Chill Music Please.

Guest JSUN

i'm thirsty for some music.. preferably hip-hop, r+b, alternative.. something that is not too HARD but not too SOFT. uhh yea.

just recommend 2 or 3 songs to dl, if u'd like to help me.

i'll just recommend to the board these two songs.. if u haven't heard them already.

res- "tsunami"

gangstarr- "mass appeal"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Slum Village - I Dont Know

Choclair - 21 Years

RZA - It Must Be Bobby (new song, dope)

all are hip hop, there's a good chance you've heard them before if you're into hip hop, but i tried to pick some semi-not-well-known songs and a variety of hip hop types

[This message has been edited by Trend (edited 07-20-2001).]

Originally posted by Trend:

what is it (are they)? just beats, or actual songs, or what?

Its a rare CD only made like a 1000 of these bitches ,

Its a dope Mix of 80's shit to make a dope smooth hip hop flow with dope beats you have to listen to it to see whats its like its hard to explain it has a old school twist to it,,, its not your average shadow, q-bert, beatjunkies thang

Originally posted by Gnes 37:

Its a rare CD only made like a 1000 of these bitches ,

Its a dope Mix of 80's shit to make a dope smooth hip hop flow with dope beats you have to listen to it to see whats its like its hard to explain it has a old school twist to it,,, its not your average shadow, q-bert, beatjunkies thang

sounds dope, how'd you manage to get your hands on one?

hmm..

there is a bobbito.. and dj spinna produced album of stevie wonder covers and remixes.. double cd set that came out in the past month or so.. im still having trouble getting a copy of it. but.. its supposed to be damn good.. i dont know if youre willing to drop the loot cakes ..

the jigmastas. album has some great tracks on it.

dj spinna is also supposed to be coming out with an all instrumental album soon.. under the beatmovement label..

which just put out that pete rock.. (petestrumentals album).. i thought it was good.. nothing amazing.. just you know applying the formula but.. a decent listen.

shiit.. theres lots of amazing stuff.. but.. going out and finding it.. is what makes it great.. what makes the music yours..

trend, that choclair joint u recommended is awesome..the lyrics and the beats are like bread and butter. [soy butter] or like lucky charms and rice dream.

bob hope, i think they got that bobbito/spinna joint with all them oldies at sandboxautomatic.com... but i guess you can only order from them, even though they are at nyc. bobbito and dj cucumber slice are the same right??

oh in the spike lee joint, SUMMER OF SAM, the DJ at that club is BOBBITO. a lil trivia.

Guest imported_sofarok

LAMB - self titled first album, amazing d=b beats beutiful female vocals

The aniversary - emo niceness.

The Strokes - ny rock.

Herbaliser - nice jazzy breaks.

Autecre

Req

ugly duckling

weezer

mark b and blade - uk hip hop

Kings of convinience

fonda 500

sparklehorse

could go on, but i wont

goodie MOb - greeny green

goodie MOb - inshallah

lyrics born - balcony beach

outkast - 13th floor (growing old)

ramsey lewis trio - the in crowd

a tribe called quest - get a hold

just a few joints i like to vibe out with.

------------------

ABOVElabs.

thought of some more....

Jurassic 5 - The Influence

Reflection Eternal - The Human Element

Pharcyde - Somethin That Means Somethin

Aceyalone - Accepted Eclectic

Naughty By Nature & Rustic Overtones - Radio

Lootpack - Whenimondamic

Originally posted by atc:

goodie MOb - greeny green

goodie MOb - inshallah

lyrics born - balcony beach

outkast - 13th floor (growing old)

ramsey lewis trio - the in crowd

a tribe called quest - get a hold

just a few joints i like to vibe out with.

yes,my man ramsey very good call this man aint sleepin.

Yo JSUN, my boy Bose produced that Res track Tsunami. Actually he used his real name Jeremy Lapinsky but when we heard he did that we were wiling out cause he's from our clique. Thats a dope track by the way. I'm feelin you.

Also, peep the new Pete Rock "petestrumentals", its very nice. And J Rawls just put out a bunch of instrumentals. Get some People Under The Stairs. San Francisco Knights is one of my favorite songs ever. Groove Armada is good, and Air (French Band) and Portishead. I mean you've probably heard these all but they're chill and very dope. Oh yeah, DJ Krush, Esthero, okay I can't think of any more.

Archived