check out this trailor

IDrinkSprite

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, been following this. It's based on my favorite Phillip K. Dick book (Minority Report, Bladerunner, Screamers, shitty shitty Paycheck), and it's probably his darkest and most drug-fueled work. Basic plot of the book is the main character (Keanu) is an undercover narc who takes a drug called Substance D (I think) in order to remain undercover and it begins to split his brain into two different conciousness states, so while he's still the undercover cop, he is also a bigtime drug dealer and he winds up hunting himself.

If they keep it close to the book it'll be great, but Hollywood has a tendancy to butcher the fuck out of PKD stories and with the exception of Bladerunner they have all failed.

However, Linklater is talented and has a shitload of indie cred (unlike Speilburg and Woo) and he might be able to pull it off. The technique they are using is the same one that Linklater used for his film Waking Life, why they chose to use it I am not sure, but the body suits from the story which are used to scramble identities seem to be done really well in this style.

Originally, Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine, Being John Malkovich, etc) wrote a script for this story that was almost word for word matching the book, but the studio decided they didn't like it, which is why I am concerned about how it's going to turn out. A Linklater-Kaufman match-up would have been awesome.

Originally posted by JUSTONE@Feb 24 2005, 05:36 PM

in conclusion, watch this baby

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/ong_bak.html/

this will be sick as fuck. no strings, no cgi, pure fucking muay thai. soundtrack sounds like swizz beats or some shit though

I downloaded this movie about 4 months ago but only got it thai with no subtitles. Shit was hot. I think there were a few wires involved though. could be wrong.

Originally posted by JUSTONE@Feb 24 2005, 03:36 PM

...watched it last night on DVD. Awesome fighting, shitty plot. Worth the watch for sure though.

The animation in this movie looks awesome, but it looks like it's not really animated...just a series of really cool video filters, and from fermentor's info sounds like it has a lot of potential...that is, if they don't fuck it up.

Originally posted by Crimsøn+Feb 24 2005, 11:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crimsøn - Feb 24 2005, 11:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-JUSTONE@Feb 24 2005, 03:36 PM

The animation in this movie looks awesome, but it looks like it's not really animated...just a series of really cool video filters

[/b]

They're using the same method for this that they used on Waking Life, and I grabbed this off IMDB.org on how that was done:

"Shot entirely on video cameras, mostly handheld, then rotoscope-animated on Mac G4 computers and later transferred to 35mm film."

The process is done to each individual frame.

Let's see how long these photobucket pics I'm hotlinking stay up:

08.jpg

ob1.jpg

The "scramble suit", looks better in motion

0b3.jpg