1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Charlie Manson - Autobiography

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by stylus1, Mar 30, 2005.

1. stylus1

stylus1 12oz Junior Member

Charlie Manson - Autobiography

Discussion started by stylus1 - Mar 30, 2005

I've got a paper due tommorrow in a Human Resource Development class, we need to write about a leader failing or successful, and what made them a leader, and what made them a failure or a success. Instead of going the cliche route of a paper on Adolf Hitler (I'm expecting there will be at least three) or JFK, I went ahead and chose the odd route of Charles Manson. Honestly, I didn't know a fucking thing about this dude, really, except for the fact that he had "followers" (golden example for this paper of leadership) and he had enough power over those followers to have them kill people with him, and for him. We have to read a biography, or autobiography, and I found an autobiography called "Manson, in his own words." This book explains a lot, I haven't finished it, and it has one incredible flaw. Its an interview of the man himself, a long story of his life told by him. Dude is gonna make himself look better than he is, not as nuts as he may be, and I can tell you right now, He's good at lying and bending the truth cause I find myself almost liking the dude to an extent before things started getting ugly. I'm trying to read it with one eye open, but i feel that a lot is going to be conveniently avoided in his explanation of what he and his circle did.
    Bottom line is, Is there anyone out there that knows a lot about this on this forum? The book has a slant, and i'm trying to take into account everyway that he bends the truth in this paper. I don't want to write about reasons people followed him when he is telling a lie. (though he's good, could be the reason people trusted him) Dare I ask if anyone on here was alive for this?
    *I'm not reading this book because i think he's cool, i'm not some pot-smoking hippie little bitch college kid. I decided I'd rather write about something interesting and maybe off the wall as opposed to the bullshit that everyone else pulled out of the textbook.

**For those of you who clicked on this thread for the shock value of the title. This book is kind of dope, it explains a lot about the 1960s, drug culture, the things 99% of us weren't around for and really shouldn't be interested in, But hey, it is kind of interesting. A lot of it is about rambling, somewhat being a drifter, reminds me a lot of the one or two random kids you meet at a wall who write that don't have anything, no car, no money, do drugs and steal paint, train hoppers and the like, people who don't have a direction and don't give a fuck that they don't. It's a surprising look into someone I've known little about, but like I said, i think it's best to read it with one eye open for listening and one eye closed for disagreeing and distrusting. But, anyone read this, anyone have a descent amount of knowledge about this?

stylus1 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Mar 30, 2005

DO YOUR OWN FUCKING HOMEWORK, SHITHEAD!!! NOW DIE IN A POOL OF YOUR OWN URINE!!!

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Mar 30, 2005

you really shouldn't wait until the night before it is due to write a paper. thats just bad planning.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

The Leader - Replied Mar 30, 2005

Search for charles manson interviews on p2p networks.

This is not homeworkhelp.com

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. holy roller.

holy roller. 12oz Elite Member

holy roller. - Replied Mar 30, 2005

There's a movie called Helter Skelter
    and a couple books too bad it's due tomorrow.

At least you don't have down syndrome.

holy roller. - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Mar 30, 2005

My buddy wrote to Manson back in '97/8 and got five pages back of really scribbly writing. He says it is worth some money, but he'll never sell it because it means so much to him. He is a serious autograph hound.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  7. FunktionOne

FunktionOne 12oz Member

FunktionOne - Replied Mar 30, 2005

I know charlie was down with the beach boys, better ask somebody

FunktionOne - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fatalist - Replied Mar 31, 2005

This should teach you a lesson kid, DON'T FUCKIN PROCRASTINATE. Nah, on the real the only way out is to plagiarize.

fatalist - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. stylus1

stylus1 12oz Junior Member

stylus1 - Replied Mar 31, 2005

I should have never started this thread, but i was curious what people would have to say about it. I prolly had enough to push out 5 pages when i first posted, but whatever. I just finished reading that book, anyone who is interested in this type of shit buy it. Quite possibly the most sane insane things i've ever read. Not trusting for a second that this guy got as fucked as he feels he did, if he's as nuts as some people think he looks, he's damn good at making himself look level headed.

stylus1 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Mar 31, 2005

correct. do us a favour and remember that next time you want to hit the 'post new thread' button

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

The Leader - Replied Mar 31, 2005

I know a lot about C.M. already. I was curious so I read up on him, I listened to interviews etc etc. I have 2 of his albums on my computer.

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: