....chars or letters????

CAPS

K.... it's been discussed before but I'd like to hear some opinions on writers who specialize in charcters vs. letters. I personally like characters more. I like DAIM and TWIST the most..... not to say fonts aren't cool it's just personal pref. I hear a lot about "If you just do chars all the time, your a toy that's not rounded. " I don't agree but what the fuck ever. Opinions are like shit..... they all stink.

CAPS........ chars for me please.... two scoops.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

characters are way harder , so if you only do characters for awhile youre gonna have sick letters anyhow , and its like if you bomb alot youll get better control , if you do alot of characters youll have better can control faster , than if you just work on letters

twist is sick , one of my favs , as well as rhek , and forms

To me its all about the letters. Its all about writing your name. A character thats an accompanyment to the letters, or instead of a letter is cool, but people who make the backgrounds and characters the pre-eminate part of the production, well, it does nothing for me. I think they missed the point. But then, who cares what I think? Oh yeah, you do, or you wouldn't be reading this shit.

:crazy:

...shhhhhh

Originally posted by CountRockula

chars? graffiti slang just keeps getting worse and worse...

Um hey retard.... your name.....yeah and whats that about? Talk about slang and stuff..jeez...i'm taking my ball and leaving dawg.

CAPS...obvious.

i like daims style with letters and his characters are mad tight also there is another writer out there that goes by the name of totem and hes mad tight also characters make you a well rounded graf artist but if you dont do em doesnt make you a toy....play these

Originally posted by ASER1NE

characters are way harder , so if you only do characters for awhile youre gonna have sick letters anyhow , and its like if you bomb alot youll get better control , if you do alot of characters youll have better can control faster , than if you just work on letters

twist is sick , one of my favs , as well as rhek , and forms

i agree with the characters being a lot harder ,but i dont believe that just because you keep with doing characters means your letters will get anybetter( just because characters are harder), "letter evolution", as i call it, takes place when you keep at letters, if you dont practice shooting a ball, but study how to, that doesnt mean that you'll be good at shooting, you need to practice the shot, just like you need to practice making a letter.....i think i got a little sidetracked with what the thread was about, but i say letters all the way, characters are nice and all but your name is what defines you...Hey look at that 'DAIM' piece, not look at that dragon ball z character who god knows who made it...

i dont really remember exactly what i was on about , but i wasnt really saying what you were just talking about ......

i didnt mean that if you do chars. you'll letters will get continually better , but i was saying that if you only do characters for awhile , that can control and practice etc will make whatever stage of your letter evolution better , you'll automatically have better letters .

agreed

aser said it correct. I have been a character junky for awhile and only in the last 2 years have my letters gotten tighter. I think that working on fades and shit help with your letters and fills nice to.

CAPS............. dahm e-mail is down.......fk

Guest Fabo 2

The only problem with characters is that you have do loads of 'em before people start to notice you as a writer. The upside is that people outside the graff comunity usualy treat characters as art and not vandalism.

Archived