'Chappelle's Show' is over

sarcasm

NEW YORK (AP) -- Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars.

" 'Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."

Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said.

"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. " 'Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.

Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.

Murphy, the older brother of comic Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star.

"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but 'Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/03/t...w.ap/index.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YO THE FUNNIEST SHIT WAS THAT REAL WORLD SKETCH WITH ALL THE BLACK FOLK AND THE 1 WHITE DUDE

AND WHEN HE COMES IN TRON (DAVE CHAPELLE) IS LIKE YOU SLEEPIN IN HIS ROOM (I FORGET HIS NAME)BUT ITS CHARLIE MURPHY

AND CHARLIE,S LIKE YA I JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON SO WHAT

YA AND YOU PISS SITTING DOWN DONT LET ME CATCH YOU PISSING STANDING UP

I DONT NO THAT WHOLE THING WAS TO MUCH

TYRONE AND TRON WHERE THE BEST

\

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Aug 3 2005, 06:09 PM

Sheeeeeesh, give it up. This is hardly the greatest show in TV history.....

NIGGAS BE HAVING TV'S IN CANADA? HAHA NAH IM PLAYIN, IM SAYING CHAPPELLES SHOW IS FUNNY, BUT IT AINT FUCK WITH DEGRASSI...RIGHT?...*AIRHORN*

FUCK OUTTA HERE NIGGA!

M E R O

MLBCEE.

That is fucking wack...

Dave is at the pinnacle of his career and he is going throw it all away...

Any comedian I know would give their mother's life for their own show, it is the true sign of success for a comedian.

That is typical egotistical celebrirty bullshit. You achieve the American dream and then you decide it's not for you.

He worked his whole life to get a show and now he is too crazy to do it.

Imagine working your whole life to get to the top and then giving up.

"mommy, I want to be president"

Ok son, just don't quit after two years...

EGOTISTICAL