Chart Sweep Vol. 1&2

RumPuncher

ok... so I found these crazy 'mixes'.

Someone took a snippet from every number one hit

and strung them together in chronological order.

It's like the past 50 years in music all lined up in one hour.

Beat Diggers, Bedroom Dj's and Music buffs..... DONT SLEEP ON IT

Chart Sweep One

Chart Sweep Two

*note: if you cant get though the classics on the first part,

just skip to part two.... but keep in mind you have no taste.

oh.... and having ADD will help digest the mix

< music.gif >

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

review:

• From 1956's inaugural #1, "Memories are Made of This" to Whitney Houston's 1993 "I Will Always Love You." Covering a complete era of the 45, beginning with the dawn of the age of pop charts and ending when major labels stopped pressing #1 hits to 45 and moved on to the sophistication of cassingles and CD singles. All in a little over an hour.

The web turns up nothing, except that it might be the result of someone named Hugo Keesing, Maryland archivist, culturist and owner of several collections regarding the history of popular music, and has been ripped from cassette to mp3 and unleashed on a forgetful public by The Evolution Control Committee.

There are lots of amusing crossfades, songs buttressed up against one another that you'd never think of as being separated by only a matter of weeks, rather than years. You can chart the emergence of disco, r&b, soul, cock rock, rap, hair metal, psychedelia, insofar as it applies to commercial american radio charts, a suspect machine if there ever was one.

Thats pretty cool. I am digging the later half of part 1 and part 2 right now. Its cool to hear the ones you recognize. In the beginging part theres a few actual classics sprinkled in. Just becasue it top the charts, that "suspect machine", doesn't mean its a classic. I'll have to go back and listen to the first 20 years later.

So it stops at 1993? Thats alot of music missing.

Nice find.

ghostbusters was #1?? it beat out prince?

KEY, you are right, I'm on maybe the 4th of 5th track of part one and I'm diggin' this. It's nuts man, some hilarious shit to have all this pasted together.

Seriously great find man, thanks a ton.

I don't know if you've heard of this cat, but he goes by the name "Plunderphonics" (http://www.plunderphonics.com there's some interesting written stuff and info on how to get his cd's), but this guy just basically took some pop hits from the 70's and 80's and fucked with them, first starting with tape then moving on the digital ways of completely messing with the tunes, like Michael Jackson's "Bad", to name one. I guess you could say he's like a DJ but it's much more than that. Some of the shit he does makes it sound like the music is skipping, like how a CD skips, but all on purpose and in certain parts over and over again. Needless to say, it's not for everyone, but I for one dig the crap out of shit like that. He also has a very deep philosophy on sound and sound recording and reproduction, check this site. Very interesting stuff.

the future is 'mashed-up'

I have hear Plunderphonics. I dig the cut and paste and yes,

it's not for everyone. Same with the 'Kelptones'. Such a great name too.

damn..... I'm 42 minutes into the Chart Sweep mix and I just heard Blondie's Rapture - then hall and oates?? - them 'my baby takes the moring train ??????

I love that it's all over the place. After disco everything changed.

OH SNAPZ!!!

It just went from 'Hall and Oates - Private eyes'

to 'LET'S GET PHYSICAL' and back to Hall and Oates with 'Say No Go'.

Hall and Oates are terribly slept on.

Tracks from the mix that you've gone hunting for:

so far.....

I cant go for that - Hall and Oates

Get out of my dreams (get into my car) - Billy Ocean

Land Down Under

Let's Dance - Bowie