Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Clear cola wasn't bad enough; introducing Vanilla Coke

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Poop Man Bob, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

:eek:

http://www.canoe.ca/CNEWSTopNews/coke_apr1-ap.html

ATLANTA (AP) -- Coca-Cola is reportedly developing a vanilla-flavored version of its flagship cola, extending the company's palette of flavorings from Cherry Coke and Diet Coke with lemon.

The nation's largest soft drink company has prepared sample packaging for the new drink, to be sold initially only in North America, according to Beverage Digest, which reported the pending introduction in its current issue. Coke officials declined to comment on the report.

"It is not yet an absolute certainty, but I think it's very likely that they'll launch a line extension of Coke Classic," Beverage Digest editor John Sicher said Monday. "It's become very clear in the last year or two that new products and innovation are an important component of marketing and drives growth."

Coca-Cola Classic remained the nation's top-selling soft drink last year, but analysts said Coke hopes to emulate the success of rival Pepsi-Cola Co., which has seen sales soar for Code Red, a version of its highly caffeinated Mountain Dew.

Adding vanilla to Coke will produce a different kind of buzz.

"I think they are excited about the prospect of adding some news to their flagship brand," said Marc Cohen, a beverage analyst with Goldman Sachs.

But don't expect to see a vanilla-flavored Pepsi anytime soon.

"It's not something we're looking at," said spokesman Larry Jabbonsky of Purchase, N.Y.-based Pepsi. "We think it's a bit vanilla."

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

3. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

crystal pepsi was dope. it would be cheaper without having to add that caramel color correct?

4. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

clear cola was a classic PR/Marketing blunder....basically what happened was that pepsi was so involved in the taste that it was all they thought about it...and people liked the taste, so pepsi went with it...the problem was is that it was a blind taste test...what pepsi forgot was to take into account was consumer behavior and how it would be applied to a cola that was clear, not a blind test...so what happened, people couldnt perceive cola as clear, clear was for sprite and 7up, not pepsi, regardless of how it tasted...so it bombed....badly....

i understand that coke needs to extend product lines....and i dig vanilla cream soda, AW ofcourse...but im sure coke is extremely sensitive to their own disaster of NEW coke a decade ago...does anyone remember that fiasco? when coke changed the formula and the public went bezerk, so the geniuses in the marketing war room, reintroduced "classic coke" with the classic recipe....

funny thing is, all that shit is just carbonated sugar water....

5. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

thanks for clearin that up, mental. :)

i swear consumers these days. they can't adjust to something that has been changed/altered. when they see something that looks the same all their life and then it changes, they feel uncomfortable and so on. kind of like the purple and green ketchups. that is dope.

*sigh* me and my nonsense.

back to microsoft excel.

6. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

I fucking love Vanilla coke!!

I used to get them at W.C. Fields and Denny's all the time. I just recently got one at Sonic.

7. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

well anyway, i don't really drink soda. the only time i drink it is when i eat something that is oily/greasey.

other than that, it's strictly water and tea :D

Dasani is the best tasting water!

8. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

9. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Anytime I go to a diner(close to daily.) it's Black Coffee and a Vanilla Coke. I'm excited over this. Really.

10. Are2

Are2 Guest

word..vanilla coke is nothing new..

soda shops have been making that shit for a long time..
    i also like amaretto coke..you can make both with torani syrup at home..
    same with black/rasp/straw berry cokes..

11. dai

dai Senior Member

that lemon soda is shit...has anyone ever had choclate soda? never tryed it but i can already assume that taste like shit.

12. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

they also have vanilla cole at steak and shake...mmm

aberfoyle springs water is better.

13. sneak

sneak Guest

i think this saying sums it up: if it aint broke, dont fix it

14. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

[​IMG]
    by far the very best

15. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Man, whatever happened to just plain Coca-Cola??