Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

College Educated and Unemployed

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by metallix, Jun 2, 2004.

1. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Let me just say going to college.
    Does NOT guarantee you a job anywhere.
    It's incredibly difficult even getting a $5.15/hr mcdonalds job.
    Nobody wants to take you for the shit jobs, because they prefer the mexicans or 15 yr olds. Instead of the college educated person...

As for the other jobs, well there are none..

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

those places don't want to hire you because they know as soon as you find a 'real' job...you're outta there.

you could always get one of those 'temp' jobs in the meantime.

good luck.

3. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

im in this boat, it fucking sucks

4. im not witty

im not witty Guest

i got a degree. didnt do shit with it. worked in a warehouse huffin boxes for the last 4 or 5 months. just got fired yesterday. hahah. getting fired is awesome. fuck all this, im going back to school. then ill figure out how/where to work in another 3 years. cause for now i got nothing.

5. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

6. Fuck Ya'll

Fuck Ya'll Member

Welcome to America.

7. Nutonce

Nutonce Member

8. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

what degrees do we have?

9. I've got about 18° to the right, with finger grips.

10. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

it's about 76 in the shade here.

11. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

I was talking to a girl the other day who graduated from college. She seemed very intelligent and she got some kind of prestigious degree; I don't remember the name. But her job was showing people apartments. Not a landlord, not a real estate agent, or even a property manager. She was just like a secretary that tried to talk people into moving in. The job didn't fit what she worked hard in school for. Now I'm kinda worried if I get out of college if that degree will mean anything.

When my parents were growing up, they said it was common for people to just get out with a high school diploma and still live the "American dream" -- A steady well-paying job, a house with a lawn, a wife (that didn't have to work), a car, 2 kids, and a pet. Nowadays you got motherfuckers getting out with Master degrees in Quantum Physics and working a job at K-Mart and a second job driving taxi's , and the wife is working 2 jobs, one as a bus driver and the other watching the loud-ass kids at the day care center... and still struggling to make ends meet in their 1 bedroom apartment. It's sad...

12. TheoHuxtable

13. TheoHuxtable

No I start in the Fall semester.

14. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

Didn't your school offer any job placement programs? My school does, I know of a bunch of people that got big money jobs and living the good life.....Do you just have a basic college degree?

15. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

hmm

my college career services kicked ass, i currently have a B.S. in business administration.

my first job out of college was 50K starting salary with a 3K bonus every quarter and stock options.

i got laid off from that and found another job through a head hunter 2 months later. i'm still here now.

the program i'm about to start in the fall has almost 100% job placement upon graduation. these are very important stats to look at when you are applying to schools.