Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Chronic razor burn on my neck!!! Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Good Morning Captain, Jan 6, 2002.

1. For the past few weeks ive been getting real bad razor burn on my neck when I shave. ItI didnt usually happen, but lately its even started to bleed alittle when I shave. My neck looks like sand paper. Anyone got any good razor brands or cremes or whatever that are good. I mostly use a bic. I also have an electric norelco jawn that I dont like because it irritates the hell out of my skin. This is getting out of hand. Help.

2. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

I used to get razor burn on my legs from using generic shaving cream and disposable razors. Now I use that glistening pear shave gel (i forget what brand it is though) and I have to use razors that have that little moisture strip on the tip. When I'm done I put mineral oil all over my legs, and I usually never get razor burn. I don't know about faces though. I get my eyebrows waxed and they never get irritated. maybe you could just wax your face. :idea:

PruDE

3. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

MACH 3 that shit away...
    also try "SHAVE" from Alba Botanica
    you can pick it up usually at health stores or something...
    i had the same problem...this shit saved me...

4. seppuku

seppuku Member

i use a gilette mach 3 razor and that new edge gel. no need for aftershave.

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

all i can suggest man is aftershave moisturizer. i use clinique, and on occasion some l'eau d'issey. really helps me.

6. eyeBddub

eyeBddub Member

Yeah ... use a "female" shaving gel or cream because its really that much better than any "male" products ...

I use a mach3 razor ... and I hardly ever get razor burn so its all good

You should also use after shave if its that bad duder

7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

aawww...little pansy man with his sensitive skin.....nuhnuhnuh

just kidding, im the same way mostly because my hair is so coars.....i personally think the mach 3 is overated, i spend and entire paycheck on the damn blades for that thing and then it just flips around skipping over my face....i use the two blade gillete and edge tough beard gel....i was using burts bees for aftershave but it makes me feel waxy so im going to try this gillete stuff and see how that goes.....i hate aftershave but i have dry itchy skin more.....im going to grow a beard starting tommorow....

8. I do use after shave. Thanks for the advice. I dont really know why its become such a problem of late, I never used to get razor burn at all.

9. I use the Gillete series all the way, Gillete sensor razor which doesnt look like a star trek gadget like mach3 does :D
    Gillete gel and gillete after save, not oily at all and girls like the smell. That combo works great. However i've noticed that everyday shave isnt that good for the skin. So i keep it at a minimum of three times a week.
    Now, if you have acne its a diferent story.

*DR ZIVAGO:D

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

tesser is the man who know his post bath hygiene....ladies do love the gillete line....i have a secret sauce of the deoderant plus and unamed colonge (yeah i spelled it wrong again) that smells wonderful.....fuck that.....it smells fantastic.....

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

you guys dont even want to fuck with my skin care knowledge i swear clinique raised me........

12. HAHAHAHA T.T.
    The thing is that you should use something that you can buy almost anywhere, i wouldnt walk a meter more than i do to get some aftershave.Thats why Gillete rules.

On a sidenote, i'm curious on what will happen when cracked sees this, after that deodorant thread:D

13. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

I use a mach3 for a razor.
    For the shaving cream I got your hookup - Aveeno.
    Its kinda hard to find but the shit is mad good.
    Real thick and smooth. Also, it doesnt contain any fragrance like Gillette - alot of times its the fragrance in the gels that give people razor burn. Plus who wants to smell like shaving cream anyway?

Go get Aveeno.

14. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

step to it nigga. my mom works nights at macy's as a clinique girl.....

and GMC, don't front like you got facial hair. lil bottom ass biatch

15. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

i use a mach 3, and edge gel for sensitive skin, has aloe in it and what not....use goodlife aftershave....