CHRISTIAN HOSOI is finally getting out of PRISON-Update- He's out!

Abracadabra

CHRISTIAN HOSOI is finally getting out of PRISON

http://www.crailtap.com/c3/newrandoms/hosoi4.jpg'>

a few years back christian hosoi (80's skateboarding superstar, for those that don't know) was locked up for drug trafficking in hawaii (the island of honolulu to be exact). well, according to the oh so reliable news resource that is crailtap he went before the parole board, and they decided to let him out next wednesday. apparently crimes against fashion aren't grounds for extending a sentence, and for that the world is thankful.

how they could lock up someone that did dope rocket airs i'll never know.

http://www.crailtap.com/c3/newrandoms/hosoi3.jpg'>

now just release neal heddings already and balance will be restored to the world.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest im not witty
Originally posted by dlokddlokd

ha brandon turner is wayyyy tha fuk better than him^^

wutch u kno bouta switch hardy down tha carlsbad gizzzay

god i hope your kidding. wutch u kno bout style and history? apparently nothing.

Fucking right man, christ air...

I bought a new skateboard this spring, I haven't had one in about 10 years. If I can learn how to ollie again by the end of the summer, I'll be happy. I can still bust out a boneless like nobody’s business. The last board I owned before this one was a Powell Peralta Lance Mountain mini.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

christian hosoi was one of those guys that i wanted to be, until i learned about the whole jail thing and then broke my ankle. now i just want to see new footage of him skating.

shit yeah. even footage of him doing an axle stall would be enough to earn a spot on the next 411 openers.

hosoi was one of the illest from that era. god that takes me back...thrasher, suicidal tendencies, nintendo, the bones brigade, giant decks like my reese simpson schmitt stix, stealing sticker hang tags off of gotcha, o.p. and quicksilver clothes from macy's for the room, my school books, and my deck.

i have been hunting on ebay for old shit like that, that's awesome.

i got an old stussy shirt thus far (at least from that era)

i wanted to get the old black vision pants with the big vision print down the leg.....can you say radical?!?

and don't forget to get a mcsqueeb hairdo. life is not complete without it.

in all seriousness, a guy in my crew has a mcsqueeb. we put him down based on his mcsqueeb alone

Fucking crazy, that man has style for ages (and i started skating in 99!).

He's huge into jesus these days. He's going to come out of prision and start preaching to kids about not taking drugs.

I highly reccomend Juice magazine to everyone, the last issue has an 11 page interview with him that has tons of awesome photos from way back. Definitely pick that one up.

And fuck whoever was talking about switch hardflips, skateboarding was never meant to be about math problem street tricks. It's about frontside grinds on a backyard ramp that's falling apart, it's about gratuitious powerslides and it's about frontside airs. It's not about switch triple flips down 45 stairs in $150 shoes.

Holmes was and is a true ripper.

Originally posted by Nekro

And fuck whoever was talking about switch hardflips, skateboarding was never meant to be about math problem street tricks. It's about frontside grinds on a backyard ramp that's falling apart, it's about gratuitious powerslides and it's about frontside airs. It's not about switch triple flips down 45 stairs in $150 shoes.

Holmes was and is a true ripper.

word em up!

mactwist and shout......wipe out all over the place baby...kneeslide out..

http://www.skateone.com/images/products/big/soundtrack_spec_bb1.jpg'>

Originally posted by dlokddlokd

ha brandon turner is wayyyy tha fuk better than him^^

wutch u kno bouta switch hardy down tha carlsbad gizzzay

no way did you just say that...

on the other hand..

no, Nekro, none of that shit is what skateboarding is about any more than switch hardflips. i think what you were trying to say was that skateboarding is about having fun, and to me it is, but theres more ways to have fun with it than "frontside grinds on a backyard ramp thats falling apart." i personally have fun doing street tricks, and you have to respect the way people are pushing the limits of skateboarding at least a little. even if you dont, thats how they do it and enjoy it.

sorry to jump on you about this but it just seems really childish of you to say skateboarding is about what you like about it. who are you to say what skateboarding was "meant" to be about? originally it was "meant" to be about being able to surf when there were no waves, but (for most people) thats not what its about today. you seem to think that because the competitive pros are so much in the spotlight that none of those pros actually enjoy skateboarding for the right reasons. they may be skating in a hundred dollar shoes but at least theyre skating for a living and not working some donkey-sack cubicle job.

edit - this is a low blow but...

Originally posted by Nekro

and i started skating in 99!

... i could've guessed.

i didnt mean to get side tracked like that...

respect to hosoi, thank god they're finally letting him out, he was in there for a minute!! all for weed, too (if i remember correctly thats what he was moving).

i forgot about neil heddings, what was he in for again?

Originally posted by ..fuD..

no, Nekro, none of that shit is what skateboarding is about any more than switch hardflips. i think what you were trying to say was that skateboarding is about having fun, and to me it is, but theres more ways to have fun with it than "frontside grinds on a backyard ramp thats falling apart." i personally have fun doing street tricks, and you have to respect the way people are pushing the limits of skateboarding at least a little. even if you dont, thats how they do it and enjoy it.

i think the point he was trying to make is that hosoi is a legend in skateboarding, and brandon turner doing a switch hardflip down carlsbad is just another in a long line of street tricks that has been done to death...........the two aren't even in the same league.

what made hosoi a legend wasnt only the tricks he did (although head-high everything on vert....in spandex........that's str8 badass), but who he was. he was a rockstar on the stunt wood

Archived