Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by iCEBERG, May 23, 2002.

1. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

what do you think?

bullshit? you believe it? think they brainwash people? you one of the ones they brianwashed?

just wonderin what yall thoughts are on this in general...

http://www.xenu.net/ is a good anti-scientology site.

now i dont claim to know everything about it but i believe i know enough to not like it.

i cant figure out why the likes of tom cruise and lisa marie belong to this organization.

http://wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de/~krase...sel/CoS/cooper/

just some food for thought about how people work... everyonce an awhile i get on a higher learnin kick and do my research on offtopic shit usually including the government or major organizations

now its time for me to go hurt somethin in max payne(that game deserves its own thread too).

2. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/115000/images/_115257_grease.jpg'>

scientology is all good.....oh, sandy!
    :rolleyes:

3. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

i forgot john travolta is also a member....

4. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

5. im not witty

im not witty Guest

i dont know enough about it to say more than it seems purty shady to me. religion in general for that matter.

6. rip

rip Elite Member

please believe they brain wash. they brainwashed my dad an told him that my mom was holding him bacc. he got beat down by me then he came home. he no longer goes there. and they ask people to buy multi life time memberships? wtf is this shit?

7. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

They suck you in like a cult. And pressure you to stay in. What other religion sets up a table outside a bookstore @ the mall and gives out "Free Stress Test's"? Then after they tell you you're stressed they say they can help you. No shit who isn't stressed.? I coulda told you that with out this thingamajig.

wonk saggin

8. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

you should look into it. its amazing how they actually reprogram peoples subconcious to think what they want. people have killed themselves because of this shit. they thought they were jesus christ or actually believed they had went to mars and blown up implant colonies....

its some crazy shit. noticed what i bolded

Church pays man for brainwashing
    By Darrell Giles in Los Angeles
    14may02

THE Church of Scientology has paid $US8.7 million ($16.1 million) to a man who claims he was brain-washed.

Lawrence Wollersheim, 53, of Nevada, joined the Los Angeles-based Church of Scientology in 1969.

He later became a recruiter and signed a "billion-year" contract to serve the church, whose high-profile members include celebrities Tom Cruise, Lisa Marie Presley and John Travolta.

But, he said, he was punished in a "thought reform gulag" and consigned to the hold of a ship docked off California for 18 hours a day.

He sued the organisation in 1980 after "counselling" almost caused him to take his own life. He claimed he paid $US150,000 to the church.

He said mind-control tactics, coupled with deprivation of sleep and food, had caused him to develop bipolar disorder and consider suicide.

"The counselling techniques are designed to either break you or make you a slave. I was on the edge of insanity," Mr Wollersheim said.

A jury in 1986 awarded him $US30 million, an amount reduced on appeal to $US2.5 million and upheld by the Supreme Court in 1994.

The court award collected 10 per cent interest over the years and eventually grew to $US8.6 million.

Scientology officials vowed they would pay "not one thin dime for Wollersheim", and members were rallied to chant the slogan at court hearings. But the Church of Scientology has now handed over a cheque for that amount to Mr Wollersheim.

Scientology, founded by author L. Ron Hubbard more than 50 years ago, has come under attack around the world for its methods of attracting members.

Major income earners such as Cruise and Travolta – who pick up $US20 million per picture – hand over vast sums of their fortunes to the church.

9. HomerJayII

HomerJayII Member

10. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

i bet you he was still bothered by them afterwards too...

my fathers friend used to live in cali where it started and got pretty high up on the chain an used to go to ron hubbards yacht called like the sea org or something an shit. he was an "auditer" he was third in the chain in some ot4 group or something im not posative. some wild stuff. he got sucked in pretty deep but finally left after it got bought out an ran by salespersons. it took him 6 years to get back to his normal way of thinking

11. rip

rip Elite Member

my dad was on tha seaorg too in florida., he was an auditor too, crazy shit bro

12. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

13. pukey1

pukey1 Elite Member

since we're on the family subject, my grandpa was a mason.

14. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

15. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

i respect free masonry more than i do scientology