Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CHRISTIAN HARDCORE (FUCKIN' A)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by serpent of the light, Jul 19, 2002.

1. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

so last night i saw zao on their final tour. unearth, underoath, dead poetic, and the underwater played. 3 of these bands (maybe more) are christian. i went for unearth, but anyways there was double the typical crowd for a hardcore show. all the fucking christians showed up. now i don't care who follows what, but they were preachy motherfuckers and they ruined the dancefloor on multiple occasions. i just don't understand why those fuckers were there. i'm still pissed off about it. anyways. fuck them, even though i made no real points in the rant. sorry for wasting space.

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

what i dont understand is how zao and underoath (not including their newer stuff) had put out some of the most dark and "evil" sounding music i ever heard...and then i hear they are very very christian...i was like...what the fuck?

for a little while i couldnt listen to the bands the same...and then i found out that extol was very very religious too and they are another metal band. its just odd...i'm used to all my metal and metalcore bands being on other beliefs or none at all.

its all cool with me though, but as far as preaching at shows...thats terrible.

(i think most if not all bands on SolidState records is religious)

dibngngn

3. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Well, you said 3 of the bands were christian...so it would make sense for christians to show up...

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

yeah but for them to walk in and preach...thats fucked up.

5. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx Senior Member

right on, Makros. No one likes obnoxious, preachy people at shows. No one wants a straightedge kid saying you suck if you arent straightedge, or someone telling you what to believe in.

In other words, at shows, keep it to yourself, because no one cares.

6. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I was going to go to that show. Then i decided i didnt want to go to a christian hard core show.

7. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

8. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

I saw some (Born Again) Christian Hardcore band play one time. They simply got on stage and said "We're a Christian Hardcore band, we're not gonna come up here and preach, but if you'd like to talk to us about it come see us after the set and we'll be glad to talk.." I thought that was mighty rad of them.

9. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

I've never seen a christian hardcore band and i could care less to

but on another note i get to see

drunken orgy of destruction(insane grindcore from buffalo)
    PROJECT GRIZZLY (Buffalo madness)
    RED REACTION (Boston HC)
    THE PROWL (Boston HC w/members of Last In Line)
    FACT OF DEATH (from Windsor. ex-Posers)
    OXBAKER(ontarios answer to infest)
    ANOMIA(three man noise assualt)

tommorow nite
    should be good times

why are hardcore shows $7 all the time now
    fukkkkin fukks

10. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

you from boulder?

i agree, whoever said it, preachy straight edge kids suck. i'm sXe, you all know that, but i don't get up on kids who aren't. if somebody mocks it, i'll defend it, but sXe ain't for everybody, and i don't intend to make any converts

11. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

12. amItoolate?

amItoolate? Member

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

LETS HEAR IT FOR JESUS!!!