Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

clothing, prints, etc. critique?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Sep 27, 2003.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i'd like someone to give me a critique on some of this stuff i'm selling on cafepress.com

i'd really appreciate honest input without one liners and the general stupid line that 12oz is known for.

here's the url

www.cafeshops.com/casek

2. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

I see a sweatshirt, hat, and spiral binder

weeeeee:spin:

3. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

unfortunately, i can't link the images here...

you'll have to click on them to get a larger view. i don't have a good image host currently, otherwise, i'd just post them here and let you guys peep it out...sorry, you gotta do a little mouse work.

4. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Ehh its pretty nice i wouldnt spend 30 bucks for a sweatshirt like that though.

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

nice design but I agree with subbum, it's too much for a plain grey hoodie.

the print cards and book look nice though

6. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

the print card is actually a 16 x 20 poster..

i really appreciate those comments...ok, so the hoodie is too much?
    i kind of thought so, too. it's hard making a profit with that shit, though...their base price is like $23.99 or $24.99, so for me to turn a profit, i have to jack it up a little. i'll wait to get some more opinions, and i might drop the hoodie from the line. maybe just stick with t's and whatnot.

what about the design on the hoodie? should i keep it around for other projects, or trash it, too?

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

the design is good but it might be too much of a hoodie.
    The thing is that you've got a nice and tight little bit of art,
    and it's just sitting square in the center of a dull hoodie.

As we all know from our vandalistic projects;
    location and application make the piece work.

I guess it just seems like that art is on a hoodie
    just because it can be, no because it should be or
    was originally designed to be there.

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

right on, kilo. maybe a little more work should be put into the concept of the hoodie instead of the concept of just the art being on the hoodie.
    that was such perfect reasoning that i will drop the hoodie. what about the trucker hat? do you guys think the logo should be improved upon?

9. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I think the logo works but it doesn't make me leap out of my seat. Maybe it's just me, but there is just an oversaturation of trucker hats these days. Once Ashton Cutcher, Krutcher, Fucknut ...I dunno and Kelly Osbourne started wearing them, i hung mine up. Bring back regular hats. It'd be cool on a beanie.

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

^ yeah... trucker hats are getting a bit played these days.
    but the design on the hat is nice and simple, so it works.

Glad you saw my point on the hoodie. It's kind of like putting
    a really nice sticker in the center of an unpainted canvas.

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

it did kind of seem like it was lacking...just kind of hanging there in the middle of the hoodie.

as for the syntax logo...beanies aren't offered, but i can have it put on a baseball cap, a regular hat, or a visor....or a thong...i know you can't wear that on your head...but they are offered. i'm considering doing a line for the ladies...

i added a new mini poster print. check it one time. i had it in my box of graphics to drop on a product. lemme know. i'll keep adding stuff over the next week. i've got a portfolio to work on, so it may be a little easier for me to drop some graphics onto the site and kind of multi-task.
    thanks again for the positive feedback...i think i can add this to my list of "what has 12oz doen for you"

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

it's all stuff i'd never really notice.

of course, i dont see the point in wearing clothes w/ logos on them unless they're especially cheap, or if you're advertising your homie or something.

13. beardo

beardo Guest

honestly, i think you might be diving in a little too soon. IMO the syntax logo is pretty weak, and the 3d rendering, while pretty cool, isnt really sucking me in saying 'buy me'

also, i cant seem to take cafepress seriously. it just seems so mass market to me. at most i can see having a goofy/trendy/spoof design up there for shits and giggles, not someone honestly trying to get their name out with any kind of command for respect.

i only say this cus ive seen you around here for quite a while and seen that you have some really good ideas going, i just dont want to see you start off on the half assed tip.

i feel like ive just been a dick, but i certainly dont mean it that way

14. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

gotcha. just trying to get some art out there. it's kind of hard not being able to have gallery shows anymore. i used to live in this great little college town where i could do such things, but not anymore. i'm about to go to work for this internet company in a pretty small town and get a job bartending at the local country club on the side. no place to display my works of art and get paid for it....gotta do what you gotta do.
    thanks for the input.

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

beardo, i don't see what you just said as being a dick at all, man. you're being honest and that's what i appreciate the most in people. the above post, or maybe not, if someone has posted before you see this, anyway, the post where i was talking about being in a small town,etc...yeah, that's my situation. i just thought i might be able to get some shit sold and kinda get my name out a little more than it has been....i've really been slacking...since i went to bartending school months back, i just kind of lost touch with the self promotion and now being in the small town doesn't help me any more.

i really do think what you said about cafepress being kind of for the "who farted?" hats and what not, but it's worth a shot to try and get some stuff sold. i guess i should send deviantart $25 and have them make high quality prints that i could actually sell....i dunno, i'm all kinds of loopy right now trying to get a portfolio in order, trying to figure out ways of sef-promotion, etc...
    thanks for the compliment, man.