CLint Eastwood vs Michael Moore

angelofdeath

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This man wasn't even working for Michael Moore when this happened. His only relation to Moore is that He has worked for Moore as a bodyguard in the past. And it doesn't sound like he's exclusively anyone's bodyguard from what I've read. Moore wasn't even there when it happened.

I heard this shit broadcast on national radio. It came across the wire as Michael Moore being arrested for having a gun in an airport. And that's what everyone was saying for a couple hours. At first I took into consideration that it might be true, because this guy must get regular death threats and might keep a pea shooter at his ankle. I was ready for the crucifixion to begin. They're just waiting to jump all over this guy, and in some of these stories I've read there is still suggestion that this incident is related to Moore himself.

Did you guys hear about one of Michael Moore's bodyguards getting arrested in an airport for being in possession of a handgun without a permit? You know how it is, when you're a bigshot national shit-starter, you get to have plenty of personal protection and fuck the rules. The "little people" aren't supposed to have any guns, but Michael Moore gets bodyguards armed with plenty. No paperwork, too.

Reminds me of the time Teddy Kennedy's bodyguards left a briefcase with a LOADED, UNREGISTERED 9mm UZI submachinegun ON THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE.

Like, Whoa. Gun control for who? Maybe his fellow senators ought to write a Federal gun law just pertaining to Senator Kennedy and his entourage, since they can't seem to obey the same Federal laws the rest of us have to obey.

And predictably, no charges were filed for this little faux pas. "To the manor born," I guess.

Originally posted by KaBar2@Jan 23 2005, 09:33 PM

Did you guys hear about one of Michael Moore's bodyguards getting arrested in an airport for being in possession of a handgun without a permit? You know how it is, when you're a bigshot national shit-starter, you get to have plenty of personal protection and fuck the rules. The "little people" aren't supposed to have any guns, but Michael Moore gets bodyguards armed with plenty. No paperwork, too.

Reminds me of the time Teddy Kennedy's bodyguards left a briefcase with a LOADED, UNREGISTERED 9mm UZI submachinegun ON THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE.

Like, Whoa. Gun control for who? Maybe his fellow senators ought to write a Federal gun law just pertaining to Senator Kennedy and his entourage, since they can't seem to obey the same Federal laws the rest of us have to obey.

And predictably, no charges were filed for this little faux pas. "To the manor born," I guess.

It was a bodyguard who at one time had worked for Moore, but was not working for Moore when he was arrested. Moore wasn't even there. And when you get death threats from hundreds of right-wing gun nuts and "Bushies", it's pretty reasonable to have a bodyguard with a gun. And he was registered to carry a gun in two states, but not in New York.

And Moore is also a member of the NRA and believes in the right to bare arms. So Kabar, stfu! stfu!

Edited for spelling.

as ive always said, liberals always deny being liberal. michael moore, you are correct is a member of the NRA. what you forgot to mention in typical Moore fashion, is he joined the NRA for one reason. he stated him self, he wanted to become the president of the organization to turn it into a gun control organization. to do so you, have to be a life member. so he took the first step then once he realized the rest of the process he said fuck it. so now he basically wasted 800 or so dollars. Moore DOES NOT BELIEVE WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!!!!! so now... STFU STFU!

haha, wow, you got us...now just becuase a bodyguard of a liberal was cuaght with a gun....all liberals must hide in shame becuase this incident clearly shows that a liberal celebrity has employed a bodyguard who was recently carrying a firearm in an airport! I guess now I will never believe anything Moore says, his credibility has been shattered.

Honestly though, I hate Moore, he is annoying and fat. I do agree with a lot of his ideas, but I don't especially like him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that Michael Moore has bodyguards with firearms, in fact, the more the better! I just want him to be honest about it. How is him having guys with guns to protect him ANY DIFFERENT than my wife and me wanting to carry firearms to protect ourselves? Is one any deader if you get killed by an assassin from the Confederate Hammerskins or the Ku Klux Klan than if you get murdered by some stupid asshole from a gang? Nope.

Mr. Moore has every right to hold his anti-gun opinions, but he should be honest enough to tell the truth---we live in a dangerous world and each and every one of us has the right to keep and bear arms to defend ourselves, our families, our property and the Nation.

Do you think if they were able to get Draconian confiscatory anti-gun laws passed that Charles Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Ted Kennedy, Michael "Million Dollar" Moore and all the rest of the anti-gun zealots would GIVE UP their armed bodyguards? FUCK NO they wouldn't. But WE would be out there among the predators with a nothing but a whistle and a can of pepper spray. Fuck THAT. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. The Establishment has armed security, and SO DO WE.

I have ZERO respect for Moore. Not only that, but his films suck, too.

It's interesting to me that a certain contingent of Bush supporters are more concerned with what Michael Moore (a filmmaker) is doing than they are with what the president is doing. There was a vigorous debate about the minutia of Farenheit 9-11 for months after it came out on this and other boards, yet there was almost no debate (from Bush's supporters) about the merits of going to war. Apparently some feel that a movie is more significant that a war that costs tens of thousands of lives, hundreds of billions of dollars, and countless "political capitol" around the globe.

Skewed priorities if I've ever seen it. SOUNDS TO ME IT WAS THE BODYGUARD'S OWN FAULT FOR BEING IDIOT.

Originally posted by fatalist@Jan 25 2005, 12:28 PM

It's interesting to me that a certain contingent of Bush supporters are more concerned with what Michael Moore (a filmmaker) is doing than they are with what the president is doing. There was a vigorous debate about the minutia of Farenheit 9-11 for months after it came out on this and other boards, yet there was almost no debate (from Bush's supporters) about the merits of going to war. Apparently some feel that a movie is more significant that a war that costs tens of thousands of lives, hundreds of billions of dollars, and countless "political capitol" around the globe.

Skewed priorities if I've ever seen it. SOUNDS TO ME IT WAS THE BODYGUARD'S OWN FAULT FOR BEING IDIOT.

Bush supporters probably keep themselves distracted in many areas of their life. How else could you support a man that preys on the fear of innocent people?

False reality.

And now, back to more articulate and imaginative comments about michael moore. Such as, "He's annoying!" and "He's fat!"