Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

cheese

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ubejinxed, Oct 9, 2002.

1. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i was out getting lunch today at the supermarket and i was marvelling at how many types of cheese there are.

i'm not much of a connoisseur, but there are some tasty cheeses. i know it's bland but i love fresh mozzarella and brie too.

i used to really like the red and orange cheese (i forgot the name) but ate too much and am not very fond of it anymore. muenster cheese is good on sandwiches.

how about you? goat cheese, smelly cheese, bleu cheese, camembert, swiss, american, provalone, gouda, velveeta(no this doesn't really count), others?

2. yoink

yoink Elite Member

brie sp? cheese...good appetizer, poke holes in top then layer a little brown sugar and cinnamon, melt for 15 to 30 secs or your pref, eat with water crackers....mmmm

3. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

4. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

cheeeeeze

say word..

i love cheese as well

its a major food group since i never eat meat

pizza with different kinds of cheese on it is awesome

grilled cheese..

mmmmmm
    grilled mozarella on wheat with tomatoes and basil..YUM

macaroni and cheese with a lil velveeta thrown in..

four cheese lasagna

nacho cheese dip

fresh mozz right out of the carton

baked brie on baguette with butter

applewood smoked gouda on stoned wheat thins..

HOLLA!

5. drain bamage

drain bamage Senior Member

i love cheese

cheese has also become my main thing since i quit eating meat. i have recently become a fan of brie...ymm, on french bread. but gargonzola has got to be the scariest looking cheese of them all. i've never tried it though, maybe it's good....who knows? anyone ever tried it?

6. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

7. mizx

mizx New Jack

the word turns me off, big time

8. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

once, after not eating at all for a week, i ate a huge brick of brie... i can't even smell it now without choking back vomit...

9. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

Re: i love cheese

its good, oddly, with pears
    there is a salad with gorgonzola and pears, i forget the name of it..good with raspberry vinagrette

its got a bite to it..
    though milder than bleu cheese, same concept

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

ahh... my vision of heaven is one big Wine and Cheese party.
    Just remember to pick a wine from the same region as the cheese.

zesto's top 5 cheeses...

thin sliced Havarti
    Lapi Cheese (from Lapland, Northern Scandanavia)
    Real milk Camembert (not pasturized)
    St. Andre.
    Extra Old Chedar

11. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

12. YinzerXpress

YinzerXpress Guest

provolone sticks:idea:

13. RAGSOE

RAGSOE New Jack

i too am a lover of cheese. i think velveeta counts, but as previously stated, brie, havarti, muenster, all excellent. but you all are missing the most important one, and some of you may be a little young, but my fellow grandpas will get my back on this one: ronald reagan free government cheese! shame on you for forgetting the staple of us poor folk for so many years. wish i still had a block...............

14. binaryheresy

binaryheresy Member

ahh cheese. the source of life. no meat, great! cheese to take it's place. cheese is THE most important food group in my life. my top 5:

1.Aged Gouda
    2. Provolone
    3. the great holy Swiss
    4. M√ľnster
    5. Feta

and a close to 5th is the other crumbly cheese, parmesean....

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

to paraphrase beardo... pasta is merly a vehicle for the parmesean.