Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

....chars or letters????

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by CAPS, Mar 11, 2002.

1. CAPS

CAPS Member

K.... it's been discussed before but I'd like to hear some opinions on writers who specialize in charcters vs. letters. I personally like characters more. I like DAIM and TWIST the most..... not to say fonts aren't cool it's just personal pref. I hear a lot about "If you just do chars all the time, your a toy that's not rounded. " I don't agree but what the fuck ever. Opinions are like shit..... they all stink.

CAPS........ chars for me please.... two scoops.

2. spizazzz

spizazzz New Jack

twist is superflyyy

3. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

characters are way harder , so if you only do characters for awhile youre gonna have sick letters anyhow , and its like if you bomb alot youll get better control , if you do alot of characters youll have better can control faster , than if you just work on letters

twist is sick , one of my favs , as well as rhek , and forms

4. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

twist has cool letterform and sick characters

5. Jucerock

Jucerock Junior Member

I agree with aserine, charachters done right, show more skill and can control. Also I've always thought that a charachter next to your piece spices it up hella.:king:

6. zen

zen New Jack

i think that once youve started doing characters you get to experiment with spray paint as a soft medium rather than, like, always having crisp lines or the standard fillin-outline routine.

7. CountRockula

CountRockula Guest

chars? graffiti slang just keeps getting worse and worse...

8. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I don't know what the fuck "chars" are, but Toast has to be one of my faves......

9. Acid_Cologne

Acid_Cologne New Jack

Letters and Charakters are both cool i think. A nice bomb with a charakter to the left or right looks dope :king:
    Dope Gangsta 1 doing the letters and Dope Gangsta 2 doing the charakters so everyone does what he likes :)

(i got crazy :D )

10. SKUMBALUCKAH

SKUMBALUCKAH Senior Member

Charaters are lovely and make me smile.

But writing is not writing without writing. You have to have the letters.

11. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

To me its all about the letters. Its all about writing your name. A character thats an accompanyment to the letters, or instead of a letter is cool, but people who make the backgrounds and characters the pre-eminate part of the production, well, it does nothing for me. I think they missed the point. But then, who cares what I think? Oh yeah, you do, or you wouldn't be reading this shit.
    :crazy:

12. CAPS

CAPS Member

...shhhhhh

Um hey retard.... your name.....yeah and whats that about? Talk about slang and stuff..jeez...i'm taking my ball and leaving dawg.

CAPS...obvious.

13. lo5.iTwilD

lo5.iTwilD New Jack

SABE IS HOTT. DOES ILL FACES

14. bastard ideals..........?

bastard ideals..........? New Jack

i give respect to both. they both have different elements and I think doing both helps you to progress in both.

twist is great, don't get me wrong, but what about giant? and sasquatch?
    and all the others im forgeting?

15. GWIZ1r

GWIZ1r New Jack

i like daims style with letters and his characters are mad tight also there is another writer out there that goes by the name of totem and hes mad tight also characters make you a well rounded graf artist but if you dont do em doesnt make you a toy....play these