Collateral

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

let me save you $5..

if any of you are thinking about renting this, don't. basically it licks the sweatiest nuts.

cruise is totally unbelievable and unconvincing as a bad ass. and jamie foxx isn't much better. and the soundtrack is completely wack with a hasty and weak storyline.

the funny thing is, as i was watching it i was thinking, wow, whoever directed

this garbage is doing a terrible bite of michael mann. the whole mix of a crazy story in

a huge nameless city with a ton of music interludes setting a mood. well it turns

out mann directed this too. did anybody find anything good about this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Besides being terribly predictable, I found it entertaining and well made. I definitely don't think it deserves all the praise it's gotten though.

Originally posted by gigan@Jan 12 2005, 06:11 PM

cruise tripping over the chair and the scene where he kills those 2 'thugs' are pretty much the only good things about the movie.

the tripping on the chair incident was something i watched with my roommate over and over, but the movie started to suck when jamie foxx picked up jada pinkett and she reveals that she is a prosecutor. ok, a prosecutor in LA that has to get around by taxi? anyone who is familiar with LA knows that no here takes taxis except for drunks. yeah right, and her dropping her number to him a fucking cabby? c'mon....

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Jan 12 2005, 10:42 PM

Besides being terribly predictable, I found it entertaining and well made. I definitely don't think it deserves all the praise it's gotten though.

this from the man who liked League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

which I havent actually seen.... but I will just because mamski liked it.

Originally posted by <KEY3>+Jan 13 2005, 10:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (<KEY3> - Jan 13 2005, 10:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Jan 12 2005, 10:42 PM

this from the man who liked League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

which I havent actually seen.... but I will just because mamski liked it.

[/b]

the whole jada story was bullshit. you couldnt half tell what was gonna happen there. i mean you dont put one of the main actors on i nthe 1st 5 minutes and then never see her again. the scene in the nightclub when tom cruise is wasting everybody is pretty cool.

Originally posted by fatlaces@Jan 13 2005, 04:15 PM

the whole jada story was bullshit. you couldnt half tell what was gonna happen there. i mean you dont put one of the main actors on i nthe 1st 5 minutes and then never see her again. the scene in the nightclub when tom cruise is wasting everybody is pretty cool.

I agree, the night club scene when hes taking on the guy's bodyguards is probably the best part of the whole movie. Hes taking all of them on and almost catches it, but he finds his way out. Hands down the best fight scene ive seen in a while.