"Coffe and Ciagarettes" film by Jim Jarmusch

GamblersGrin

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/coffee_a...ttes/large.html

an awesome film-maker. this movie is ass packed w/ stars. the scenes in the trailer w/ the deadly combo of the rza,gza, and bill murray look mighty entertaining. "daaamn, that dont sound too good bill murray." --rza oh yeah, not completely sure what the hell this movie is about and i dont know if it is watchable for longer than 5 minutes at a time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's a great movie. Like all Jarmush movies. Except his first one, although i forget the title. I went to see it at a cinema that does a 'Jarmush marathon', where they show his entire filmography in the space of 3 days. It makes you hate the world, if the point was to make you want to suffocate yourself in the cinema's chairs, it's spot on. Has anyone seen it ?

Back to Coffee and Cigarettes. Don't hesitate, it's really awesome.

Originally posted by MrChupacabra

edit to mention you spelled both coffee and cigarettes wrong in the title

yeah i noticed after. i do not indulge in either so it is ok i spelt them wrong? on another note, i had a conversation last nite about smoking cigarettes vs. smoking weed. i never smoked cigs but used to smoke weed all the time. anybody else do/did that?

Guest imported_Tesseract

Hands down my fav director...who remembers the previews Cofee&Cigarttes? Iggy pop&Lou Reed?

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Pinup

:lol:

also, don't sleep on ghost dog.

You mean Gosht dawgg right?;)

ghost dog, as in "i'm an overweight black man with a lazy eye and a heart condiotion, but i'm still a ninja" ghost dog?

bad, bad movie.

however, coffee and cigarettes looks awesome. i heard it was basically eight or nine short films and interactions that just played back to back, with no continuity at all. sounds kinda weird.

at least children won't be in the theatre.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by gfreshsushi

ghost dog, as in "i'm an overweight black man with a lazy eye and a heart condiotion, but i'm still a ninja" ghost dog?

bad, bad movie.

Dude, go shoot your face right in the face dude

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Would it be too shabby if i gave you my phone number now ?"

"Yeah. And i have to go."

"I'll pay then."

"Good."

a lot of good things in this movie i saw this weekend. i though i'd seen it ages ago as i said in my post, but i was actually confusing it with Smoke. which is also good.

Tom Waits and Iggy Pop rocked, Roberto Benigni as well... RZA and GZA and Bill Murray of course... hell. I liked it all.

• 4 months later...

Archived