Chiropractors. Good or bad?

Poop Man Bob

My back has been extremely fucked up off and on for the past 3 or 4 months. I've went through physical therapy for back issues about 4 years ago, but it obviously didn't work completely. It's lower back pain, to be more specific.

Has anyone here gone to a chiropractor? Would you recommend it? I know some people swear by them, but I wanted your opinions, as well.

Thanks in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my cousin has had back problems all his life basically and since about the age of preteen hes been goin to get his back cracked and like stretched, relaxed etc. he doesnt like love it but doesnt mind it. what kinda back probs you get? i get lower back spasms (like sharp pains every once in a while for a few days..but usaully they leave...) good luck..

Originally posted by yoink

my cousin has had back problems all his life basically and since about the age of preteen hes been goin to get his back cracked and like stretched, relaxed etc. he doesnt like love it but doesnt mind it. what kinda back probs you get? i get lower back spasms (like sharp pains every once in a while for a few days..but usaully they leave...) good luck..

The best way I can describe it is that I "tweak" it doing everyday things, such as brushing my teeth, turning over in bed, catching a football .. shit like that. It is a sharp, stabbing pain like you described. After I tweak it, I can barely bend over to touch my knees. It'll hurt for 3 or 4 days after that, even with me being extremely cautious re: what I do.

That's the best I can describe it .. although that isn't very helpful.

word dude. chiropractors can help depending on whats ailing ya.

my back has been fucked for about 2 years now. spent months going to PT. pointless. chiropractors helped relieve the pain. albeit on a temp basis. the more I went the more time would pass between me needing to go. just dont get suckered into that "you'l probably have to come back for ever crap"

Originally posted by Pistol

word dude. chiropractors can help depending on whats ailing ya.

my back has been fucked for about 2 years now. spent months going to PT. pointless. chiropractors helped relieve the pain. albeit on a temp basis. the more I went the more time would pass between me needing to go. just dont get suckered into that "you'l probably have to come back for ever crap"

Sooo .. keep up with the crunches, stretches, etc., all the while receiving the short-term relief from the chiropractor?

fuck chiropractors. i can lay on a basketball, and roll it down my back on a floor, and crack my entire back, and also twist my body while sitting up to crack my lower back. all in a matter of two minutes, that would cost you $50 bucks at a chiropractor. you want results for fucked up back? look into rolfing. its a deep tissue massage that hurts like fuck while they do it, but thats because they're releasing all the knots and tensed muscles in your body. that shit will garauntee you feel better. a chiropractors work could be undone in a matter of hours after your visit, its just a waste of money...

well shit i mean from what you described ive been gettin spurts like that for the past...hmm...six or seven years but funnily it hasnt happened to me to recently...i kinda have the same thing where ill be doing something normal nothing out of the ordinary and all of a sudden wham....like a knife then pain for a couple days impairing any bending..like pistol said dont get sucked into it and it is temporary, try doing excersizes on a constant (as much as you can) basis that stretch your back and work out those areas, ive kinda been doing that and maybe thats why i havent gotten an attack lately.

Originally posted by yoink

well shit i mean from what you described ive been gettin spurts like that for the past...hmm...six or seven years but funnily it hasnt happened to me to recently...i kinda have the same thing where ill be doing something normal nothing out of the ordinary and all of a sudden wham....like a knife then pain for a couple days impairing any bending..like pistol said dont get sucked into it and it is temporary, try doing excersizes on a constant (as much as you can) basis that stretch your back and work out those areas, ive kinda been doing that and maybe thats why i havent gotten an attack lately.

This is pretty much a dead-on description of what I'm going through right now .. esp. the bending part. Bleh.

Regardless, thanks for the info.

i went to see a chiropractor last year after being involved in a 3 car collision. i had 3 sessions plus a back readjustment. it felt terrific! i used to have this funny pain on my middle back unrelated to the accident and it was cured.

these days i just have pop dress in geisha drag and walk on my back with his/her tatami slippers. it's great!

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

My back has been extremely fucked up off and on for the past 3 or 4 months. I've went through physical therapy for back issues about 4 years ago, but it obviously didn't work completely. It's lower back pain, to be more specific.

Has anyone here gone to a chiropractor? Would you recommend it? I know some people swear by them, but I wanted your opinions, as well.

Thanks in advance.

What's up man. I've been going to a chiropractor for about 2 years now. Here's the deal. I've been in four car accidents (none of which I was driving, by the way), and my neck was extremely jacked up. It got to the point where I couldn't look down at my desk while I was sitting in class, it hurt too much. I couldn't look down to do anything. So I ended up going to the chiropractor 3 times a week. I think that it's really helped me out. Now I've only been going about once a month, and I pretty much feel as normal as ever. I would recommend doing stretches before you sleep, and check in to see if your medical insurance covers chiropractor, watch out for deductibles too. If the pain is right around the spine, or within a couple inches of either side of it, I would definately recommend it. Peace.

Archived