CocoRosie

The Leader

So I like to torture myself by mentioning bands here that no one will be interested in. here it goes.

CocoRosie

8-8.jpg

article:

The only time I saw duo Coco Rosie was at Southpaw

when they opened for TV on the Radio. They were

practically booed off the stage. Near the end of their

set one of the Casady sisters said "Do we have time

for one more?" and the audience, in unison, shouted

"No!!!" Well, there you have it.

Coco Rosie certainly won't appeal to everyone, especially

if you're not into operatic vibrato. But these Touch and

Go siblings have their share of fans. Sounding like a

cross between Billie Holiday, Bjork and Joanna Newsom,

Coco Rosie's music is full of Parisian-inspired vocals,

delicate acoustic guitars, and fractured beats. If you like

songs with birds chirping in the background, these soulful

ladies are for you.

for a sample

click me and click the link next to "good friday"

Yes. I know you don't like it. I'm sorry that I wasted your time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

cocorosie is terrible. you'd think devendra's skill in writing would have rubbed off on her or some shit. san fran's trying to do some fucking folk revival shit. that's cool with me, but when you totally get pretentious with it and just try to be as gimmicky as you can (cocorosie) your music suffers.

i feel one track, good friday, but the lyrics are so fucking stupid that if i pay attention to them i gotta turn it off.

Just because they write music that is off the cuff doesn't mean they are pretentious. And I'm really not in the mood to go further on that, if you don't like someones music just say that, don't make a judgement on the persons character.

On a side note after looking at the bands on Touch and Go I have noticed I like every band I have heard that is signed to that label. I'm definately going on a Touch and Go streak in soulseek.

Originally posted by The Leader@Mar 22 2005, 05:40 PM

Just because they write music that is off the cuff doesn't mean they are pretentious. And I'm really not in the mood to go further on that, if you don't like someones music just say that, don't make a judgement on the persons character.

On a side note after looking at the bands on Touch and Go I have noticed I like every band I have heard that is signed to that label. I'm definately going on a Touch and Go streak in soulseek.

if someone's music doesn't reflect their personal character then they're not doing anything worthwhile

Originally posted by test pattern+Mar 22 2005, 03:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (test pattern - Mar 22 2005, 03:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-The Leader@Mar 22 2005, 05:40 PM

if someone's music doesn't reflect their personal character then they're not doing anything worthwhile

[/b]

Ok, so just because YOU think that they are doing it to be "out there" they are pretentious and gimmicky. Got it.

I haven't heard anything like them.. what other bands are out there that sound like them if they are part of this "sf folk revival" ????