reefer...:eek: :eek:

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Jan 2, 2002

Im color blind so its real hard to come up with good color scemes. Cause to me, light green and grey look the same, and brown looks like dark red, and dark green. So some of my other color perceptions are a little messed. So when i paint i just try to get 2 colors that contrast for fill/ outline.. And any details are usually random colors i throw in.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  7. nocomply

nocomply 12oz Member

nocomply - Replied Jan 2, 2002

interesting...heres one i thought up myself white fill black outline with a white forcefield

nocomply - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. EL MASKO

EL MASKO 12oz Elite Member

EL MASKO - Replied Jan 3, 2002

On RBOX's? I'd use black fill, white outline, spa blue forcefield & highlights. Dark on light works very well.

EL MASKO - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 12oz Member

SeYnO9 - Replied Jan 4, 2002

I STick with teal nomatter what!

SeYnO9 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. TEE_rase_war

TEE_rase_war 12oz Senior Member

TEE_rase_war - Replied Jan 4, 2002

i like greens of any sort...yellows....sort of a swampy effect:D

TEE_rase_war - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. rolldafukout

rolldafukout Guest

rolldafukout - Replied Jan 4, 2002

well since im such a big fan of railboxes i usually like to outline with regal red on any piece, use some berry pink, harbor, mediterareerean=] and white highlight and whatever border is bright, silver works too!

12. visualJAZZ

visualJAZZ 12oz Member

visualJAZZ - Replied Jan 5, 2002

deep purple or is it dark purple from krylon, great on rboxes for your forcefield, gotta play with the color wheel when picking your scemes. Mediteranian is also a primo color. one of my all time favorites.

visualJAZZ - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. dukeofyork

dukeofyork 12oz Senior Member

dukeofyork - Replied Jan 6, 2002

using lighter and darker shades of one color, flat black for 3d or drop shadow, and berry pink, orange, sunburst yellow, or harbor blue for forcefield color...
    somethin like that.....

dukeofyork - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. professor poopatronic - Replied Jan 7, 2002

silver fill, white outline
    flat black fill, gloss black outline, flat black highlights/border

15. mopius

mopius Guest

mopius - Replied Jan 7, 2002

krylon sun yellow fill, krylon pumpkin orange outline, emerald green inline, krylon purple sheild....................