Clear cola wasn't bad enough; introducing Vanilla Coke

Poop Man Bob

:o

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSTopNews/coke_apr1-ap.html

ATLANTA (AP) -- Coca-Cola is reportedly developing a vanilla-flavored version of its flagship cola, extending the company's palette of flavorings from Cherry Coke and Diet Coke with lemon.

The nation's largest soft drink company has prepared sample packaging for the new drink, to be sold initially only in North America, according to Beverage Digest, which reported the pending introduction in its current issue. Coke officials declined to comment on the report.

"It is not yet an absolute certainty, but I think it's very likely that they'll launch a line extension of Coke Classic," Beverage Digest editor John Sicher said Monday. "It's become very clear in the last year or two that new products and innovation are an important component of marketing and drives growth."

Coca-Cola Classic remained the nation's top-selling soft drink last year, but analysts said Coke hopes to emulate the success of rival Pepsi-Cola Co., which has seen sales soar for Code Red, a version of its highly caffeinated Mountain Dew.

Adding vanilla to Coke will produce a different kind of buzz.

"I think they are excited about the prospect of adding some news to their flagship brand," said Marc Cohen, a beverage analyst with Goldman Sachs.

But don't expect to see a vanilla-flavored Pepsi anytime soon.

"It's not something we're looking at," said spokesman Larry Jabbonsky of Purchase, N.Y.-based Pepsi. "We think it's a bit vanilla."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

clear cola was a classic PR/Marketing blunder....basically what happened was that pepsi was so involved in the taste that it was all they thought about it...and people liked the taste, so pepsi went with it...the problem was is that it was a blind taste test...what pepsi forgot was to take into account was consumer behavior and how it would be applied to a cola that was clear, not a blind test...so what happened, people couldnt perceive cola as clear, clear was for sprite and 7up, not pepsi, regardless of how it tasted...so it bombed....badly....

i understand that coke needs to extend product lines....and i dig vanilla cream soda, AW ofcourse...but im sure coke is extremely sensitive to their own disaster of NEW coke a decade ago...does anyone remember that fiasco? when coke changed the formula and the public went bezerk, so the geniuses in the marketing war room, reintroduced "classic coke" with the classic recipe....

funny thing is, all that shit is just carbonated sugar water....

thanks for clearin that up, mental. :)

i swear consumers these days. they can't adjust to something that has been changed/altered. when they see something that looks the same all their life and then it changes, they feel uncomfortable and so on. kind of like the purple and green ketchups. that is dope.

*sigh* me and my nonsense.

back to microsoft excel.

Originally posted by DITDxCULT

I fucking love Vanilla coke!!

I used to get them at W.C. Fields and Denny's all the time. I just recently got one at Sonic.

word..vanilla coke is nothing new..

soda shops have been making that shit for a long time..

i also like amaretto coke..you can make both with torani syrup at home..

same with black/rasp/straw berry cokes..

Originally posted by swif1

well anyway, i don't really drink soda. the only time i drink it is when i eat something that is oily/greasey.

other than that, it's strictly water and tea :D

Dasani is the best tasting water!

they also have vanilla cole at steak and shake...mmm

aberfoyle springs water is better.

Originally posted by Are2

word..vanilla coke is nothing new..

soda shops have been making that shit for a long time..

yep, that's why i didn't understand the title to this thread. and to whoever posted that bottle of Jones, you know what's going on.

Archived