City Of God

Weapon X

So I'm sorta sick today. But I can go see City Of God courtesy of my friend, or I can stay home and watch sports. Has anybody seen this movie? I've heard only from one person on it, and he said it was really good. If a bunch of people tell me it's good, I'mma go see it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So I ended up seeing the flick, and lemme tell you...

GO SEE IT! It's really, really, really good. My words cannot do it justice, and the trailer doesn't even come close to doing it justice. There is a lot of violence, and some of it is of the very disturbing variety. If you're expecting some Brazilian art film about chicks, you're wrong. It's a really good gangster movie with lots of guns and killing.

also, all that stuff like direction, camerawork, writing is off the charts, too.

that's right, Kilo - I forgot to mention the most important one. ;)

I've been wondering how they get some of the little kids to act the way they do in the movie. It's like more than half the actors are under 12, and they act like serious killers. You'll see what I mean when you watch the movie.

......................./´¯/)

....................,/¯..//

.................../....//

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

..........................'...../

..........''............._.·´

..........................(

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Weapon X

that's right, Kilo - I forgot to mention the most important one. ;)

I've been wondering how they get some of the little kids to act the way they do in the movie. It's like more than half the actors are under 12, and they act like serious killers. You'll see what I mean when you watch the movie.

I read an article, and what they did was have acting workshops for over 200 normal children in some town in Brazil.

Archived