College

Xeroshoes

So I have two days to decide whether I want to go to University of Michigan - Ann Arbor or Cornell University next year, and I am completely torn. When I visited Michigan, I found the atmosphere much more appealing than at Cornell, but it was sunny in Ann Arbor and raining in Ithaca, and Michigan had a much better program to welcome admits. Basically, I'm torn between what seems logical and what my impressions were when I visited them; that is, I feel inclined towards Michigan but the more I think about Cornell, the more logical it seems that I should go there, based on academics, prestige, and what I have read about life there. If anyone here has any relevant information it would be greatly appreciated, as would any relevant spiel regarding following my gut feelings.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MICHIGAN!! For sure.. Im a local there and I have to say that I love it.. There are always good times in Ann Arbor.. You can also catch a couple writers that are good people.. literally a couple.. like 2..

Plus you are 20 minutes away from the most dangerous city in america..

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

dude, you're looking at all the wrong factors. academics? pssshhhh. weather? who gives a fuck. the most important factor in choosing your educational institution is one thing and one thing only: pussy

/end transmission

ah, don't think I didn't pay attention to that. I had some time to kill at Michigan so I sat and watched students for about an hour, and the hot girl to non-hot girl ratio came out to about 1 to 5. At Cornell the girls seemed to be on average better looking, but I did not conduct a thorough study. I actually stayed overnight at Cornell, and the girls who my host introduced me to belied the conception I had formed just watching people walking around (there were lots of hot girls walking around campus). I dunno, I can't really gauge the pussy factor that accurately at either place.

go with the place where you liked the atmosphere, because in my opinion (thought i havent gone to college yet, but my friend that just went says this is true and i find it incredibly true in life in general) thats whats going to affect your work the most. if you dont like where you are, you're probably not going to get as much done, regardless of the academic prestige, etc. of the place. go with michigan. but for shits sake dont take 12oz advice too seriously. but do. but dont.

but do.

but...

observe the student body (you have already) and try to picture yourself among them. would i enjoy being surrounded by these people? i personally hated nearly every single person i made "friends" with at my old university.

having to wake up every day to be surrounded by everything you hate, personified, takes a huge toll on your morale.

ugh. i get disgusted thinking about em. a bunch of wannabes i tell ya.

Originally posted by DR+DELUSION

observe the student body (you have already) and try to picture yourself among them. would i enjoy being surrounded by these people?

Yeah it seems that a lot of people at Cornell are there just because it's in the ivy league...otherwise the schools have similar student bodys in a lot of ways, Michigan has a large portion of Michigan residents, while Cornell has a lot of New York residents (it's part public university) and the rest of the students are from all over. I could picture myself better at Michigan, but it still seems illogical because I didn't particularly like the people I met there more than people at Cornell.

ohh lordy. The crew and I were supposed to stay a weekend at Cornell last year but wound up getting the boot from the city of Ithaca at 4 am saturday morning.

Things that occurred that night

-Getting incredibly drunk off a bottle of Ketelone.

-Dumping shit onto people from the sixth story apartment we were in

-Destroying two frat houses

-Waching my boy get so drunk that he took off his shirt and started break dancing on this disgusting frat house dance floor

-Me getting so drunk that i went to join him on the whole breakin' boogaloo scene while totally neglecting the fact that i had a cast on my forearm.

-Standing in a circle with friends while dumping the entire contents of an Icehouse 30 pack onto the living room rug of one frat house because our dress apparently wasn't up to par for one of the brothers.

-Getting the cops called on us because two 40 year old asian women said we sexually molested them in the laundry room of an apartment complex. (not guilty ya'll gots ta feel me.)

-And the finale was seeing the son of a Vice-Prez at J.P. Morgan Chase shoot up in between his toes and then passing out into a pile of his own cigarrette butts.

The kids up there are fuckin gross bro. The whole night all the cornell kids at the parties were all fuckin snorting lines and shooting up in the bathrooms and in corners and shit. All rich snobs who do nothing but get fucked up with dad's money. Stay in Michigan. Cornell is famous for suicides too.

On a lighter note when i was up there for an athletic tournament freshman year, we ate in two of their cafeterias which were amazing.

Their fuckin desserts were sick...i'm talkin krispy kremes, fuckin warm cookies and apple turnovers.

All their shit was cooked to order. The best was the fresh fruit though. They had these fuckin immense pieces of pineapple that i straight scarfed down. They were fresh pina's too....not the canned bully.

Michigan's one of the biggest 'party schools'

in the country. Riots and all. Sadly they're

mostly frat parties and whatnot, but there's

plenty of alcoholic sluts there. And if you

come thgough spitting some 'I'm from such

and such a place that's not in Michigan' girls

will be on your jock because the majority of

people in Michigan schools are boring, liberal,

sensative, indie rock homos. Not to say there

aren't cool cats there, but as far as somewhere

you could actually step in and pull mad ass

with minimal stature... Michigan's where it's

at. Cornell is like Wall Street and shit, you'd

better bring your professional alpha male A-game

and bigtime connects to score the top-notch

na-na snacks.

seeing as how my experience with those two schools is the graduates i've met and stories about how easy it is to sneak onto campus and find places to sleep, michigan is way better.

but then again, i've never been to either, so whatever.

*edit-"top-notch na-na snacks." :lol:

Archived