1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

collection agencies

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by oneeightyone, Aug 11, 2004.

1. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

collection agencies

Discussion started by oneeightyone - Aug 11, 2004

come on now i know some of you mofuggas have had some kind of collection agency after your ass.

here's my deal, i dont know if you guys remember my thread about those shysty ass motherfucking cell phone company charging me 5 something...well today i come to the nice info that in fact they didnt charge me complete, i have a balance owed of around 1200.00, now, financially at the moment i cant deal with that shit, so what happens when they write it off and it goes to collection?

anybody?

somebody?

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw 12oz Member

Daddy Screw - Replied Aug 11, 2004

$1200 phone bill? Where the hell did you call, mars?

Daddy Screw - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. alure

alure Dirty Dozen Crew

alure - Replied Aug 11, 2004

fucks up your credit..and you have to pay more to cover the cost of the collection agency ..you pay them and they pay the company that you owe money too..so its always more..

i got a few fucking movie places like blockbuster trying to catch my ass..haha

alure - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Aug 11, 2004

d: blackmetal is finally starting to show up in the music
    d: instead of just the vocals
    k: awesome! and exciting!
    d: WOO

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. fatbastard

fatbastard 12oz Elite Member

fatbastard - Replied Aug 11, 2004

I remember my sisters friend was staying with her and she rented a whole bunch of new releases and forgot to return them...we went on vacation shortly after she left when we came back we found them returned them and found out our family account had $250.00 owing on it... after 6 months of not paying they sent us a letter saying they were going to report us and it would be on our permanent record

the video store turned into a baskin and robbins about 2 months later. woooooohooo!

fatbastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

THE CORONER - Replied Aug 11, 2004

yeah for a while there me and ALL my friends were running from these mofos
    it was fun
    why do all good things hafta come to an end

THE CORONER - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  7. mr.yuck

mr.yuck 12oz Veteran Member

mr.yuck - Replied Aug 11, 2004

Nah. Credit companies buy up the bad debt for less than what it is from the cell phone company. The cell phone company is then happy that they at least got some of their money back. Now the credit company will call you up and try to get you to pay the full amount of what you owed to the phone company. That way, they get to make a profit themselves. Now if you wait it out and tell them to eat shit and die, the debt will get passed from collection agency to collection agency. The other alternative is when no one will buy up your debt and the final collection agency is stuck with you, they will call you up one day and say hey we have this great plan worked out but you have to send us the money today and it will usually be for what they bought the debt for just so they can get their money back.

Last option is they take you to court. Nobody wants to go that far because it is a lot more expensive that way for the collection agency.

Hope that helps.

mr.yuck - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Aug 11, 2004

IRS takes my taxes...
    Cut me a break Bush... ;)

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Aug 11, 2004

thats what i am wondering, did you call someone then just set the phone down and leave it on for like 2 months and a year and mars

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

mikro137 - Replied Aug 11, 2004

hahahahhaha collection agencies.

anyway , when i had the ordeal i had with sprint , after my phone was turned off , the collection agency tried to get like 390 out of me. until i sternly told them that the could kiss my ass (my debt was 125$ and they tried to tell me that i owed for months i didnt even have the phone on) and they let me pay 125 and i went on my way.

11. SeYnO9

SeYnO9 12oz Member

SeYnO9 - Replied Aug 11, 2004

I owe some lawyer shit, i hope i do not catch bad credit.

SeYnO9 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: