1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Church Members to Picket Marines Funeral

Discussion in 'News' started by KING BLING, Aug 3, 2005.

1. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Church Members to Picket Marines Funeral

Discussion started by KING BLING - Aug 3, 2005

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=103703

godHatesAmerica.com

A fringe Kansas church that claims Americans soldiers deserve to die in Iraq because the church was the target of a bombing attempt plans to demonstrate at the funeral of a Moorhead soldier.

Sgt. Bryan Opskar was killed on July 23 when a roadside bomb exploded. A military spokesman says the 32-year-old Marine was conducting combat operations near Ar Rutbah, Iraq.

Ten members of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas, plan to picket for 30 minutes before Opskar's funeral in Moorhead on Tuesday, said Shirley Phelps-Roper, church attorney and daughter of church minister Fred Phelps.

The church operates at least two Web sites — godHatesAmerica.com and GodHatesFags.com — and links soldiers' deaths in Iraq to a bomb that exploded on its compound in 1995.

A news release from the church says Opskar was killed by "by an IED (improvised explosive devices), like the IED America used to bomb our church, in a terroristic attempt to stop WBC's anti-gay preaching."

"We may be pardoned for seeing a direct correlation between the Improvised Explosive Devices killing American kids in Iraq and the IED that nearly killed a sleeping Westboro baby August 20th 1995," the release said.

Phelps-Roper said the group pickets only public funerals where the military promotes the war and downplays the situation in Iraq.

The funeral of Opskar, of the 2nd Marine Division out of Camp Lejeune, N.C., is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church. ( Online guestbook for Opskar)

The Moorhead Police Department will send more officers to Opskar's funeral to prevent any conflict between the mourners and the picketers, said police Sgt. Chris Carey. Police also will videotape the picketing, he said.

Carey also advised mourners to ignore the picketers.

"If somebody was to address the West Baptist Church, they're playing right into what they would like," he said. "The best thing to do is ignore the message they're sending. They're an extremely small minority from the United States that feels that way."

In 1998, the church picketed the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a gay college student whose murder sparked a national outcry for hate-crimes legislation. Phelps has gained national attention staging protests -- and threatening to stage protests -- at funerals and other public events. He has appeared in Minnesota before.

More recently, the group carried signs that read "America is Doomed" and "God Hates Fags" at a soldier's funeral in Oklahoma last week. A statement on the group's Web site GodHatesAmerica.com explains the church's position:
    Thank God for IEDs killing American soldiers in strange lands every day.
    WBC rejoices every time the Lord God in His vengeance kills or maims an American soldier with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). "The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked" (Ps. 58:10).
    This nation bombed and raided the Westboro Baptist Church, and now the Holy God that Inhabits Eternity is repaying those heinous acts with His retaliatory wrath; "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord" (Rom. 12:19).
    To most effectively cause America to know her abominations (Ez. 16:2), WBC will picket the funerals of these Godless, fag army American soldiers when their pieces return home. WBC will also picket their landing spot, in Dover, Delaware early and often.

On Thursday, services will be held for Opskar in Princeton, where he grew up.

2. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Aug 3, 2005

This is hilarious but I feel dirty...

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

America=Babylon=Iraq
    The American Army is a

Fag Army!!

"I don't know how the hell these people got into our army," -- Rep. Ben Nighthorse Campbell

We've been telling you for years that these were the people running your military, and you ignored our warnings.

When you fill the army with fags and dykes and spit in the face of God, you have sown the wind, and shall reap the whirlwind (Hos. 8:7).

This is the picture that America deserves. Get used to it! You worship at the fag altar, you get boxes draped in your fag flag coming home!

[​IMG]

3. Dawood

Dawood 12oz Elite Member

Dawood - Replied Aug 3, 2005

wow, this is funny..........who is God?

Dawood - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/sound/americatheburning.mp3

Listen to the above while you read over wwho they are going to picket this week:

August 4, 2005
    10:00 am – 10:30 am
    Princeton, MN
    Immanuel Lutheran Church, 401 S. 8th Ave. (Funeral of Marine Sgt. Bryan J. Opskar).

August 5, 2005
    9:30 am – 10:00 am
    Portage, IN
    Edmonds & Evans Funeral Home, 6941 Central Ave. (Funeral of Army Spc. Adam Harting).

August 6, 2005
    8:30 am – 9:30 am
    Bakersfield, CA
    Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 601 E. California Ave. (Funeral of Army Pfc. Ramon Villatoro, Jr.).

August 6, 2005
    1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
    Opelika, AL
    TBA. (Funeral of Army Sgt. Christopher J. Taylor).

5. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Aug 3, 2005

This is rediculous. I hope there's a riot and these douchbags get royaly STOMPED if they have the gall to try and disrupt this guys funeral. Get a fucking life! :umm:

SF1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Aug 3, 2005

That site looks like it's actually saposed to be a joke. :haha:

7. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

That site looks like it's actually saposed to be a joke. :haha:
    [post=4059736]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah I'm still not 100% it isn't but I actually saw this group protesting in San Fransisco a few years back. All I remember was the children with them were holding up signs with icons of gay sex happening and written on them was those fabuloius line "God Hates Fags" and "AIDS cures fags"...

8. Dawood

Dawood 12oz Elite Member

Dawood - Replied Aug 3, 2005

I dont think its a joke, man, Look at all the pictures, thats a pretty big joke, bringing in the police and people in military uniforms. I don't think it is a joke, There is a guy where I live who walks up and down the sidewalk in front of the statehouse jumping around with a baby doll in his carriage picketing everyday with STOP ABORTION signs. He proposed to the state a memorial statue of an aborted fetus in front of the statehouse <LOL a statue of an aborted fetus??? Some people are just nuts,

I like the Pope in Hell sign though...

9. bostonsnewest

bostonsnewest 12oz Veteran Member

bostonsnewest - Replied Aug 4, 2005

im not one for war, at all, but i have the most respect for the soldiers, and protesting at a soldiers funeral is horrible, if anyone tried pulling that shit around my area, i'd go there and start smashin those fucks. break the picket over their damn face.

bostonsnewest - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Aug 4, 2005

I think most people would agree.

Did this happen yet? Did they get stomped?

11. Dawood

Dawood 12oz Elite Member

Dawood - Replied Aug 4, 2005

yeah, really, I'm surprised they didn't get stomped(If they didn't).
    I don't agree with ANYTHING the US soldiers are doing Overseas, I don't think they should be there at all , (I won't get into that because thats another thread) I cant beleive somebody didn't wreck them yet, really. In my viewWhen you do something like that, people just look at you like a kook. Nobody really takes you seriously, and it harms your original aims and objectives anyway. Seems like a waste of time and money to me.

12. KaBar2

KaBar2 12oz Senior Member

KaBar2 - Replied Aug 5, 2005

Picketing a Marine's funeral? These people are looking for an ass kicking. Typically is a Marine is killed, especially in combat, other Marines and former Marines attend the funeral out of respect for a fallen brother.

Picketing the funeral of a Marine killed in combat sounds like an invitation to cause a rather vicious brawl. No wonder the local cops intend to be there. I don't blame them, there's almost certain to be violence.

KaBar2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik 12oz Senior Member

imported_dowmagik - Replied Aug 5, 2005

these people are just simply nuts. i hope they get their ass handed to them.

imported_dowmagik - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper 12oz Elite Member

bodice_ripper - Replied Aug 5, 2005

ha. NOW they are looking for an ass-kicking?!?

"what? they have stopped disrespecting THEM and have moved on to US? how dare they?"

Its all free speech up until its aimed at you, what? they can picket whatever they like....

bodice_ripper - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. RumPuncher

RumPuncher 12oz Elite Member

RumPuncher - Replied Aug 5, 2005

'God' doesn't hate. People hate in the name of God.

just like in that Woody Allen movie:
    'If God knew all of the terrible things that people have done in his name, he'd never stop puking'.

RumPuncher - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: