college grads

mr.yuck

I have some jobs set up that will pay me 52k a year. Is it worth it to go through 4 years of college to maybe make 30k with the hopes that you will advance in your position or should I go with what I know and follow my personal plan that I know will work? I don't see myself going anywhere in college, not because I cant do the work but because I dont see the relevance in the work, just to the fact that I am stuborn and see my plan as working for me. This has always been the worst thing against me. My hard headedness. What I am doing right now I see as a waste of time. Any kind of shit talking or re affirmation would be great.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mr.yuck

or should I go with what I know and follow my personal plan that I know will work?

ooh, I misunderstood, I didn't realize you were talking about the 52k job. I think you should do the 52k job, you can always do college later. Or organize your college schedule around your 52k job and just take a couple classes.

The people at my college are not socialable, thats why I write graffiti. No but really, socializing is not the point of college, the point of college is learning or getting a degree, if you have time after that, socializing can be fun and benificial. I think for mr yuck, if you have a 52k dollar job it might be best to put off college, I'm in my last quarter of a 4 year degree now and nobody is offering me 50k plus jobs, and after a few years of college they brainwash you into taking more college, so off to law school it is. But in reality, a 4 year degree today is like the equivalent of a highschool education in the generation before us, that said, it might be best to take the job while you're thinking about college and if you do decide later on to go, you can always use the money you made to pay for it. 52k seems like a lot now, especially with the economy, but not having a degree can hurt your chances of getting promotions etc... I hope that helps, I'm pretty sure it doesnt...

Thank you and good day...

PS. If you think 4 semesters of Spanish is hard try 4 semesters of Arabic...

i went to a local community college for a few years, i recently got my A.A. i am now attending a local university working to attain a B.A. in education. i have a PT job as a teachers assistant making $13.00 an hour.

a friend of mine is still in a 2 year college working towards his A.A. and he just got a job making 35k. he does both full time but just goes to school 4 nights a week. i need a job paying me like that!

take the job, but go to school. it never hurts to be situated to advance in a career, or for a plan B.

There's more to a college education than just money

But if you're not down for it, then you're not down for it. You gotta want to be educated for it to work for you. If you can make 52k doing something you enjoy, why not do that for a while, BANK THE MONEY, and see if a few years of that doesn't tune you in to the college channel.

I HATED high school. I told myself "Fuck college. I'm never setting foot in a fucking school again as long as I live. I'm going to make it in this world MY way."

Ha ha. That didn't last too long.

Re: There's more to a college education than just money

Originally posted by KaBar2

I HATED high school. I told myself "Fuck college. I'm never setting foot in a fucking school again as long as I live. I'm going to make it in this world MY way."

I'm not doing it so much for the money as I am just for the sake of being more knowledgable and beefing up my intelligence. That and the fact my college has an UNBELIEVABLE hottie asian chickie student body. Down the road at Berkeley they're all fucking mutts.

Re: There's more to a college education than just money

Originally posted by KaBar2

But if you're not down for it, then you're not down for it. You gotta want to be educated for it to work for you. If you can make 52k doing something you enjoy, why not do that for a while, BANK THE MONEY, and see if a few years of that doesn't tune you in to the college channel.

do you mind me asking some details about the route you took to finish i.e- how old you were when you started how old you were when you finished and what your doing now? how much you make a year etc