Church Members to Picket Marines Funeral

Guest KING BLING

Guest KING BLING

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=103703

godHatesAmerica.com

A fringe Kansas church that claims Americans soldiers deserve to die in Iraq because the church was the target of a bombing attempt plans to demonstrate at the funeral of a Moorhead soldier.

Sgt. Bryan Opskar was killed on July 23 when a roadside bomb exploded. A military spokesman says the 32-year-old Marine was conducting combat operations near Ar Rutbah, Iraq.

Ten members of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas, plan to picket for 30 minutes before Opskar's funeral in Moorhead on Tuesday, said Shirley Phelps-Roper, church attorney and daughter of church minister Fred Phelps.

The church operates at least two Web sites — godHatesAmerica.com and GodHatesFags.com — and links soldiers' deaths in Iraq to a bomb that exploded on its compound in 1995.

A news release from the church says Opskar was killed by "by an IED (improvised explosive devices), like the IED America used to bomb our church, in a terroristic attempt to stop WBC's anti-gay preaching."

"We may be pardoned for seeing a direct correlation between the Improvised Explosive Devices killing American kids in Iraq and the IED that nearly killed a sleeping Westboro baby August 20th 1995," the release said.

Phelps-Roper said the group pickets only public funerals where the military promotes the war and downplays the situation in Iraq.

The funeral of Opskar, of the 2nd Marine Division out of Camp Lejeune, N.C., is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church. ( Online guestbook for Opskar)

The Moorhead Police Department will send more officers to Opskar's funeral to prevent any conflict between the mourners and the picketers, said police Sgt. Chris Carey. Police also will videotape the picketing, he said.

Carey also advised mourners to ignore the picketers.

"If somebody was to address the West Baptist Church, they're playing right into what they would like," he said. "The best thing to do is ignore the message they're sending. They're an extremely small minority from the United States that feels that way."

In 1998, the church picketed the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student whose murder sparked a national outcry for hate-crimes legislation. Phelps has gained national attention staging protests -- and threatening to stage protests -- at funerals and other public events. He has appeared in Minnesota before.

More recently, the group carried signs that read "America is Doomed" and "God Hates Fags" at a soldier's funeral in Oklahoma last week. A statement on the group's Web site GodHatesAmerica.com explains the church's position:

Thank God for IEDs killing American soldiers in strange lands every day.

WBC rejoices every time the Lord God in His vengeance kills or maims an American soldier with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). "The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked" (Ps. 58:10).

This nation bombed and raided the Westboro Baptist Church, and now the Holy God that Inhabits Eternity is repaying those heinous acts with His retaliatory wrath; "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" (Rom. 12:19).

To most effectively cause America to know her abominations (Ez. 16:2), WBC will picket the funerals of these Godless, fag army American soldiers when their pieces return home. WBC will also picket their landing spot, in Dover, Delaware early and often.

On Thursday, services will be held for Opskar in Princeton, where he grew up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

This is hilarious but I feel dirty...

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

America=Babylon=Iraq

The American Army is a

Fag Army!!

"I don't know how the hell these people got into our army," -- Rep. Ben Nighthorse Campbell

We've been telling you for years that these were the people running your military, and you ignored our warnings.

When you fill the army with fags and dykes and spit in the face of God, you have sown the wind, and shall reap the whirlwind (Hos. 8:7).

This is the picture that America deserves. Get used to it! You worship at the fag altar, you get boxes draped in your fag flag coming home!

deadamericans.jpg

Guest KING BLING

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/sound/americatheburning.mp3

Listen to the above while you read over wwho they are going to picket this week:

August 4, 2005

10:00 am – 10:30 am

Princeton, MN

Immanuel Lutheran Church, 401 S. 8th Ave. (Funeral of Marine Sgt. Bryan J. Opskar).

August 5, 2005

9:30 am – 10:00 am

Portage, IN

Edmonds & Evans Funeral Home, 6941 Central Ave. (Funeral of Army Spc. Adam Harting).

August 6, 2005

8:30 am – 9:30 am

Bakersfield, CA

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 601 E. California Ave. (Funeral of Army Pfc. Ramon Villatoro, Jr.).

August 6, 2005

1:30 pm – 2:00 pm

Opelika, AL

TBA. (Funeral of Army Sgt. Christopher J. Taylor).

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by SF1+Aug 2 2005, 09:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Aug 2 2005, 09:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KING BLING@Aug 3 2005, 04:27 AM

This is hilarious but I feel dirty...

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

That site looks like it's actually saposed to be a joke. :haha:

[/b]

Yeah I'm still not 100% it isn't but I actually saw this group protesting in San Fransisco a few years back. All I remember was the children with them were holding up signs with icons of gay sex happening and written on them was those fabuloius line "God Hates Fags" and "AIDS cures fags"...

I dont think its a joke, man, Look at all the pictures, thats a pretty big joke, bringing in the police and people in military uniforms. I don't think it is a joke, There is a guy where I live who walks up and down the sidewalk in front of the statehouse jumping around with a baby doll in his carriage picketing everyday with STOP ABORTION signs. He proposed to the state a memorial statue of an aborted fetus in front of the statehouse <LOL a statue of an aborted fetus??? Some people are just nuts,

I like the Pope in Hell sign though...

Originally posted by bostonsnewestink@Aug 4 2005, 04:14 PM

im not one for war, at all, but i have the most respect for the soldiers, and protesting at a soldiers funeral is horrible, if anyone tried pulling that shit around my area, i'd go there and start smashin those fucks. break the picket over their damn face.

I think most people would agree.

Did this happen yet? Did they get stomped?

yeah, really, I'm surprised they didn't get stomped(If they didn't).

I don't agree with ANYTHING the US soldiers are doing Overseas, I don't think they should be there at all , (I won't get into that because thats another thread) I cant beleive somebody didn't wreck them yet, really. In my viewWhen you do something like that, people just look at you like a kook. Nobody really takes you seriously, and it harms your original aims and objectives anyway. Seems like a waste of time and money to me.

Picketing a Marine's funeral? These people are looking for an ass kicking. Typically is a Marine is killed, especially in combat, other Marines and former Marines attend the funeral out of respect for a fallen brother.

Picketing the funeral of a Marine killed in combat sounds like an invitation to cause a rather vicious brawl. No wonder the local cops intend to be there. I don't blame them, there's almost certain to be violence.

Originally posted by KaBar2@Aug 5 2005, 06:35 AM

Picketing a Marine's funeral?  These people are looking for an ass kicking.  Typically is a Marine is killed, especially in combat, other Marines and former Marines attend the funeral out of respect for a fallen brother.

Picketing the funeral of a Marine killed in combat sounds like an invitation to cause a rather vicious brawl.  No wonder the local cops intend to be there. I don't blame them, there's almost certain to be violence.

ha. NOW they are looking for an ass-kicking?!?

"what? they have stopped disrespecting THEM and have moved on to US? how dare they?"

Its all free speech up until its aimed at you, what? they can picket whatever they like....

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Aug 5 2005, 06:07 PM

'God' doesn't hate. People hate in the name of God.

just like in that Woody Allen movie:

'If God knew all of the terrible things that people have done in his name, he'd never stop puking'.

I can't let this one go Rumpuncher..

First off, Does God love a child molester who rapes children for a past time? Or what about an Idol worshipping pagan who sacrifices a goat at the alter in the name of "Taghuti" the false diety? He hates that.

And the statement "If God knew all the terrible tings that people have done in his name, he'd never stop puking" is truly a repulsive statement if you knew anything about God's attributes.

This statement implies that there is something God doesnt know and of course we knoe God is all knowing.

The statement that he would never stop puking implies that God pukes. Puking is a human imperfection , a human action. God is not human , nor does he puke, It's not befitting the majesty and benevolence of the most high creator of the heavens and earth that he "pukes". God owns all of the most perfect qualities and is not subject to our flawed nature. God says in his mighty book the meaning of "there is non co-equal or comparable unto him" and "there is nothing like him". This is the true God ....The God of Majesty , might , Lordship, Kingship, mercy, Love, Hate, the one who causes things to live and who causes them to die. The one who is the owner and full sustainer of the heavens and earth. Who no sleep , nor slumber ever overtakes him and who owns all of the right to our worship and sacrifice.

Sorry, for being long winded but I can go on about this subject. I will start a thread about it one of these days so we can talk about the nature of God there and nobody will accuse me of hijacking the thread and turning it into a religious debate. Rumpuncher, I hope you don't take this as a personal attack on you , But I just wanted to share with you this veiw of God that I have aquired through much contemplation and study.

I didn't have time to read all of these posts, so if somebody already said this, then nevermind me. But does anyone remember the Phelps family? They're the ones who protest at the funerals of AIDS victims, and stand on the roadside with GOD HATES FAGS signs. Yeah, those people. They even came to my fucking town to protest in front of a presbyterian church.

This kind of shit really throws me. This is the sort of situation I think mob rule should over ride the "everyone has a right to their opinion" way in which folks with fringe ideas are dealt with. Some groups of people just need to be beaten by larger groups of people. Grassroots democracy right thurrr.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dawood+Aug 6 2005, 02:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dawood - Aug 6 2005, 02:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RumPuncher@Aug 5 2005, 06:07 PM

'If God knew all of the terrible things that people have done in his name, he'd never stop puking'.

First off, Does God love a child molester who rapes children for a past time? Or what about an Idol worshipping pagan who sacrifices a goat at the alter in the name of "Taghuti" the false diety? I believe He hates that.

And the statement "If God knew all the terrible tings that people have done in his name, he'd never stop puking" is truly a repulsive statement if you knew anything about what I believe are God's attributes.

This statement implies that there is something God doesnt know and of course we knoe God is all knowing.

The statement that he would never stop puking implies that God pukes. Puking is a human imperfection , a human action. I believe God is not human , nor does he puke, It's not befitting the majesty and benevolence of the most high creator of the heavens and earth that he "pukes". I believe God owns all of the most perfect qualities and is not subject to our flawed nature. God says in in what I believe to be his mighty book the meaning of "there is non co-equal or comparable unto him" and "there is nothing like him". I believe This is the true God ....The God of Majesty , might , Lordship, Kingship, mercy, Love, Hate, the one who causes things to live and who causes them to die. The one who is the owner and full sustainer of the heavens and earth. Who no sleep , nor slumber ever overtakes him and who owns all of the right to our worship and sacrifice.

Sorry, for being long winded but I can go on about this subject. I will start a thread about it one of these days so we can talk about the nature of God there and nobody will accuse me of hijacking the thread and turning it into a religious debate. Rumpuncher, I hope you don't take this as a personal attack on you , But I just wanted to share with you this veiw of God that I have aquired through much contemplation and study and refuse to accept anyone else isn't Muslim...

[/b]

that's right, I believe he pukes.

Wow... way to give christianity a horrible name... all these people who bash gays in the name of the lord are like fucking satanic man... in the bible it says god talked to the sinners and ate at there houses. he treated them kindly and with respect and tried to save them. he didnt fucking picket out side of buildings and tell people that other people deserved to die.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper+Aug 27 2005, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodice_ripper - Aug 27 2005, 07:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dawood@Aug 6 2005, 02:06 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-RumPuncher@Aug 5 2005, 06:07 PM

First off, Does God love a child molester who rapes children for a past time? Or what about an Idol worshipping pagan who sacrifices a goat at the alter in the name of "Taghuti" the false diety? I believe He hates that.

And the statement "If God knew all the terrible tings that people have done in his name, he'd never stop puking" is truly a repulsive statement if you knew anything about what I believe are God's attributes.

The statement that he would never stop puking implies that God pukes. Puking is a human imperfection , a human action. I believe God is not human , nor does he puke, It's not befitting the majesty and benevolence of the most high creator of the heavens and earth that he "pukes". I believe God owns all of the most perfect qualities and is not subject to our flawed nature. God says in in what I believe to be his mighty book the meaning of "there is non co-equal or comparable unto him" and "there is nothing like him". I believe This is the true God ....The God of Majesty , might , Lordship, Kingship, mercy, Love, Hate, the one who causes things to live and who causes them to die. The one who is the owner and full sustainer of the heavens and earth. Who no sleep , nor slumber ever overtakes him and who owns all of the right to our worship and sacrifice.

Sorry, for being long winded but I can go on about this subject. I will start a thread about it one of these days so we can talk about the nature of God there and nobody will accuse me of hijacking the thread and turning it into a religious debate. Rumpuncher, I hope you don't take this as a personal attack on you , But I just wanted to share with you this veiw of God that I have aquired through much contemplation and study and refuse to accept anyone else isn't Muslim...

that's right, I believe he pukes.

[/b]

It's not that I don't accept that other belief systems exist other than Islam, But If I beleived they were all right, then How could I believe in Islam, knowing that they are NOT all the same. And explain how God pukes and your statement "If God knew all all the terrible things" because that statement implies that there are things that God does'nt know. can you explain that to me?