Check the Wordplay

2 blaazed

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/photos_...shxwaoma_photo1

capt.sge.cyn78.300805074130.photo01.photo.default-268x384.jpg

"Two residents wade through chest-deep water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store after Hurricane Katrina came through the area in New Orleans, Louisiana.(AFP/Getty Images/Chris Graythen)"

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/480/ladm10208301530

capt.ladm10208301530.hurricane_katrina_ladm102.jpg

"A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Flood waters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina did extensive damage when it made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by RumPuncher@Aug 31 2005, 12:23 PM

I have no problem with 'looting/finding' food and essentials,

but stealing 10 paris of soaked designer jeans or a water logged television?

Yea, pretty much, and I highly doubt either article is going to have an impression on how anyone views a perticular race, so who cares?

Originally posted by ILOTSMYBRAIN+Aug 31 2005, 12:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ILOTSMYBRAIN - Aug 31 2005, 12:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RumPuncher@Aug 31 2005, 12:23 PM

I have no problem with 'looting/finding' food and essentials,

but stealing 10 paris of soaked designer jeans or a water logged television?

Yea, pretty much, and I highly doubt either article is going to have an impression on how anyone views a perticular race, so who cares?

[/b]

:lol:

saying they found it might mean they actually found it.. like.. you know, floating along.

and the black woman has 2 trash bags full of shit.

it also may have been written by 2 different people. im not in the mood to really check.

this isn't to say this might be racist, i'm just throwing another analysis out there. either way, i really dont care.

ok. i dont think racism doesnt exist. i was just adding another point of view so not everyone was in agreement here.

and finding bread floating down the street isnt the same as breaking into a building and taking shit.

i for one would loot the fuck out of that town. i bet there's acouple really nice several story buildings there.

*edit - i didnt even notice they had backpacks. which doesnt really say anything.. but yeah, i didnt notice. that is all.

in a situation like that, id loot the fuck out of everything. FUCK CAPITALISM. PEOPLE ARE DYING. Not like they can pay for it anyways. Altho getting greedy is sorta bad too, i think people should be allowed to take whatever the fuck they want. They prolly lost their house and everything. What the fuck else are they gonna eat? Gimme a break

Originally posted by Tough Love@Aug 31 2005, 06:20 PM

in a situation like that, id loot the fuck out of everything. FUCK CAPITALISM. PEOPLE ARE DYING. Not like they can pay for it anyways. Altho getting greedy is sorta bad too, i think people should be allowed to take whatever the fuck they want. They prolly lost their house and everything. What the fuck else are they gonna eat? Gimme a break

what about the store owners who lost their homes and their livelihood?

it's called a 'threadjack'.... you should know this by now.

Think about it like this, all the food in a store is getting tossed out

durring the cleanup. Every food store is going to have to restock.

Same goes for booze. A soaked case of beer cant be sold after

things are back to normal, and the beer companies dont reuse it,

so if you DONT take it and drink it, it will be wasted.

Originally posted by destroya+Aug 31 2005, 06:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (destroya - Aug 31 2005, 06:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tough Love@Aug 31 2005, 06:20 PM

what about the store owners who lost their homes and their livelihood?

[/b]

What about them? not like we're personally steeling THEIR shit. Its a store's stock, owned by higher management. Half the owners could care less cuz theyll most likely be compensated by their supplier when its all over. Like it was said before, theyr gunna have to restock anyways, so may as well loot away. I betya the owners are looting their own shit too

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Aug 31 2005, 03:27 PM

saying they found it might mean they actually found it.. like.. you know, floating along.

and the black woman has 2 trash bags full of shit.

it also may have been written by 2 different people. im not in the mood to really check.

this isn't to say this might be racist, i'm just throwing another analysis out there. either way, i really dont care.

dude doesnt look like a laydeh.