Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

colon calls it quits

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dick Quickwood, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

WASHINGTON (Aug. 4) - Secretary of State Colin Powell and his top deputy have told the White House they will not serve a second term if President Bush is re-elected, The Washington Post reported.

Citing ``sources familiar with the conversation,'' the paper said in a story for Monday's editions that Powell deputy Richard L. Armitage recently told national security adviser Condoleezza Rice that he and Powell will leave on Jan. 21, 2005, the day after the next presidential inauguration.

The Post said Powell has indicated to associates that a promise to his wife, rather than any policy disagreements with others in the administration, is a key factor in his intention to serve only one term.

Administration officials with possible knowledge of Powell's plans could not be reached Sunday evening, but it has been widely anticipated that he would serve only one term.

That would follow the pattern of recent administrations. Only George Shultz under President Reagan has served more than one term in recent decades. He took office midway through Reagan's first term and then stayed on for the second.

Powell was widely touted as a potential Republican presidential candidate after retiring from the Army as chief of staff during the Clinton administration, but announced he would not run even as polls indicated he had overwhelming popularity with American voters.

Although never publicly confirmed, it was widely reported at the time that Powell was bowing to the wishes of his wife that he not be a candidate.

Powell, who turned 66 in April, has consistently declined to respond to speculation about how long he planned to head the State Department, but has made clear that he has many interests beyond government service, specifically a commitment to improving education opportunities for black Americans.

``I serve at the pleasure of the president,'' he said last month. ``That's the only answer I've ever given to that question, no matter what form it comes in.''

2. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

in 5th grade i did a report on this guy, hes one pimp ass individual, hes a genius. that would be so cool, if he ran for presidency id vote for him.

3. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

4. space base

space base Senior Member

I thought this was gonna be about Arcel catching some type of colon disease..............damn.

5. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

ahahahahah

6. $360

$360 Elite Member

carefull man thats no joke!

7. $360

$360 Elite Member

oh man if bush gets re-elected im going to have to kill myself

[​IMG]

8. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

if bush gets re-elected ima have to kill him :lol: :lol:

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

10. type R

type R Senior Member

and then come the balloons...hell.

11. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i think he's scared for his life if he runs for president..he aint no densel washington...but he is a government dog.
    other than that...in the eye of the public, he's a good guy..i believe i caught him telling a lie when reporter asked him if he knew the whereabouts of bin laden

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

colon powells just as corrupt as the rest of them.
    his son is head of the fcc (i believe) and had some big part in the time warner-aol merger, that made him alone, millions and millions of dollars.
    its all nepotism and favors. fuck everything.
    vote for McCain, atleast he's honest about hating gooks.

13. iced_tea

iced_tea Member

yea. i thought it was gonna be about his colon callin it quits and him shittin himself in a public place. im quite disappointed.

14. king kong

king kong Banned

^^^ha ha me too, i thought it was gonna be pictures of a colon

15. mr_president

mr_president Banned