collage?

dai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Smok

Almost seems like theirs a little too much of that green color, and not enough pictures. Maybe. Looks kinda cool though.

DEFINITELY add more pictures too much open space and that gold color collagesa re supposed to have a ton of pictureds overlapping or thats what i think not bad :D

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by sect one

collages are supposed to have a ton of pictures overlapping, or thats what i think

yes that's your opinion.

I'd say it's more about sellection and placement within the piece.

as for a criticism...

there seems to be a major divide across the lower third.

The mushroom is the only thing crossing the divide.

I think that if the bike tire crossed the gap on the other side,

then the piece would seem more united as a whole.

zesto "I want to teach art at an all girls school" don dapper.

Guest imported_Tesseract

After Photoshop i would say trying to do collages 'the old way' is kinda pointless...anyway, keep it up

Guest --zeSto--

^ what??

But there's this thing called... TEXTURE.

(i know you know this, I'm just a meany in this bench)

It works quite nicely on a collage.

But scanning the collage does kill it quickly.

IF IM NOT MISTAKEN....

IS THAT THE GREAT SALVADOR DALI PRESENT IN THE MIDST OF ALL THAT ARTISTIC CHAOS??? GOOD CHOICE, ONE OF MY FAVORITES... I DID A PIECE IN MEMORY OF HIM, INCLUDING ALOT OF EFFECTS AND CHARACTORS HE USED... LIKE HIS INFAMOUS ANTS & SOFT CLOCK, AND IN THE SHADOWS OF THE PIECE, LIKE DALI, I MADE A HIDDEN IMAGE, THE SHADOW LOOKED LIKE THE PIECE WAS FLOATING IN MID AIR, AND THE SHADOW BELOW IT IF YOU LOOKED AT IT UPSIDE DOWN, IT WAS DALI'S FACE, I WILL FIND PICS AND POST EM... PEACE

Guest BROWNer

eh....its not really here nor

there...i don't like it, but i don't

really dislike it.

collage is tough. i definitely

think its one of the best things

you can sit around thinking about and

trying to be good at. not too many

people are good at collage in my op.

keep it up though, anything different

from the reg blackbook exercise

is definitely worth persuing.

tesseractin'up...get out of here

you photoshop dweebster;)

hey, by the way, that curnoe

book i told you about has some

bangin' early career collage work.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Jesus christ...you make me sound like C3po....:)

Anyway, i agree with you....texture is texture and 'traditional' collage has its own beauty.

Just because i love talking about that ish, here's how i see it: I think that the history of collage and its own birth has to do with the rise of magazines, press in general...TIME magazine, national geographic, playboy and a shitload of others were (and still are) famous for dope photos printed in good quality...newspapers are also a good source for images hard to shoot on your own....murder shots/politician portraits etc etc etc....So at that time when typography evolved and high quality images could be printed the artists had a cheap and 'objective' access to material that was preety damn hard to gather by yourself...i have a dope photo of rauchenburg snooping on the photoarchives of a big ass newspaper...all those things lead to collage, in a way. The way i see it Photoshop is a 'collage' machine that produces in the same quality the original material is (perfect prints) i aint talking about effects and that ish here. That and the fact that you can score ANY type of image on internet these days makes photoshop the physical extension of collage.

Anyway, i wont front...real collage has abilities and restrictions worth fucking around with...i'm just lazy:)

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Tesseract

That and the fact that you can score ANY type of image on internet these days...

what is this "internet" of which you speak ?;)

Analog will one day bite digital in the butt.

Archived