Character and Piece..

Guest Plaid Fill-ins

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn im getting tired of people talking shit about their own work. if you know it sucks then why post it? thats what the rest of us are here for. in any case i think you need to make the pictures bigger. its kinda hard to tell whats going on in the first picture and the second one looks aight but it needs to flow more. what does it say anyway?

sorry im in a shitty mood today or sumthin.

Guest tears*uno
Originally posted by DorkstaR

you know it sucks then why post it? thats what the rest of us are here for.

exactly...we're obviously not goign to boost your ego by tellingy ou it's good because you obviously know it sucks, so why go out of the way to get made fun of and booed in your own hate for your own stuff.

Originally posted by DorkstaR

damn im getting tired of people talking shit about their own work. if you know it sucks then why post it? thats what the rest of us are here for. in any case i think you need to make the pictures bigger. its kinda hard to tell whats going on in the first picture and the second one looks aight but it needs to flow more. what does it say anyway?

sorry im in a shitty mood today or sumthin.

agreed

Guest Plaid Fill-ins

i did them both quick this morning and they arent the best and i was bored so i posted them, they arent horrible but im not trying to get you to "boost my ego" i just posted for the hell of it.

nah man,that piece has some potential....with some proper minor fixings and a decent background on a wall or wherever....it could look alright....I can see that happening.....good luck bro.

The character isn't included in mentioned in the text I just typed.

Guest Plaid Fill-ins

Thanks man, yeah i guess its stupid to make fun of your own work, but its also stupid to brag about your shit when its not good, i know im going to progress as time goes on but right now im new so i guess thats why i said it..

yo elwood...i can see some good points in that second peice. i like the structures on the A and the K. i would say get rid of all the extra shit around the letters. just go with the basic structures of the letters. but dont hate on yourself...we were all where you were at one time.

i honestly have no idea if any of that made sense at all. man im wasted:crazy:

Guest Plaid Fill-ins

thanks for the advice man, yeah im gonna try to keep it simple until i get mad good at that then start progressin with the detail.

your character is hard to read..... it's too damn cluttered.. too much shit going on in such a small space... you should try to shade it out instead of coloring it in all flat... if the hand is supposed to be in the foreground... put white highlights in it.. and darker shading with a slightly higher contrast from the rest of the body.. use line weight to your advantage too.... if you want something to be bold, use bold outlines for it... but don't use bold outlines for the rest of it, or you'll set everything off... use thin outlines for the parts that aren't as important... it looks like you were kinda doin it in that picture, but it's hard to tell from the picture size... you should try to spread him out more.. take up the whole damn page if you have to.. and don't add too many extra things into it.. it makes it look tacky... just bust out the character proper, then add a simple background... either a scene, or some globules or organic shapes.. it's good to use the complimentary color of the primary color in your character.... to make him stand out more.. don't make the background just some flat shit though.. shade it out too.. anyway.. i'm no fuckin art teacher... work with it, see what solutions you can find to make your characters better... then post it up to show your progress....

that piece is just a typical toy wildstyle piece...sorry but its the truth..

Im not sayin ur a toy all together,but dont try being all wild...work on plain letters..give'em some new shapes...and work work work!

It will improve,i know that it takes time but it will..

I started drawing letters with 3d when i was 5 years old,and started gettin into graff at the age of 7....

Been carrying a marker in my pocket for almost 10 years now...

and yes,u will improve...trust me...

ur heading the right way,so good luck,and get back and show us ur work when ur done.

Peace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Elwood...

What you have here is a good start. And a few have given great advice. While others are haters for no apparent reason than grazing... I assume. As always, especially in this game, take everything with a grain of salt. Even advice from washed up writers like myself. That being said...

The set of three posted above are much better than the first run of pieces you posted. I really think the green one with the too dark blue line running through it is actually pretty nice. I would have left out the dark blue line and maybe went with a little bit more bubbles in the background... say in a two-tone blue instead of just the one. The outline itself is decent. It's familiar but seeing as how you are obviously fairly new to writing... I don't expect anything more. The thing I like about the green one more than any other piece posted is that you seem to let loose with the outline in comparrison. The whip of the back bars of the R and K really help the flow of the piece. Otherwise you would have ended up smushing them to fit the rest of the piece... like you did in the blue piece just below it. I'd stick with that style for a bit. Get comfortable with it. Almost to the point of where it just comes out naturally. Where you could draw it out with a sharpie. No pencils no erasers. Know what I mean? When you reach that point take it a step further...

Joker_Transcend

Guest FlamingHobo
Originally posted by Joker

Elwood...

What you have here is a good start. And a few have given great advice. While others are haters for no apparent reason than grazing... I assume. As always, especially in this game, take everything with a grain of salt. Even advice from washed up writers like myself. That being said...

The set of three posted above are much better than the first run of pieces you posted. I really think the green one with the too dark blue line running through it is actually pretty nice. I would have left out the dark blue line and maybe went with a little bit more bubbles in the background... say in a two-tone blue instead of just the one. The outline itself is decent. It's familiar but seeing as how you are obviously fairly new to writing... I don't expect anything more. The thing I like about the green one more than any other piece posted is that you seem to let loose with the outline in comparrison. The whip of the back bars of the R and K really help the flow of the piece. Otherwise you would have ended up smushing them to fit the rest of the piece... like you did in the blue piece just below it. I'd stick with that style for a bit. Get comfortable with it. Almost to the point of where it just comes out naturally. Where you could draw it out with a sharpie. No pencils no erasers. Know what I mean? When you reach that point take it a step further...

Joker_Transcend

joker..don't be depressed...being washed up is like retiring...so just move to florida and let your life slowly end :crazy:

Archived