Charlie Manson - Autobiography

stylus1

I've got a paper due tommorrow in a Human Resource Development class, we need to write about a leader failing or successful, and what made them a leader, and what made them a failure or a success. Instead of going the cliche route of a paper on Adolf Hitler (I'm expecting there will be at least three) or JFK, I went ahead and chose the odd route of Charles Manson. Honestly, I didn't know a fucking thing about this dude, really, except for the fact that he had "followers" (golden example for this paper of leadership) and he had enough power over those followers to have them kill people with him, and for him. We have to read a biography, or autobiography, and I found an autobiography called "Manson, in his own words." This book explains a lot, I haven't finished it, and it has one incredible flaw. Its an interview of the man himself, a long story of his life told by him. Dude is gonna make himself look better than he is, not as nuts as he may be, and I can tell you right now, He's good at lying and bending the truth cause I find myself almost liking the dude to an extent before things started getting ugly. I'm trying to read it with one eye open, but i feel that a lot is going to be conveniently avoided in his explanation of what he and his circle did.

Bottom line is, Is there anyone out there that knows a lot about this on this forum? The book has a slant, and i'm trying to take into account everyway that he bends the truth in this paper. I don't want to write about reasons people followed him when he is telling a lie. (though he's good, could be the reason people trusted him) Dare I ask if anyone on here was alive for this?

*I'm not reading this book because i think he's cool, i'm not some pot-smoking hippie little bitch college kid. I decided I'd rather write about something interesting and maybe off the wall as opposed to the bullshit that everyone else pulled out of the textbook.

**For those of you who clicked on this thread for the shock value of the title. This book is kind of dope, it explains a lot about the 1960s, drug culture, the things 99% of us weren't around for and really shouldn't be interested in, But hey, it is kind of interesting. A lot of it is about rambling, somewhat being a drifter, reminds me a lot of the one or two random kids you meet at a wall who write that don't have anything, no car, no money, do drugs and steal paint, train hoppers and the like, people who don't have a direction and don't give a fuck that they don't. It's a surprising look into someone I've known little about, but like I said, i think it's best to read it with one eye open for listening and one eye closed for disagreeing and distrusting. But, anyone read this, anyone have a descent amount of knowledge about this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I should have never started this thread, but i was curious what people would have to say about it. I prolly had enough to push out 5 pages when i first posted, but whatever. I just finished reading that book, anyone who is interested in this type of shit buy it. Quite possibly the most sane insane things i've ever read. Not trusting for a second that this guy got as fucked as he feels he did, if he's as nuts as some people think he looks, he's damn good at making himself look level headed.