Collecting 90's clothing, sneakers, etc...

zooyorkcity

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SPORTO@Mar 15 2005, 07:25 PM

I remembers 'Fresh Jive' clothing around '92 hav'n some nice

ultra bright shit - kinda like all that '80's revival bullshit going on nowdays

lol Fresh Jive.. Brings it back to the skating days.. I remember I had an olive green Fresh Jive hoody that my father somehow ended up with and rocks around the house nowadays..

Originally posted by paint junky@Mar 22 2005, 12:53 AM

zoo did you peep that japanese north face on ebay recently, the red and white one?

Yea.. seen that.. I know of someone that got the yellow/red one also.. But, personally, I ain't feelin that jacket. I am also not 100% sure if that is even a Japanese jacket or what the deal with it is...

hypercolor was the jawn for like 20 mins. starters were all the rage. remember ellese kicks. and those god awful tazmanian devil tee's all looking like a rican... cross colors. z cavaricci were mad homo. girbauds were heaters. we used to put 2 pairs on under our jeans and walk out, talking before we got put on to lizzie bags haha... banned from macy's steez untill you turn 18... good ol' days...

"eat my shorts"

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by paint junky@Mar 26 2005, 01:48 AM

and those god awful tazmanian devil tee's all looking like a rican...

are you talking about the bugs and taz kriss kross shirts where they were wearing their close backwards with their arms crossed looking hard?

I have this pair of jeans that are about 8 years old now, I fucking love them, and I'm still wearing them to this day, although they are nearing the end even after all of the patch work I've done it's getting hopeless. All the tags say 'moss' on them but I think they're mossimo. I bought them at a pacific sunwear store or something. I've been searching around the internet periodically over the years and again tonight with no luck still. If I had the means I would buy 10 pairs of these fucking things just so I'd never have to buy jeans again. I cut off the tags a while back so I could keep the RN, fabric, and cut numbers just in case. I usually don't sweat the clothing too much, but I've never wanted a specific piece of clothing so bad before.

Wow, 90's clothing. I tried to forget about early to mid 90's fashion for good, but here it is staring me in the face. What was I thinking? Hi-Tech boots were not a good idea. Orange jeans should never be mass produced ever again. Fishing vests and bucket hats are okay when you're fly fishing in Colorado, not for going out friday night. Sitting on cars while wearing Karl Kani jeans can cause serious bodily injury. Das EFX were not as good as I thought they were. What the fuck. It's cool to see some things, like Timberland Euro Hikers are still around though. I saw that Nautica still makes those multi-colored sailing jackets, I almost slapped myself for wearing one of those when I saw them last week. I like this thread. In ten, fifteen years from now, I'll probably be thinking "what the fuck?", when I look back at the shit I'm wearing now. Just another (fashion) victim.

Guest -40 trooper

it doesnt help that all the things you mentioned were wack even in the early 90s...orange pants? karl kani???? that shit was never fly...we're talking vintage ralph laurent garments...if you dont know..you'll never know

• 2 weeks later...

I still rock older Guess? and Girbaud gear....if I can find something decent....I remember when I skated Plan B had some HUGE jeans that were a rip-off of girbauds....the pockets are sick.whatever..haha.