Changing Your Name....

dr. frink one

Just wondering, i remember when I had to change my name a while back because of some shitty circumstances, but I really really didn't want to, and my original name is me....not the newer one...

just wondering how many have changed names,

how long into it,

and how many times.

I'm bored as fuck so entertain me

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

professor frink professor frink he makes ya laugh he makes ya think....

changed it um...2 times, the 1st was because i hated the name i started writing and didnt feel like i wanted to do much with it. and the second time was because A)got bagged, and although they didnt ask names, didnt want to have it around anymore to fuck me over B)rumors were going around that someone in TATS was writing it or something, i dont know and didnt care much to find out.

i like my new name though, stick with that for awhile.

frink, assuming that your sXe...do you live on LI? (not asking too much so dont give me cop bullshit) i just thought i was the only non-thug type writer on this mike-forsaken island.

nsk

sorry sozer....wish i could help you. While i am a "hardcore kid" who cares for neither baggy pants, nor baseball caps....i live in san francisco. Back on topic though...

My situation had to do with the police, some asshole kids....and a whole lot of bullshit. Regardless, it was the name I had from the FIRST day I picked up a pencil and got a book...the first fugly piece i did.....and when I changed it I realized how many memories and time I had invested it in... i REFUSED to change it....but eventually did. Does anyone else, maybe if you haven't changed you name understand how hard it would be to change it at the drop of a hat (not a baseball one)?

just thoughts over some pizza...

its all about your name, dont care what anyone says.

to me, your name is eevrything. im not sure in all cases it describes you, but it has to hold meaning or have an idea along with it. mine doest really relate to me i guess, but its got a great concept. dope fucking letters, and just everything fits into place. it took me years to get a dope name. i've been through tons of names, and it sucks. but its all worth it when you ifnd that perfect name.

IBTEASEROKALOT<~

:idea:

Guest Remy Martin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

if it means that much to you..you could just go ahead and keep writing it..and if anyone gots problems..fuckem..

"remember me, benny blanco from the bronx"

Originally posted by Remy Martin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

if it means that much to you..you could just go ahead and keep writing it..and if anyone gots problems..fuckem..

thanks for your bit, but i think you misunderstood WHY i had to, which we won't discuss, but it didn't have to do with just anyone having problems...

enough said

Yo man.. just change it. It seems to be your only option and think how much fun it is (well it was for me at least) when you start putting up a different name and no one is sure who this new dude is etc etc.. it's almost like starting over again man.. kind of fun if you ask me..

out.

Originally posted by avils

As in I'm thick for not knowing exactly what you were crapping on about ?? fuck off.

it wasn't directed at you, its just i was getting frustrated becuase i couldn't outright explain it. I already changed it, this was a WHILE back, and i was just talking about it to ask if people have had similar experiences. Don't take it personally

Guest wakassOATH

when i first started writing i had a new name every half hour , then i decided on one withit was COLD but someone already had it and i hated the letters

so i switched once more i like my name now (oath) i like the letters and its sounds fresh, my biggest fear is that some new cat will use the same name as me and be ignoriant and not change or use a number thats one of the reasons i like my name so much is becaus i have never heard or seen anyone with it

piece

I just changed my name after a whole summer of painting. Its a little dissapointing that I can really only say I have one fr8 now... but on the other hand, my old name was so horrible, and my new name is much much more fun. I dont know, a fresh start feels good.

Guest --zeSto--

I changed my name a few times before I found one that sticks.

The problem is that I'm getting bored of the general shapes of the letters

and need a new direction. Now all the shapes are of the 's' family

and I want to simplify into the 'd' family.

but once people start to know you...you're stuck.

Untill you get famous (which I'm not).

Then you can change all you want and people want to know

When I first started I had to change my name a few times, either someone had already been writing it or I found better letters. All in all every once in a while Ill throw up an old one for memories. Once I did a production piece alone with two of the names I wrote.

For me, I never had to change my name. But my friends change their name sometimes. They say they're bored with it, so they have a new one. However I do have an alternative name I write just for fun. But I don't think I can ever change my name. Nobody uses this name (not that I know of), and plus I got used to it. It also took me a while to develop my handstyle and style in general. Um.. that's all. You can ignore me now.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I never changed my name but i also dont really care using the same name on pieces all the time...i get bored.I always tag with my original name all pieces but due to recent incidents my name now sounds rediculous....anyway

I went to the tunnels with my homie "who is ILL" and he says to me after we put up a background color and start sizing the scheme of things. Write your name backwards. So I went all freestyle on the drop and shit came out good. Then he painted the crazy ass arrows pointing the right direction. We titled the piece LISDEXIA. This is probably the most fun I had with my name.:idea:

ive changed my name countless times, either because I decide the name sucks ass, or learn that its already some mega famous writer that I only start to see work by them after ive decided that word as my new name.....i dont even have a name now, though i have a word ive been fucking with on the side since my first blackbook, and can hit it up a million and a half different ways, but then its too many fucking letters.....i tell you choosing a name is fucking impossible.....same with crew names.......

Guest dukeofyork

im the only one with my name, and im lovin it...

i have considered running a devil name, but havent decided what i want to run with..

Guest serpent of the light

i changed my name once. i moved places, i kept sketching the old name, and still do, and its been 2 years, i miss tha name sometimes, but i've seen it used in the new town, and in texas and cali. i am now one and only, i think...

xxx303

ive changed my name like 3/4 times bc of lotsa different shit , but ive had this one for a year or a bit , and i kinda want to change it sometimes when i start feeling a new style or different letters but im tired of changing shit and having to get up a whole new name and have people realize that its me , or have to explain shit to people , so instead if i feel a new letter or sumthing i just draw/paint a name that has that letter in it , but that relates to me or my life , so its more personal and shit , iono if yall understand what i mean but fuk who cares i know...

Archived