Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Chuck Palahniuk, author of fight club

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_dowmagik, Nov 5, 2003.

1. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

Anybody else dig this guy's work? I met him tonight at a reading he did and he was a way cool guy. He read a gruesome short story about 3 boys that have tragic masturbation accidents. He also announced that 3 more of his books are being made into movies, and one is by the same people that did Requiem For a Dream. Good stuff. :)

2. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

tragic masturbation accidents?? what did they jerk too hard, rip their schlongs off and bleed to death???

3. seppuku

seppuku Member

im on chapter 5 of lullaby right now. the only other book by him that i read is fightclub.

4. imported_dowmagik

one kid fucks himself with a carrot and his mother finds it in with his dirty clothes

another boy shoves molded wax down his urethra and jacks off, but the wax goes too far into his dick and ends up in his bladder and has to go to the hospital

last kid likes to jack off underwater while some part of the swimming pool sucks on his asshole. well it ends up sucking out his large intestine and he has to bite through it so he can escape and get air.

5. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

READ CHOKE AND SURVIVOR

http://www.newsreview.com/issues/reno/2001-08-02/westlit-1.jpg'>

[img]http://trashotron.com/agony/images/palahniuk-survivor.jpg'>

Highly recommended...

Also I recommend Green eggs and ham by Dr. Seuss.

[img]http://www.preschooleducation.com/bookpic/greenegg.gif'>

6. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

jesus god i am going to throw up please excuse me

7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I've read Choke, Lullaby and Fight Club.
    i'm pretty fucking jealous you got to meet him. i would assume Lullaby is being made into a movie. It's funny that if you notice the photo of him on the jacket of Fight club...he looks all clean cut and more or less a nice guy. on the dust jacket for lullaby however...he looks like a long hair emo art fag with this "too cool" expression on his face. What an asshole.

8. imported_dowmagik

If I remember correct the books being made into movies are Lullaby, Choke and Invisible Monsters. He was pretty damn full of himself, but he was a nice guy. He brought a box of fake severed arms and hands and gave them to people that asked him questions during the Q&A section. He autographed Invisible Monsters for me and I asked him to write a word that's offensive to him along with it, he wrote the word "mangina".

9. imported_dowmagik

one person actually fainted during the reading tonight, making themselves the 27th person to pass out from a reading of his.

10. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

hahahahaha thats fucking awesome.

11. diggity

diggity Guest

that one about the swimming pool made my stomach drop. I havent read fightclub, but i put the dvd on all the time. i really like the first half of it but it tends to fall off for me when that whole project mayhem gets going good. how much different is the book from the movie? and could you give me a brief descriptions of the others hes wrote incase one of them sounds interesting? danke.

12. The Beyond

The Beyond New Jack

Word on gettin down with C.P. My pal Jim saw him read in NYC, three kids passed out, and during the Q & A he gave little bottles of Vodka to all the kids who asked questions.

His work is fun to read and always carries some subversive anarchic message.

Also, some neat(3x) vandalism shit in Choke... in the beginning, the mother marks various walls by standing her son in front of em while shining headlights on him, and then outlining his shape with black spraypaint.

Get into it

13. 455

455 Guest

That's cool, I'll be looking forward to that......good storylines and drama.

14. space base

space base Senior Member

I've read about a kid actually getting his intestine sucked out from a pool before, or it might have been in a hot tub.

15. BOZACK

BOZACK Member

that's strange...someone in my dorm building just told me about a friend of his who died masturbating. he has a bag over his head to prolong the orgasm and suffocated. his mom walked in to find her son dead with a hardon and a bag over his face...yuck. DON'T GET ANY IDEAS!