CG Demo Scene

Herbivore

i don't know if any of you have ever been exposed to CG demos or not, but they're definitely something to check out if you're into that kind of stuff.

for those unfamiliar with the "scene", a demo is basically a computer program (usually written in assembly language) that utilizes complex algorithms to "WOW" people visually.

and there really is a scene to this. there are conventions held where people show off their work.

i wouldn't say that i'm really all that into this scene, but every once in a while i appreciate watching the shit that people come up with.

if you're interested in seeing some of these demos, check out this site:

http://www.demoscene.ru/english/demo/

on that page, the newest additions, i like the one "We Cell".... but you can also select a particular style of demo from the drop box at the top to see all of the ones they have, categorized by year. they have 64K demos, which are demos that are less than 64K in size (the ones that purely use algorithms and real-time rendering), megademos which are bigger and contain pre-rendered material, and even java/flash demos.

check it out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.