CIDER

Fabo 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

With an allergy to wheat, Cider has become my new drink of choice. I'm not super skilled in the brand names and all the varieties but I do like Hornsby's Dark Cider. Most folks I hang with hate Cider. In contrast to what was said earlier... they think it tastes like piss water.

Fuck 'em.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one

Joker...........celiac?

To the point of illness. The more I keep away the worse the it gets. Meaning... the teriyaki chicken I had on Thursday, made with regular teriyaki and not the kind I can have, made me sick for about a day and a half. The kind of sick where you feel like you're about to vomit but it never happens.

I was diagnosed a few months ago so I'm still learning... the hard way.

Are you a celiac?

My father is. So, I know a ton about it. It really is pretty shitty, but there are RIDICULOUS amounts of websites and mailing lists that can help you figure out what you can and can't eat. And there are also a lot of gluten free things in health food stores, and even in regular super-markets. It's a pretty shitty disease that not many people are too familiar with, but once you get the hang of it it aint no thing. My pops doesn't even really sweat it. He's been ordering hamburgers with no bun from fast food joints for years.

When I was much younger and didn't get how awful it was for him, I made him this awesome club sandwhich double decker type thing, and just put it on the table for when he woke up....I thought it was funny. Stupid kid.

I imagine you've allready got your reading materials in order, but if you need a hand, I could send you a bunch of websites and stuff. Let me know.

Originally posted by can of worms

So there's been a few threads on beer, but not cider. Am I the only man that drinks this anymore? I'm sick of drinking the piss water that passes for beer these days.

oh yeah, super strongbow is the shit.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.gpi.org/awards_images/SmirnoffIce-sm.jpg'>

AAAAAHAHAHA...

Dont gimme that shit TJ...

My father is. So, I know a ton about it. It really is pretty shitty, but there are RIDICULOUS amounts of websites and mailing lists that can help you figure out what you can and can't eat. And there are also a lot of gluten free things in health food stores, and even in regular super-markets. It's a pretty shitty disease that not many people are too familiar with, but once you get the hang of it it aint no thing. My pops doesn't even really sweat it. He's been ordering hamburgers with no bun from fast food joints for years.

When I was much younger and didn't get how awful it was for him, I made him this awesome club sandwhich double decker type thing, and just put it on the table for when he woke up....I thought it was funny. Stupid kid.

I imagine you've allready got your reading materials in order, but if you need a hand, I could send you a bunch of websites and stuff. Let me know.

is that where you cant eat bread?

Originally posted by avils

i wanna know too...am i gonna die ???

:king:

yes. well, no, but it's not good for you. i mean, you ever got drunk on that stuff? remember how wierd and really really horrible the hangover feels? it's bad to the bone (and makes your teeth bones hurt). my mate's got a fucked up gut cos of the stuff, and he's only 30. weak sauce.

Originally posted by robotripp

is that where you cant eat bread?

Well, kinda. You can't eat any bread that is ade with regular flour or wheat flour. Basically, go into a normal grocery store and head to the bread aisle... see all those breads and pita's and muffin's and shit? I can't eat any of that.

Anything with wheat or gluten in it makes me feel very ill. Somewhat like you feel when you're about ten minutes from vomiting. That prior queasy feeling.

You'd be amazed at what wheat and gluten are in. Just about everything in a normal grocery store. From certain bottled spices to just about every cereal in the aisle. I have to eat gluten free kids cereal. I eat a lot of rice. Lot's of salads. Some gluten free frozen meals. Eating out for lunch or dinner has become the most difficult thing in the world. Cobb salad seems to be the staple. Unless the have baked potatoes or cook their fries in a fryer that is only for cooking fries.

It's a terrible disease to have unleashed upon you, especially if you're used to eating a certain way...

Thanks. I've got a few books that are full of recipes and information. As well as a few web sites that have extensive information for my viewing pleasure. I also just found out that there's a grocery store about thirty minutes from home that is dedicated to the Celiac diet. So I'm headin' to check that out this weekend. Thankfully my wife has been super supportive. When she cooks she keeps me in mind. But a lot of the time I'm on my own for dinner...

Thanks for lookin' out...

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

yes. well, no, but it's not good for you. i mean, you ever got drunk on that stuff? remember how wierd and really really horrible the hangover feels? it's bad to the bone (and makes your teeth bones hurt). my mate's got a fucked up gut cos of the stuff, and he's only 30. weak sauce.

i get drunk on cider probably 4 out of 5 week nights and all weekend..without wanting to sound like a dick, i hardly ever wake up with hangovers these days.

since i started drinking it i've noticed a bit of a paunch developing in my stomach but it tastes too nice to stop.

$10 a 6pk you cant beat that !!!!

:lick: