1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Cingular Wireless

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by The Leader, May 20, 2005.

1. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

Cingular Wireless

Discussion started by The Leader - May 20, 2005

I got my bill in the mail today. Well, it might have arrived acouple days ago, I don't go out to my box too often because all I really get is junk mail.

Anyway, apparently I owe cingular wireless 400.00 american dollars because I went over my minutes. I apparently was signed up for 1000 nights and weekends and 250 minutes during the day. First off, I wouldn't have joined a plan that wasn't unlimited nights and weekends, but that's beside the point. I do not talk on my phone enough to go over BOTH nights and days. That's right, I went over my 1000 minutes by 500 minutes. 1500 minutes in one month? And this is only on nights and weekends? Are you retarded cingular? Do you seriously think I have that much to say about anything? I don't. Neither does anyone I know. I think I also went over by 300 in the day time. Which is amazing seeing as how I go to school from 630am-1245pm then I go to work from 2pm-10pm

Do you see anywhere in there where I can talk for 550 minutes? I fucking do not.

I've done absolutely nothing different this month from what I've done any other month.

Anyway, there is no fucking way I am paying cingular 400.00 dollars for this.

I mean, even if I did this shit, 400 dollars is rediculous. I'm so sick of wireless companies. I'm just going to get a phone for the house until wireless companies are no longer completely retarded.

wirelesswirelesswireless

I really don't feel like calling them again, but I must.

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Neskoner - Replied May 20, 2005

im on the prepaid shit,but its soo complicated to do anything on this phone that i want..i feel like throwing it out the window.

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. <KEY3>

<KEY3> 12oz Veteran Member

<KEY3> - Replied May 20, 2005

My job pays for my cell, so I dont really think about it.

really that means that whenever the phone rings I'm afraid it's work related.

I've had days where I'm so paranoid about missing a call that I take the thing into the crapper with me first thing in the morning.

<KEY3> - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Neskoner - Replied May 20, 2005

haha i feel that key,i often find myself taking a sketch book and a phone into the shit closet.

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. casekonly

casekonly 12oz Veteran Member

casekonly - Replied May 20, 2005

i'm on cingular, too. they fuck me up constantly. first off, i've had bills like yours before. thing is, i have 5000 nights and weekends and some odd amount of daytime minutes. they have repeatedly fucked me over.

at the moment, my phone is fucked. super fucked. i get virtually no reception in my house, and i ahve to go outside to get a few bars...keep in mind, i live right outside of the city. i can see a tower less than a mile from my house.

i got my phone decmber before last, moved around september of last year...went to the local cingular to have my number changed (turns out i can call them tom do that), fuckers lost my phone, then when i got it back, it wasn't activated....bah! to top that off, for the first four months i was up here (new place) i was ion the phone with cingular every other day...for four months! tring to get something done about my poor service. i finally started getting good service for about 5 months, then this shit happened...my phone is flaking out a ton...the service is flaking out a ton....i fucking hate you cingular!

anyway, i'm not doing anything about it this time, i'm tired of the hassles.

i'm planning on making them give me a new phone, just trying to work out some angles to hit them with.

casekonly - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. The Leader

The Leader - Replied May 20, 2005

Yeah. Recently the only place my phone works in my apartment is near the windows. I step outside and I have 3 bars.. but I step back inside and I have 0. I already called once, when their website finally loads I'm going to go on there and check my bill to see what they think is going on.

I'm done with this fucking company.

7. ...SaZiE_UnO...

...SaZiE_UnO... New Jack

...SaZiE_UnO... - Replied May 20, 2005

fuck cingular

...SaZiE_UnO... - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin 12oz Veteran Member

SteveAustin - Replied May 20, 2005

I've got something like 500 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend. I haven't even come close to maxing out my minutes. Of course the longest I'll talk on the phone anymore is like 30 minutes.

SteveAustin - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. Home Time

Home Time 12oz Senior Member

Home Time - Replied May 20, 2005

Ive had the same problem. After starting my contract i got a bill through 2 weeks later charging me a whole months worth line rental. Also the bill was double! There was noway i went over within 2 weeks. And you cant even get in contact with these people to sort this shit out, puttin you on hold for hours charging you stupid amounts per minute. Its crazy.

Home Time - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. krs702

krs702 12oz Senior Member

krs702 - Replied May 20, 2005

foreal i went to cingular last year to get a new phone and they told me they can't let me have the same number. they said " we cannot do it." i asked this bitch why the fuck the other companies can do it, but you can't. lazy sonuvabitches.

i am now with sprint, but sprint has shit phones and i don't get phonecalls. how do i know? i get ppls voicemails but no call.

so pretty much i dont like either.

is Verizon good? T-mobile? what else?

krs702 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. SpyD

SpyD 12oz Elite Member

SpyD - Replied May 20, 2005

on this note, WHY THE FUCK ARE CELL PHONES AND PLANS SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE????? AND WHY THE FUCK DO THEY MAKE YOU SIGN 2 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE AWAY WHILE THEY SUCK YOU DRY WITH HIDDEN FEES AND SMOKE AND MIRRORS??? AND IF U WANNA CANCEL EARLY???? 300 bucks early termination!

SpyD - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. Fondles

Fondles 12oz Veteran Member

Fondles - Replied May 20, 2005

Hahaha if you only knew....

Fondles - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied May 20, 2005

argue with them, but do it politley, most places make notes on how you speak with employees, if your a constant knob to them, they wont work with you. you can usually get out of anything, just mention youll switch to another company and they try and get you to stay. i recently went through cell phone hell dealing with a bill.... i argued and got a pretty decent amount of money off.

my plan now is flat rate with no contract, but soon youll have to sign a contract if you want the same plan. when that comes i think ill go to prepaid and just text people...or d the home phone thing, its nice not having a cell phone. im not signing anymore contracts.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  14. The Leader

Alright -- round 2

I call back and ask what my plan was before I changed it. (a year ago..) and she said 5000 nights and weekends. Ok, good.. I tell her that the lady I talked to when this happened said that nothing on the plan would change except for my ability to call nationally. She said, "wow, you have an amazing memory, that was over a year ago" completely sarcastic... I said, actually, I have a terrible memory, BUT I do remember when I request something specificly, such as nothing changing my cushion of minutes. She said "well the lady that you spoke with left a note here saying she did inform you of the 4000 minute night and weekend minute drop etc etc" and I said.. ok.. I'm glad she left a note. I used to work for a company that let you leave notes on people's accounts too... Guess what, my fingers were capable of typing lies as well. She said "well, if someone were to do that they wouldn't be working her for very long" and so.. I asked if that lady was still working there.. and she said "I wouldn't know, there's no name to go along with the note."

Ok. Whatever. I get my 400.00 dollar bill knocked down to 150.00 and request my account be cancelled. She says ok, that will be 150.00 added for early termination fee. I said what the fuck are you talking about, I've been with this fucking company for 4 or 5 years, how the fuck am I still in a contract with you morons? She said "well, in december of 2003 it appears you purchased a new phone which started up a new 2 year contract."

I laughed for a bit.. and then asked if she was serious. And obviously, she was. Apparently, if you buy a new phone *EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE INSURANCE FOR IF YOUR OLD ONE BREAKS* you get put into a new contract. So, my contract is up december of this year. And that my friends.. is when I will never have to speak the name Cingular for as long as I live.

15. The Leader

Also, I was nice as fuck at first. I was very respectful, no cursing nothing. Very calm. But when they kept bringing up the note for every point I made, I just flew off the handle.

I really want to break things.