college?

OrangeDot

who here is going to college?

who here isnt?

who went and left?

what are you doing now?

at this rate.. im on the 6 year plan.. 2 years of fucking around here isnt cool.. and im STILL barely passing.. i thought about leaving but i dont think i can handle being a quitter.. i'll finish even if i finish somewhere else. the best part is i still dont know what im going to do with my major anyway, so whatever... im going to customize cars all summer, which is going to be nice, new city and new people, maybe new love interest.. who knows..

whats your current situation?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

this is my 1st year.

doing okay... 80+'s in some classes, 60's in the two I don't like.

Having fun, but living at home to save expences. I really regret not moving onto res for the first year, even if it cost me. College is not all about education.. it's also about a life experience & having a good time. I'm missing out on part of that.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

umm....in...then kicked out....in....then kicked out...got notice that they would like me to NOT come back....fought to get back in.....doing ok this semester....car got broken into...lost most of my work.....fuck it....

yeah my college hates me too.. left once, next time i cant come back.. blah blah blah.. my car got robbed too.. then keyed like a week later.. bastards.. at least your girls cute, if it was the one on the subway you posted.. thats gotta be a plus.

Guest willy.wonka

im either gonna go for a career in graphic arts or im gonna get a little bit of skills and work on submarine computers.which is easy shit..good paying and little skill needed.

that or i'll go for a fireman job

Guest FlamingHobo

shit... college is good..but it's all about accepting responsibility...you have to want to be "successful"...im getting my AA but its really all that i need...computer animation rocks like that...i finish in may and it feels good...

Originally posted by FlamingHobo

shit... college is good..but it's all about accepting responsibility...you have to want to be "successful"...im getting my AA but its really all that i need...computer animation rocks like that...i finish in may and it feels good...

isnt that a 2 year? im sorry im not that cool with college shit.. i know tha tmy bachelors is going to take about a zillion years and i have about 60 credits after 3 years.. not bad. but not good.. failing 2 maybe 3 classes this semester.. better not.. but its looking that way.. i hate classes based entirely on midterm/final.

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by non-hetero

Are you talking about building/coding submarine computers??? OR getting a job in the military upkeeping / working on submarine computers.

I hope neither, if you say it's so easy.

no its a state job..if i take a class in computer tech..i could go on base from time to time with the local guys and take jobs from painting sub/naval ship walls to fixing thier computers, to operating the crane(which they say is the best paying job)

$30 an hour..no bad..its a union job.

6 years is pretty good. i'm on some 10+ year shit.

my story.

started at a community college, transferred to 4 year college, partied way to much, back to community college. jump state, go back to school w/ new major, go to school part time, work full time. decide that what i was going to school for (engineering) was not what i wanted to do for the rest of my life. start to take random classes to find a direction to go in. decide what direction i want to go in (industrial design), jump state. so now i am hoping to go to my 4th school to get a few credits starting next semester before i transfer to my 5th school and earn my degree.

i may be taking the long road, but i have no regrets and know i will come out with the ability to do something i will enjoy for the rest of my years.

Originally posted by BabyPuncher

yeah my college hates me too.. left once, next time i cant come back.. blah blah blah.. my car got robbed too.. then keyed like a week later.. bastards.. at least your girls cute, if it was the one on the subway you posted.. thats gotta be a plus.

yes. technically, if i fuck up again, i dont think i can get back in. not full time at least. which is what i need to get covered under my parents medical insurance and shit. and i think my parents will probably kick me out or make me get a full time job and pay rent. fuck.

*oh...and yeah, that was my girl. rare that i should find one who hates people as much as me and wants to have sex with me all the time. that and she punched some guy in the face last week and broke his nose.........................yeah. shes a keeper.

MASTERS!! FUCK YEAH DUDE..

i dont feel bad.. i mean, i felt like a big time fuck up, im only BARELY a junior here, and its probably not going to last.. i'll probably get shipped off somewhere else.. i hope to finish here.. but eh.. what can i do. i need to get into a more compfortable postition though, maybe some community college to get better grades, or classes i enjoy vs the shit i have to take.. on a side note, for some reason im really digging pop music right now, not like pop rock, but this is the first time i've had the radio on and it didnt make me want to shoot myself in the head..

oh yeah.. and tyler.. good job man.. if your girl will punch some dude.. thats ON.. my girl right now is soo tired.. i need new love intrests. but i wont leave her cuz she's my security in this crazy fucking place. stupid huh?

i dunno if shits different here, but im at 6th form college for (sholud be) 2 years in total. then once the a levels are done.....well ill cross that bridge wen i get to it

Originally posted by Grandola

i'm going to a community college ... i'm not taking any of the basics bullshit, i'm just going for air conditioning and refrigeration... good job - better pay.

my girlfriend's friends do this.. have their own company and shit.. they say they love global warming.. they have big days where they shoot off cans of aerosol hair spray all day.. *(kidding)*

but for real he drives a few nice ass cars, and gets new ones every year.

yeah I went to Kettering University for a year...its a really small private engineering school thats 83% males and kisses the big 3s' asses

transerfed to University of Michigan to go into marketing they only took like 1/3 of my credits so it looks like I'll be on some 5 to 6 year plan...

I went and WAS doing Graphic Design but switched it up to business and fine art.........it's cool,at least I'm making money selling canvas' so that works.....fuck it.

Archived