Chronic razor burn on my neck!!! Advice needed.

Guest Good Morning Captain

For the past few weeks ive been getting real bad razor burn on my neck when I shave. ItI didnt usually happen, but lately its even started to bleed alittle when I shave. My neck looks like sand paper. Anyone got any good razor brands or cremes or whatever that are good. I mostly use a bic. I also have an electric norelco jawn that I dont like because it irritates the hell out of my skin. This is getting out of hand. Help.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest got tha feva

I used to get razor burn on my legs from using generic shaving cream and disposable razors. Now I use that glistening pear shave gel (i forget what brand it is though) and I have to use razors that have that little moisture strip on the tip. When I'm done I put mineral oil all over my legs, and I usually never get razor burn. I don't know about faces though. I get my eyebrows waxed and they never get irritated. maybe you could just wax your face. :idea:

PruDE

aawww...little pansy man with his sensitive skin.....nuhnuhnuh

just kidding, im the same way mostly because my hair is so coars.....i personally think the mach 3 is overated, i spend and entire paycheck on the damn blades for that thing and then it just flips around skipping over my face....i use the two blade gillete and edge tough beard gel....i was using burts bees for aftershave but it makes me feel waxy so im going to try this gillete stuff and see how that goes.....i hate aftershave but i have dry itchy skin more.....im going to grow a beard starting tommorow....

I do use after shave. Thanks for the advice. I dont really know why its become such a problem of late, I never used to get razor burn at all.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I use the Gillete series all the way, Gillete sensor razor which doesnt look like a star trek gadget like mach3 does :D

Gillete gel and gillete after save, not oily at all and girls like the smell. That combo works great. However i've noticed that everyday shave isnt that good for the skin. So i keep it at a minimum of three times a week.

Now, if you have acne its a diferent story.

*DR ZIVAGO:D

Guest imported_Tesseract

HAHAHAHA T.T.

The thing is that you should use something that you can buy almost anywhere, i wouldnt walk a meter more than i do to get some aftershave.Thats why Gillete rules.

On a sidenote, i'm curious on what will happen when cracked sees this, after that deodorant thread:D

I use a mach3 for a razor.

For the shaving cream I got your hookup - Aveeno.

Its kinda hard to find but the shit is mad good.

Real thick and smooth. Also, it doesnt contain any fragrance like Gillette - alot of times its the fragrance in the gels that give people razor burn. Plus who wants to smell like shaving cream anyway?

Go get Aveeno.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by T.T Boy

you guys dont even want to fuck with my skin care knowledge i swear clinique raised me........

step to it nigga. my mom works nights at macy's as a clinique girl.....

and GMC, don't front like you got facial hair. lil bottom ass biatch

Guest MR BOJANGLES
Originally posted by Good Morning Captain

For the past few weeks ive been getting real bad razor burn on my neck when I shave. ItI didnt usually happen, but lately its even started to bleed alittle when I shave. My neck looks like sand paper. Anyone got any good razor brands or cremes or whatever that are good. I mostly use a bic. I also have an electric norelco jawn that I dont like because it irritates the hell out of my skin. This is getting out of hand. Help.

if you live in cold weather like me, that probably why...it happens to the best of us.

THIS WILL ACTUALLY HELP....

it sounds gross but diaper rash cream... the clear kind will make it go away... expecially if the skin on your face is very sensitive, but sometimes what looks like bad razor burn can be an infection on your skin aggravetd by shaving. try using the neosporin cream after you shave. (it will help clear up your skin too)

i use the Mach 3 thing and cause the blades are so fucking expensive i only shave like every other day or so. the mach 3 is good cause you dont have to shave the same area more then once which is what causes irritation atleast thats what they say. If that doesn't work try using magic shave powder. its not as good as a razor but you avoid gettin cuts and having ichy skin.

Originally posted by seppuku

i use a gilette mach 3 razor and that new edge gel. no need for aftershave.

As do I. I think the key for me is making sure to keep running the blade under COLD water after every couple strokes. Even with the gel. It makes all the difference for my skin. Using Warm water seems to make me get the burn and looking like I got pimples on my throat.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

step to it nigga. my mom works nights at macy's as a clinique girl.....

well theres something we both have in common now isnt it hesh. actually that seems to be a popular profession of mothers of writers.

Originally posted by mapo wc

Go get Aveeno.

i also use this product. some people are alergic to the fragrances and shit like that, thats why i use it and its really good anyway. i also use the schick ST diposables for sensitive skin. they got that jelly stuff and i guess it works.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by T.T Boy

well theres something we both have in common now isnt it hesh. actually that seems to be a popular profession of mothers of writers.

ahah, ok player. cool, clinique rocks and socks em dead. get that mens product gift bag for christmas? thanks mom.....

well i use a mach 3 and my neck looks crazy after i shave ..and recently i have found that putting cocoa butter on my neck after i shave works..

also if its really bad..this is a chronic problem for black men..they have mad razor bump solutions in the the balck hair care section or whatever...like face creams that you dont have to shave..and stuff like that ..not sure if it works but you could check it out!!!!

Archived